Whodunnit?: Cancel or Keep the ABC Mystery Series?

WHODUNNIT? cancel or keep?Since June, ABC has been airing a murder mystery reality series called Whodunnit?. Has the show been making a killing in the ratings? Should the network cancel or renew it for a second season?

Whodunnit? follows a group of 13 contestants who have been invited to stay in a Beverly Hills mansion. Guided by host/butler Giles (Gildart Jackson), they try to solve the “murders” of other contestants, uncover the killer’s identity, and survive long enough to ultimately win a $250,000 prize.

The show debuted on June 23rd to a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.05 million total viewers. It wasn’t a very impressive start and the second episode’s ratings dropped more than 20%, to a 1.0 rating and 3.19 million viewers. The numbers have stayed at roughly those levels ever since.

The ratings are pretty lousy but the small audience has remained consistent and loyal. While ABC could justifiably cancel Whodunnit?, something tells me they may give it a second chance anyway.

The network sometimes decides to give struggling shows a bit more time. For example, they could have cancelled Shark Tank after one season but decided to stick with it instead. Their patience was rewarded and it’s grown into a hit show on Friday nights. Whodunnit? might be lucky as well.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew Whodunnit? for a second season or should they cancel it instead? Have you been watching each week?

Great Show August 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Please please keep the show!!! I know some people might view it as anywhere from a little bit to really cheesy at times, but it’s so easy to get hooked on. I’ve gotten several of my friends hooked on it as well and I feel like if they give it another chance the number of viewers will go up. We fans would enjoy a second season for this addictive and fun summertime show :).

Donovan August 11, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I hope they keep it love the theme show is great if ppl give it a chance

Ray August 11, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Love the show!! KEEP!!!!

diva1012 August 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Keep it!!

Rebecca August 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm

I reeeally hope they keep it on. I’m not really a fan of reality tv shows, but this one is so fun! Love piecing together the murders and guessing at the murderer.

MHS August 11, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Please keep whodunnit on abc. This kept me hooked over the summer. It deserves a second chance. I love the twists because they are suspecful.
Please keep it it.

Cathy August 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm

They must keep it! I’ve never loved a show so much! They have like 1 million loyal viewers ! This show is amazing, fillies with so many twist and mysteries that every episode gives me the chills! They could have a lot more ratings if they advertised it more. PLEASE ABC RENEW THIS!!

Dena August 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm

please renew this… It is a awesome show…. Love it Love it Love it….

William August 11, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Keep the show . My wife, daughter, and especially my 11 year old son love it. It’s fun to watch.

Melanie August 11, 2013 at 9:41 pm

KEEP IT!!!!! I’m looking forward to a Season 2. Love this kind of show. It’s an Agatha Christie “And Then There Were None.” It’s about the only reality show I’ll watch and am enjoying.

Addict August 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I LOVE Whodunnit. I am so hooked and I really hope that it does not get cancelled. I feel like a different time of year, different night, and more advertising for the show will increase ratings. Please DON’T CANCEL WHODUNNIT!

Angela Gatto August 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I only hope that ABC gives Whodunnit? A second chance. There’s no other reality show with this theme currently on television. It’s thought provoking, mysterious and it’s not trashy, (which some of us are sick of watching and/or hearing about) there’s no name calling, it’s just based on facts, strategy and an ultimate goal of staying alive to win the cash prize. It’s a good murder mystery reality show and I think television lacks this much needed and interesting genre. There are definitely worse reality shows on television that miraculously stay on. If necessary, this show can be tweeked to attract more viewers, perhaps a Celebrity Whodunnit. Who wouldn’t want to see certain celebrities whacked? It could even be quite funny. I think people would pay to watch that. :)

Casey August 11, 2013 at 9:21 pm

The only show that sucks harder than this one is “The Bachelorette”.

artis dowdell August 11, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I like the show. Abc cancelled 666 park ave. And several other showsthat I like. Keep this show,!

Stephanie August 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I hope they keep it. I love it.

I also want to try out if they have another season.

It’s such a cute show. I love the corny jokes and the twists!