White Collar: USA Network Show Renewed for Season Two

White CollarWhile the series is only halfway through its first season, USA has given the go-ahead for a second season of freshman drama White Collar.

White Collar follows conman Neal Caffrey (Matthew Bomer) who makes a deal to help FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay ) while searching for his missing girlfriend, Kate (Alexandra Daddario). The crime drama also stars Willie Garson, Tiffani Thiessen, Sharif Atkins, Natalie Morales, and James Rebhorn.

The show debuted in October with a bang and 5.4 million viewers. The ratings dwindled to a low of 3.85 million during the first half of its season but ended on a high note. Following the series finale of Monk, White Collar’s fall finale drew 5.5 million.

Though only half of the first season has aired thus far, the show’s already been renewed for a second season. Jeff Eastin, White Collar’s creator and executive producer, first tweeted the news, writing, “White Collar season 2 pickup is official! Congratulations to the best cast and crew on television.”

The pickup was later confirmed by USA. The cable channel’s president of original programming, Jeff Wachtel, said, “Jeff Eastin created a show that was both on-brand and that arguably took USA Network to a new level of sophistication. After breaking out of the gate so strongly, and with finale ratings that actually exceeded the premiere, White Collar was a lock for a second season.”

Its unclear thus far when the second season will air or how many episodes have actually been ordered.

The cast and crew just wrapped production on season one on Sunday. The remaining seven episodes will begin airing on Tuesday, January 19, 2010.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there will be more White Collar coming your way?

Laura March 25, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I´m so happy withe collar returning!! I´m a big fan.. I saw it by internet when I was researching some materials and other stuffs.
In my country is something new…It has been recently publicited on Fox tv Argentine, so, I think it will have a big succed … I´m looking foward it!!

Amber March 15, 2010 at 10:06 am

I am so glad that White Collar is coming back!! IT is one of my favorite shows. I hope it runs for a long time!

Quincey March 11, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I’m very glad to hear White Collar will be returning!!! I enjoy the show very much and make sure to record and watch every episode.

elaine March 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I love White Collar and look forward to seeing it for a few more years……..the second season finale which aired March 9 was terrific and I can hardly wait to see more

Katie March 5, 2010 at 12:52 am

I love White Collar and i am glad it got renewed for a second season.

cheri wallace March 1, 2010 at 8:08 am

love the show, hope it continues for many more seasons!

cj murray February 16, 2010 at 6:49 pm

White COllar is a great show and I hope it runs for many seasons. The actors are great and the interaction is just fun to watch. Matt Bomer is the best young actor I have seen in a while and the others are great too. Looking forward to the second season. It’s a refreshing change from the glum tv that we are usually given.

Susie January 26, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I am very happy it’s continuing. Matt Bomer is HOTTT!!!!!!

Lakinca January 13, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I am shocked!! A great show that gets renewed. Bravo to a network that is NOT the top 3 and so mainstream.

Trisha January 2, 2010 at 10:26 pm

It sucks that Monk is over but I’m so happy White Collar was picked up. I really like this show. Please keep this show on the air and don’t cancel it like Eastwick or Dollhouse!

Carmen Benabe December 31, 2009 at 7:10 pm

I truly enjoy watching White Collar. Besides the fact that Matthew Bomer is a sight to see, the show is very interesting. That last episode was a true cliffhanger. (Lisa said it right!)

CATHY December 31, 2009 at 8:59 am

I AM SO HAPPY WHITE COLLOR IS COMMING BACK. BUT WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE DAY TOTUESDATS. WHY NOT USE IT TO REPLACE MONK.
NOW I WILL NOT GET TO SEE IT. UNLESS IT SHOWS DURING THE DAY SOME TIME

Anonymous February 24, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I really like White Collar but LOVE NCIS and there is no way I’ll give up Gibbs on Tuesday night for any other show, no matter how good it is. Sorry Matt Bomer. Wish you had stayed in your original spot!!

e December 30, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Great show gla it is coming back

Elaine December 29, 2009 at 11:15 pm

I agree with lisa. I do not know why more people have voiced their opinion. The only thing I can think of is that all my friends do not take this web site seriously. I tell them that it is important to let networks know what they think. I do not think they want to take the time. If you are ready this, does not take that much time to send your opinon.

Lisa December 27, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I am very glad that White Collar has been picked up for a second season. It is a sophisticated drama that with an interesting twist. I thought the final fall episode was well done with many interesting twists and an exceptional cliffhanger. I am looking forward to the last part of this season that starts in mid January. I have had nothing good to watch on Fridays since the last show. I look forward to the second season as well.