Round Three: What Top TV Show Should Be Cancelled?

Randy Jackson and Chris HarrisonHave you had enough of Ryan Seacrest, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi, and Simon Cowell? Or, how about Chris Harrison and his long-stemmed roses? Well, this is your chance to have your say.

In round one of the game, we asked you to vote for the popular and/or long-running TV show that you would like to see cancelled. With more than 40 TV shows on the list, you narrowed the contenders down to six — American Idol, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, CSI: Miami, Heroes, Survivor, and The Vampire Diaries.

The “favorites” in this round of the game were clear, though the order was a little surprising. In the first round, American Idol was the big winner.

Round Three: Which show would you love to see cancelled?

• The Bachelor/Bachelorette (66%)
  • American Idol (34%)

Total Votes: 1,227

Loading ... Loading ...

In the second round, 1,500 people voted and The Bachelor and Bachelorette received the most. Which one is truly the most-hated? Well, it’s up to you to decide here, in round three.

Remember, you can vote only once so choose carefully. Which show deserves the title of “Most Hated, Popular Show on Television.”

Vote and then be sure to comment below. Were you a fan of one of these shows in the past? If so, why did you stop watching?

40 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jennifer says

I can’t figure out how to actually vote for round 3, but out of Idol and the Batchler,

I WANT TO SEE The Bachelor and Bachelorette GONE!!!!!

I just don’t get it! Who cares who he/she picks? It is so scripted in my opinion, but arn’t most “reality” tv shows?

I actually don’t mind Idol, although I was annoyed at the end results for the years I felt that “Chris Daughtry” and “Adam Lambert” should have won hands down. I now believe that it is in some way “fixed results”. Since the year that Adam Lambert lost, I have not watched it faithfully.

2. Mary Ann says

Cancel American Idol. Granted both shows are getting old but I’d rather watch all the drama and romances on The Bachelor and Bachelorette.

3. francne says

i was happy to see the comment on Moonlight, Alec is a very engaging actor, and I want a his shows to succeed, Ioved Moonlight, wanted to , but did not like 3 river,s really enough of those types of Hospital shows, although, I was beginning to look forward to Mercy….The Ptsd issues, are upon us, and will continue until the war in the Middle East ends, So i feel the topic, is current, and very close to home for many…… Hope that Hawaii 5 o gives Alec what he deserves.

4. Mo says

The Bachelor/Bachelorette should be canceled because they never find any matches. It’s all about hooking up, getting laid and is totally made up. There is the exception of Ryan and Trista but that is so many ages ago. There was one other couple but I think they either broke up or maybe got married but then got divorced. But what that’s 2 couples out of thousands upon thousands upon thousands. What are your odds? The odds are so slim. The couples never ever work out with the exception of Ryan and Trista. Ryan and Trista seem like a truly good couple without much “fluff” and wanted to actually make things work out. Ryan and Trista seemed so down to earth unlike 98% of the other contestants. The rest of the Bachelor/Bachelorette’s are all in this la la land and they have made this show so made up and have this imaginary your living in such a fantasy world that it’s not “real life”. Most of the Bachelor/Bachelorette just want on TV and I would have to say mostly the women on both the Bachelor/Bachelorette have such this preconceived notion that there is going to be this night in shinning armor on his horse, going to sweep you off your feet, he magically has millions upon millions of dollars, you never have to work a day in your life, you and him will get married, never have any problems and live happily ever after. Um ok wake up!!! That’s so not life, it’s tv/the media. That’s such such such a small part of the population like .5% of the population or less. When pigs fly!! People have a much better chance of getting hit by a meteor.

5. Cindy Rivet says

The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Survivor and “any” reality show as far as I’m concerned – should be taken off the air to save us from ourselves! They are just plain stupid and unrealistic. People will embarrass themselves just to be seen on television. All those dating shows degrade women into looking desperate. The dating on the show is unrealistic, the odds of match-making are unrealistic and 99% of those couples do not work out and then people are hurt and devastated at the very end of the show. It is a set up for failure. Jake and Vienna will fail – mark my word ! He is a pretty boy looking for the “perfect” girl and we all know she is not it ! Sorry to be so honest…..

