Whodunnit?: Cancel or Keep the ABC Mystery Series?

WHODUNNIT? cancel or keep?Since June, ABC has been airing a murder mystery reality series called Whodunnit?. Has the show been making a killing in the ratings? Should the network cancel or renew it for a second season?

Whodunnit? follows a group of 13 contestants who have been invited to stay in a Beverly Hills mansion. Guided by host/butler Giles (Gildart Jackson), they try to solve the “murders” of other contestants, uncover the killer’s identity, and survive long enough to ultimately win a $250,000 prize.

The show debuted on June 23rd to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.05 million total viewers. It wasn’t a very impressive start and the second episode’s ratings dropped more than 20%, to a 1.0 rating and 3.19 million viewers. The numbers have stayed at roughly those levels ever since.

The ratings are pretty lousy but the small audience has remained consistent and loyal. While ABC could justifiably cancel Whodunnit?, something tells me they may give it a second chance anyway.

The network sometimes decides to give struggling shows a bit more time. For example, they could have cancelled Shark Tank after one season but decided to stick with it instead. Their patience was rewarded and it’s grown into a hit show on Friday nights. Whodunnit? might be lucky as well.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew Whodunnit? for a second season or should they cancel it instead? Have you been watching each week?

Anonymous August 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

KEEP IT PLZ I WANT TO BE ON THIS SHOW

Anonymous August 19, 2013 at 2:09 pm

keep it!!!!

Shannon August 19, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Even tho I do not have Cable, I do have Hulu and Netflix. I work a lot but have remained a loyal viewer to this program on Mondays through my Hulu. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show and my family does too. We all watch t together on Mondays an it has become a big thing for us. I would be very sad if this Show was not given a Second Season to at least see if it would reach more viewers. It has had a consistent audience an I do think given the chance it could reach a bigger list of viewers. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW FOR A SECOND SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!! OH and Thank You :0)

Laura August 19, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I love this show. I watch it with my sister and it’s both fun and dramatic.
I hope season two will bring a change in the location. Maybe a Mysterious Island like the second book they’ll release in a few days, also written by Anthony Zuiker. You must keep it because it’a a innovative concept of a show, and it’s far from boring.

Deeny August 19, 2013 at 11:31 am

Keep it!

Grayson August 19, 2013 at 10:33 am

keep this show! i absolutely love it!

Antonio G August 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

All I can think about is how EPIC this show is. And how loyal the fans have been with the rating staying that same mostly. ABC, give this a chance like ‘shark tank’. I know this has potential to go down in Crime Genre History. RENEW!!!

Anonymous August 19, 2013 at 8:37 am

Bring it back!!!!

dwayne August 19, 2013 at 3:56 am

please keep the show! nothing like it out there. its a lot of fun and different than the million cooking or gordan ramsey spin offs.

Candice Brown August 19, 2013 at 2:47 am

I absolutely LOVE this show & would kill for a chance to be in it!!! I have been a loyal watcher since the very first episode. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t cancel it!!!!!

Marilyn Garza August 19, 2013 at 2:30 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW. I WATCH IT SUNDAY NIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND!!! We thoroughly enjoy the suspense and we are totally into it. I actually would love to be apart of the next season!!!! Please keep me posted! I want a trip to Rue Manor!!!! Love the show, I love Giles. Definitely a keeper!

John Fuller August 19, 2013 at 1:26 am

Please keep the show… it is a very good show. It is worth the ratings and will get more if it is kept.
Thanks

Logan VanKatwyk August 19, 2013 at 1:21 am

RENEW!!!!! RENEW RENEW RENEW!!! my whole family on Sundays eagle eyes the clock for when it shows on. Even my 9 year old brother would be SOOOOOOO sad if it wasn’t renewed. He’d be the happiest little boy in the world if there is a second season! He even reminds me “Ok 2 more hours!” “Ok only 30 minutes!” and today he was so sad he had to go to bed and watch it the next day because he had to get up for school. It was my favorite show as well and i had so much fun figuring out how the killer did it before everyone else in the show. And i was thoroughly interested in it because i’m planning on doing criminal profiler when im older. and i was just so happy when i guessed and got it right who the killer was a quarter of the way in the episode

sue August 19, 2013 at 12:18 am