Who Do You Think You Are?: Revived by TLC for Season Four

who do you think you are tv show revivedLast May, NBC cancelled Who Do You Think You Are? after three seasons on the air. There was talk about the show possibly being saved by a cable channel and now, that’s just what’s happened.

TLC has picked up the genealogy series for eight new episodes which will begin airing on July 23rd. Production is currently underway and Christina Applegate, Cindy Crawford, and Zooey Deschanel are three of the celebrities taking part.

Executive producer Lisa Kudrow said, “I’ve never stopped hearing about how much people love Who Do You Think You Are?, and I’ve always known that we’ve had more great stories to share. TLC is a great home for the series, and we join our excited celebrity participants as we unearth some amazing background and surprising histories.”

What do you think? Do you like the Who Do You Think You Are? TV series? Will you tune in for the new episodes on TLC?

19 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lynne says

Can’t wait! Delighted WDYTYA will be returning on July 23! It confirms my belief that we are all truly connected!

2. michelle says

Yes! I am glad I found out about the move…their loss is TLCs gain! Too bad the stations are losing quality programs!

3. Joanne says

I loved watching this series and was stunned when it was canceled by NBC so I am thrilled that TLC has taken it over.
    Every family has a story to tell and these televised stories, although they make it look far easier than it really is, show us that the truth is often very exciting and often mysterious.

4. Maggie says

I love this show and have missed it this season. I can’t imagine why NBC dropped it, but now I’m looking forward to picking up the new season with TLC. I’ve told all my friends.

5. Ronnie Jaap says

Love this show! Searched the web to see when season 4 would be starting up. So glad TLC picked up! Keep up the good work!

6. Elys says

I miss this show. I find it incredibly interesting and it inspires me to investigate my own family history. I will definitely watch every episode !

7. Bethany says

I love this show, and with all the recent cancelations on network tv, I will have so much more time to explore channels like TLC once more. Seriously like 85% of my viewing time on tv has been opened up, and I watch A LOT of tv.

8. Why Watch says

Why should I care about famous celebrities and their lineage. It would be more interesting if this was done for your average person and for them to find out something about their family they had not known.
    TLC used to have good shows, now they aren’t worth watching anymore.

9. Betty says

LOVED THIS SERIES. Looked forward to it weekly and was very disappointed when it was cancelled. Thank goodness someone out there cares about what we want to watch.