Who Do You Think You Are?: Season Five Renewal from TLC

who do you think you are? season 5TLC has renewed Who Do You Think You Are? for a fifth season. They revived the show for year four after NBC cancelled it and now they want more.

The cable channel has ordered 10 more episodes of the genealogy docu-series and they’ll air sometime in 2014.

The eight episodes of season four of Who Do You Think You Are? attracted about 1.8 million viewers per episode for TLC. The fourth season concluded last night and drew more than 2.0 million.

The latest celebrities in search of their roots included Kelly Clarkson, Christina Applegate, Chelsea Handler, Zooey Deschanel, Chris O’Donnell, Cindy Crawford, Trisha Yearwood, and Jim Parsons.

What do you think? Do you enjoy this series? Are you glad it’s coming back?

Jean July 10, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Because of the internet (Ancestry.com), I think everyone should attempt to look into their family. Its SO EASY now! Start with what you know and it will leave you on a quest you would never of imagined. This show gives you such a realistic view of how easy it is. And NO, you don’t have to go to all the places you ancestors lived…but it is fun to do. I have found cousins I never knew existed, found fascinating stories about my ancestors. Only wish they did shows like this about us commoners. I love this show and am glad to watch it season after season.

CINDY June 4, 2014 at 2:47 am

I just love WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? I’m into our families genealogy. I so appreciate the show and I know several of my friends that do too! I can’t wait until it comes back in 2014!!!!!!

Marie March 19, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Great show! Can’t wait to see it!

Marta March 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm

When does it start?

Gracie October 8, 2013 at 9:09 am

I think they did a better job at choosing the celebrities when it was moved to TLC. The celebs were much more current.

Jerry September 14, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I was sad when NBC cancelled it and got excited when TLC picked it up and I’m looking forward to season 5. I am curious who will be on next season.

Kdl September 13, 2013 at 3:10 am

I was so excited to see that TLC picked up the show for this year and next year. I love watching the journey people take discovering their families history. I hope it’s on for many years to come.

Why Watch September 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I might watch this show if it was about ordinary people finding out things about their lineage. But I could care less about stars, so don’t watch.

Delbert September 12, 2013 at 10:19 am

Great news! Was very happy to see the show back for this year, and even happier to know it’ll be back next season.