Wendell & Vinnie: Cancelled by Nickelodeon

wendell and vinnie canceledNickelodeon has decided to cancel Wendell & Vinnie, one of their newest sitcoms. There won’t be a second season and the rest of season one may not air either.

Wendell & Vinnie revolves around Vinnie (Jerry Trainor), the immature owner of a pop culture memorabilia in Los Angeles. His life is turned upside down when his nephew’s parents die unexpectedly and Vinnie finds himself the legal guardian of wise-beyond-his-years Wendell (Buddy Handleson). Thanks to the help of some friends (Haley Strode, Nicole Sullivan, and Angelique Terrazas), Vinnie starts to get the hang of being a parent.

The sitcom was initially going to be paired with Nick at Nite’s See Dad Run on Sundays. It ended up being launched on Saturday nights instead and the February debut drew 2.4 million viewers.

The ratings dropped over the course of the season and the last installment to air, the show’s 14th, drew just 1.3 million. According to Deadline, there were plans to relaunch the sitcom in September but that won’t be happening.

There are six original episodes remaining and it’s unknown if Nickelodeon will burn them off at some point.

UPDATE: The remaining episodes will start airing this Sunday night at 8:30pm.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Wendell & Vinnie has been cancelled? What did you like or dislike about the program?

Terry April 14, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I luv this show, it just knoks me out of my seat with laughter. Its heartbreaking to say goodbye.

Terry April 14, 2014 at 3:53 pm

This show makes my nights. I love it. Its heartbreaking to let it go.

Terry April 14, 2014 at 3:51 pm

This show ir realy funny, who can afford not to lyk it, it crack my ribs out and makes my night. Its heartbreaking to say goodbye.

Shelly March 11, 2014 at 8:57 pm

The show was hilarious. Good writing, good story line; what is not to love? So, maybe it can air after kiddies go to bed??!

Nancy November 2, 2013 at 2:57 pm

The show’s language was pretty coarse at first, but think it was more appropriate in later episodes. Sorry to see it go, was one of the few shows our son watched that we found funny and could stand (unlike iCarly and Big Time Rush, which were just annoying). He’s going to miss it!

jerica October 10, 2013 at 12:40 am

I’m extremely upset. Instead of cancelling the show they shouldve just moved the show onto teennick. I’m 22 and was watching every episode until they stopped airing. If they release this show onto dvd I will definitely buy it.

Tom Johnson September 2, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I thought the show was hilarious. I think what may have hurt the show was the lack of support. It didn’t get the showing that other shows got or get from Nick. True I found the humor perhaps a bit too adult but hey I am 42 so I got the humor and found it funny. Oh well, though if they’ve kept Marvin Marvin I’ll smack someone

Tha Critic August 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I’m thinking the coarse language in the show has to do with it being canned, because people had a problem with that being on a show for kids. I never watched a whole episode of it but that’s my guess.

Anonymous August 15, 2013 at 6:48 pm

They updated it, The show will air it’s 6 remaining episodes starting on Sunday. http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/nickelodeons-wendell-vinnie-cancelled/

admin August 15, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Got it. Thanks!

Dan August 15, 2013 at 4:19 pm

@TVseriesfinale admin

Deadline’s article updated it, that the remaining 6 episodes will begin airing Sunday August 18, at 8:30

admin August 15, 2013 at 6:55 pm