Without a Trace

Without a TraceNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 160 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: September 26, 2002 — May 19, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Anthony LaPaglia, Poppy Montgomery, Enrique Murciano, Eric Close, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Roselyn Sanchez, Adriana DeMeo, Ty Miller, Joshua Gomez, Eric Scott Gould.

without a trace past TV show

TV show description:
A drama that follows an FBI missing persons team and their cases. Each episode shows the events leading up to a person’s disappearance and the timeline of the efforts to find them. At the end of each episode, information on a real-life missing person is is shown.

The team includes FBI head of the Missing Persons Unit Special Agent John Michael Malone (Anthony LaPaglia) and special agents Samantha Spade (Poppy Montgomery), Martin Fitzgerald (Eric Close), Vivian Johnson (Marianne Jean-Baptiste), Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano), and Elena Delgado (Roselyn Sanchez).

Series Finale:
The series has ended.

What happened next?
No plans have been announced to revive the series.

Behind the Scenes

space
The series ranked in the top twenty for each of five seasons.
space
The real-life missing persons information is generally not shown in other countries. A few countries replace the US information with details from a case in that particular area.
space
In 2003, TNT acquired the syndication rights to broadcast the series for $1.4 million per episode.

Canceled and renewed TV show

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anita Garrison says

I am so disappointed that it was cancelled. Is there a write in campaigne to have the CBS heads reconsider?

2. michael Goldman says

What a shame A great show great story lines and a terriffic cast What we dont need is more garbage reality shows Enough is enough Bring back Without a trace please!!!!!

3. says

I was just looking for the season premiere date, and found out the show is not returning. What on earth are they thinking? If what I have read is correct, the reruns generate more viewings than some of their new shows…….what a boneheaded decision.

4. Lorrie Q says

Without a trace is one of the best shows on TV, I just cannot believe that you cancelled it, I just found out now, I was wondering when the season premiere was going to air and found out it was cancelled without even a final show. Please do something about this.

5. Truitta Short says

I am totally flabbergasted. I cannot believe that CBS cancelled this long running, chair gripping, drama series. I have watched this show since it started. I watch every re-run on TNT also. To find out it has been cancelled is just heartbreaking. It was by far the best drama on CBS. Evidently, if it’s not “reality” these days, it don’t make it. How sad!

6. Alesia Mudd says

I am verry, verry mad and disappointed in CBS for canceling Without A Trace. My family has always thought CBS has had the best shows, but we are begining to think differently. We also really liked The Unit and Flash Point.

7. says

I am so very disappointed that “Without a Trace” has ended. It has been the best show on tv and my favorite for so long. What can I do to encourage it coming back? I am just really, really disappointed. There are so few shows that have it all: Good actors, good story, exciting, captivating….really a bad decision to let this one go.

8. Mary L says

I have been looking forward to the new 2010 season of this show. I was checking to see when the season opener airs, and now have just found that it has been canceled. I am so upset. This show has been excellent, and LaPaglia is awesome. I am grieved beyond words. If there is any chance, please bring it back. There are many fans committed to watching this show.

9. Debbie P says

This was the best show of all. I just can’t believe it is being cancelled. The show always had such a good story to it , it was a decent show and the actors were awesome. I have been watching this show for years and now I can’t believe its not going to be on anymore. There is very little good shows on anymore and now its even worse. I don’t understand why this had to happen. I am very upset and disappointed to say the least, and I am speaking for alot of people. This really is a terrible thing to do.