Who Do You Think You Are?: Reality Show Renewed for Season Three

Who Do You Think You Are? renewedNBC has given the go-ahead for a third season of its Who Do You Think You Are? reality series. The show follows celebrities as they travel far and wide to trace their ancestral roots. Celebrities that have taken part thus far include Sarah Jessica Parker, Emmitt Smith, Matthew Broderick, Brooke Shields, Susan Sarandon, Spike Lee, Vanessa L. Williams, Tim McGraw, Rosie O’Donnell, and Kim Cattrall. Lisa Kudrow is the executive producer and has also appeared on camera, traveling as far as Poland.

Who Do You Think You Are? started off season one with a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.85 million viewers. By the end of the season, the ratings had fallen to a 1.2 in the demo and 5.21 million. Still, NBC opted to bring it back for another season.

Three episodes of season two have aired so far and have averaged a 1.3 rating and 6.6 million viewers. Those aren’t great numbers but apparently good enough for a Friday night timeslot. There are five more episodes to go for season two which is expected to wrap in early April.

What do you think? Do you like the Who Do You Think You Are? series? Glad to see it renewed?

Betty October 29, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Does anyone know when the third season will start?? I’ve been watching for it. . . my family and I LOVE the show. Doesn’t matter if we know the “celebrities” or not. . . as long as they seem comfortable being on camera and we can understand what they are saying!! So interesting to see how they have new insight into their families. . . why people are the way they are. . .

Brenda October 29, 2011 at 7:30 am

Please keep “Who Do You Think You Are” on.
People are just now finding out about the show–give it more time. I will fly.
BC

ancestry mom October 15, 2011 at 12:41 am

Please continue with this ,its not getting enough advertising,most of my friends never heard of this and they love it

Martin October 14, 2011 at 6:02 pm

My wife and I have become big fans of this show. We were hoping that the series was going to be renewed so this is great news. I think the problem with ratings are the people who take part. I think that the producers need to find people who are a little more popular, even a little off beat.

Jo October 12, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I am so glad to hear there will be a third season. I do not watch very much TV but this is my favorite show and I never miss it. In fact, I even watch re-runs.

colleen October 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm

YES! Soooooooooo glad to hear there is going to be a 3rd season……For all of us ancestry nuts, geneology crazy and histroy buffs, thank you, thank you!!! I have watched all of the oversea and Canadian versons and cannot get enough. I too wish it was longer than 1 hour and more stars……………
It would be nice to see some personal stories too of everyday people!!!
Excited for February!

Deb October 3, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Would love to see season three. Enjoyed the program very much thus far. I also do family history and think it’s important for kids to learn about history as it relates to thier own family.

mary ann October 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

i love it.We need more family shows. It is time to bring back the family hour with shows like Who do you think you are. When does seson 3 begin.

Barbara Moon October 2, 2011 at 4:25 am

I really like this show. I have been doing genealogy since the late 1970′s and this show has given me some great information and hints.

Cathy Hooper October 1, 2011 at 8:55 am

I LOVE this show. so informative.

cheryl October 1, 2011 at 5:37 am

I have been wondering for a long time if another season of “Who Do You Think You Are” is going to be coming on TV. I really enjoy this show, and can’t wait to see it. Who will be investigated on this season?

Traycee September 30, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I absolutely enjoy this show. I am quite disappointed when it is not on weekly. I could watch reruns and be happy. It holds my interest and is informative. I can learn from other researchers and see research libraries that I only wish to go to one day. I do hope it continues for years to come. It would be nice to have a longer seasons also. Thank you for this wonderful program.

Anonymous September 30, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Love this show!!! Can’t wait for season 3!!!!! When will it start????

Dan September 30, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I’ve been waiting for the show to come back to. I didn’t know there was a season 1 either and it was just by accident that I found this on. I have to admit at first I thought it was just a version of PBS’s celebrity geneaology, but I did get hooked and the PBS series isn’t on anyway. I really do think there is a market for this type of family history programming.

Vivian September 30, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I’ve been watching it since the beginning since I’m doing my own ancestry research. I’d probably watch it regardless. Love it! Wish each season had more episodes and would be happy as well if they were longer than 1 hour. Can’t wait for February. Hope the show continues to be renewed for a very long time.