White Collar: USA Network Show Renewed for Season Two

White CollarWhile the series is only halfway through its first season, USA has given the go-ahead for a second season of freshman drama White Collar.

White Collar follows conman Neal Caffrey (Matthew Bomer) who makes a deal to help FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay ) while searching for his missing girlfriend, Kate (Alexandra Daddario). The crime drama also stars Willie Garson, Tiffani Thiessen, Sharif Atkins, Natalie Morales, and James Rebhorn.

The show debuted in October with a bang and 5.4 million viewers. The ratings dwindled to a low of 3.85 million during the first half of its season but ended on a high note. Following the series finale of Monk, White Collar’s fall finale drew 5.5 million.

Though only half of the first season has aired thus far, the show’s already been renewed for a second season. Jeff Eastin, White Collar’s creator and executive producer, first tweeted the news, writing, “White Collar season 2 pickup is official! Congratulations to the best cast and crew on television.”

The pickup was later confirmed by USA. The cable channel’s president of original programming, Jeff Wachtel, said, “Jeff Eastin created a show that was both on-brand and that arguably took USA Network to a new level of sophistication. After breaking out of the gate so strongly, and with finale ratings that actually exceeded the premiere, White Collar was a lock for a second season.”

Its unclear thus far when the second season will air or how many episodes have actually been ordered.

The cast and crew just wrapped production on season one on Sunday. The remaining seven episodes will begin airing on Tuesday, January 19, 2010.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there will be more White Collar coming your way?

N.Burris March 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm

This is the best show in years. I don’t like television, however, this one sucked me in and I never miss it. I do hate having it broken up and now to wait for Summer…….ugh! I suppose the writing and the actors are worth it.

N.Burris

Elizabeth Casey January 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Is Kate Moreau, Neal’s girl friend alive or dead? I think I missed some
episodes.

Patrick September 15, 2010 at 8:29 am

Thanks for the great article on White Collar. I really enjoy this show but I feel that it doesn’t get enough viewership because it isn’t on network TV. I believ that Matt Bomer (Neal Caffrey) really makes this show with his amazing acting style. It will be interesting to find out what happens when this season returns with Mozzie. Check out this other great site about the White Collar TV show.

Judy August 28, 2010 at 7:38 am

I truly love the show and hope there are more seasons to come. I watch the reruns daily…gotta love the DVR. The cast is great and hope they stick with it. I support Matt and will stick by him. Your friend in Tennessee.

Sheila dame July 27, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I love this show, hope it last a long time.

Sheila dame July 27, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I love this show and the people they picked to star in show are wonderful for the parts they play hope it last a long time.

shar July 12, 2010 at 5:31 am

I am so happy to hear White Collar has been renewed for a second season. Ncis has been my fav for quite a while, but now I think White Collar is #1 with me. I love the cast and the storyline and episode plots, and I’m glad it’s not as violent or gruesome as NCIS can be. Keep up the great work!

Vee June 28, 2010 at 4:00 am

Definitely happy to hear there will be a second season.

postcard from oz June 26, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Hi – as someone who came across the first season by accident via itunes i the show is great – its a crime series with a difference – i love the wit…. its very clever…..and agreed with other comments – the cast all have depth.. when will series 2 be available?

admin June 26, 2010 at 6:27 pm

@postcard from oz: Season two starts July 13th on USA.

Lilian E Jansz June 24, 2010 at 6:11 am

Totally support the making of Season 2 and keep more seasons coming. It’s a welcome
change from the present lineups of violence and boring and predictable reality tv.

rita murphy May 25, 2010 at 12:55 pm

white collar by far the best show on tv
best writers and the best actors

Jaylene Roysdon June 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I totally agree with you Rita, it is the best new show that USA has intoduced. They need to keep it going.

Jaylene Roysdon May 22, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I am very fond of White Collar and am deffinately looking forward to additional episodes. I hope they will start soon.

I have been concerned about not hearing any mention of the program thus far on the USA channel. It is just to good of a show to be left out of the lineup.

Please advise me of when to expect the current season to begin.

Sebastian April 28, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Yep, I’m officially excited! :D White Collar it’s one of the best shows out there and I’m truly happy it get’s season two :) I’m glad Matt and Tim are getting together again, I mean they are great acting together!

wing surfer March 27, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Iam excited that White Collar is renewed for the second season. I love both Matt and Tim. The show has great cast. I am tired of all those other series’ muder scenes. This is a much sophiscated show. Please keep it coming –USA.