6. Arretta E. Keefer says

As far as I’m concerned, they can take all of the shows mentioned off the TV for good.
    They are mindless exploitation anyway. The producers of all these shows assume the viewers are mindless (as well as without taste) and will flock to the stores to buy their sponsors’ products and servies. Not true. It seems to me that it boils down to the Christians vs the Lions mentality. Appease the crowds with anything and they will buy into it. Sadly, it appears to be working (which doesn’t speak well of our mental evolution.
    Personally, I have only five shows I watch faithfully -because of the excellent cast and the continual excellence of the writing and ensemble acting.
    These include: Chuck, Castle, NCIS, Bones and CSI Crime Scene Investigation. And sometimes, Ghost Whisperer. I spend more time watching the Discovry Channel and TCM. There isn’ much worthwhile series on television anymore. Thank goodness I can catch up on the cancelled series I loved on my laptop thru HULU TV.

• roxyluvsnumb3rs says

Thank god, there is someone out there who thinks like i do. Its true-all the mindless shows… first i hear they want to cancel NUMB3RS, and now, SUPERNATURAL? What the heck are we coming to? This world is coming towards a sad mindless future. In fact, i’m scared to even think about it. Besides that, all those reality shows make me want to barf.

7. One of the Legion says

When I first heard that they were planning to get rid of reality shows, I almost threw a party. I hate those shows so much… The show they should really want to keep is American Idol. It’s really our only chance to help pick the music we’re listening to… as long as you have the right Cell service provider. How ridiculous is it that they want our votes, but we can’t even be heard if we don’t pay the right people?

But nevermind, I’m getting off track. The other thing I wanted to say aloud, Hell, I want to scream it: Those ****ers better not cancel Vampire Diaries! It’s the first series that shows how human the undead still are… fictionally speaking, of course.

8. Marie says

I can’t believe you have Vampire Diaries even in the contest for most hated show. I love the show and can’t wait every week for Thursday night. My husband and I both sit down to watch it together. If this shows gets taken off, I will be so upset with TV. I watch tv to get away from reality, who wants to watch it all the time.

9. Pat says

The Bachelor should be cancelled it is so stupid.Who cares what girl he picks,all that show does is show how rediculous people are.They are all exploited!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Pat says

You can cancel both of them.I really don’t care for either one of those shows.Put a good show on for a change like Eastwick!

11. says

I F ing Hate The Bach/ Bachelorette ,Idol andall of the STUPID reality shows that are fake as hell . The girls r drunk whores and the guys r horny douche bags. but get rid of every show I like . I hate ABC the most . They couldn’t keep a good show on tv if they’re asses depended on it. The shows they do keep they ruin and isn’t Friday a tv day??? What happened to TGIFriday All that’s on now is 20/20 or some other stupid ****. Do they pay people to ruin ****

12. Lisa Marie says

I voted for Bachelor/Bachelorette to be canceled over American Idol only because I truly get frustrated with what “IDIOTS” they put together on those shows. You watch the Bachelorette & see a guy “Jake” that seems so great, even goes so far as to fly back to tell (after being sent home) the girl that this one guy still left in the running isn’t an honorable guy, is then made the “Bachelor.” Great honorable guy right? He doesn’t listen when many of the girls try to warn him against a not so honorable girl, then he goes to the girls home to meet her parents & says those girls are jealous of her (Vienna) & totally thru her under the bus. Not only did he do the same thing to the guy on the Bachelorette but he just thru all of these girls who were trying to look out for him under the bus. NOT the great guy I thought he was. Then Calli leaves, (realizes) as soon as she does that she made a mistake, he was SO upset he cried because he thought she might be the 1 for him. When she calls to apologize & ask to come back? He’s sorry, he invested too much time with the other girls & too emotionally involved so he doesn’t want her back. (In how much time elapsed?) & of course EVERY GIRL there he LOVES “so much” he can picture them as his wife. WHAT A LOAD OF HOOWIE! WHAT AN EGOTISTICAL JERK TRYING TO PASS AS A WHITE KNIGHT! WHAT A WASTE OF T.V. TIME!

13. Arretta E. Keefer says

I believe that a remake of the tired Hawaii Five-0 is another of CBS’s grande mistakes.
    As much as I like actor, Alex O’Loughlin, I didn’t watch the medical series (too many doctor and nurse soaps on tv already. Let those old series die a natural death. If you weren’t savy enough to keep making Moonlight, which, by the way is a million times better than the rash of teen-throb vampires, what makes you guys (and ladies) think we’ll watch a tired old series? Wake up!

That goes for all of the reality garbage and the beat-to-death talent shows. I, for one, would be happy to see them all cancelled in favor of something more intelligent, smart, and entertaining…even educational. Or do you think the public can’t handle that. You would be (and are) wrong. I dare you to publish this on your website.

14. Love American Dramas says

Why cant they keep shows like Without A Trace they are things that i find here in Aus something worth watching on TV all those realities shows should go espec the Batchelor and Batchelorette waste of time