Without a Trace

Without a TraceNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 160 (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: September 26, 2002 — May 19, 2009
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Anthony LaPaglia, Poppy Montgomery, Enrique Murciano, Eric Close, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Roselyn Sanchez, Adriana DeMeo, Ty Miller, Joshua Gomez, Eric Scott Gould.

without a trace past TV show

TV show description:
A drama that follows an FBI missing persons team and their cases. Each episode shows the events leading up to a person’s disappearance and the timeline of the efforts to find them. At the end of each episode, information on a real-life missing person is is shown.

The team includes FBI head of the Missing Persons Unit Special Agent John Michael Malone (Anthony LaPaglia) and special agents Samantha Spade (Poppy Montgomery), Martin Fitzgerald (Eric Close), Vivian Johnson (Marianne Jean-Baptiste), Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano), and Elena Delgado (Roselyn Sanchez).

Series Finale:
The series has ended.

What happened next?
No plans have been announced to revive the series.

Behind the Scenes

space
The series ranked in the top twenty for each of five seasons.
space
The real-life missing persons information is generally not shown in other countries. A few countries replace the US information with details from a case in that particular area.
space
In 2003, TNT acquired the syndication rights to broadcast the series for $1.4 million per episode.

Canceled and renewed TV show

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Renee says

This was one of my favorite shows of all time! This show was still great all the way up to the end, and with some great ideas and the fact that it could come back may make people watch more!

2. Sue says

Really wish you would bring this show back! I loved it because it wasn’t always about dead bodies like the other shows are. It was the mystery of life happenings and great interactions with the personal lives of the characters. Please bring it back!

3. Courtney says

I am so upset that you have cancelled Without A Trace. It was by far one of the best dramas ever to have been on TV. I hope CBS will find a way to bring it back. I loved the characters and the shows and will miss it very much!

4. Mandisa says

I too was shocked and quite disappointed that this show was cancelled. I thought the acting was phenomenal and the plots fresh and intriguing. There are few shows that have this combination. I really agree with the comment that viewer numbers probably would have been more consistent if they didn’t move the airtime around so much. I often would be wondering what day it was coming on- I would look for it and it wouldn’t be on the time that I thought.

5. Marie Delnicki says

This was a great show; the heck with CBs……I hope another station (preferably a cable station) will pick up the series. It was a great cast and a wonderful show in the midst of all the trash that has become part of television (the same type of series over and over again) this was truly different.

TNT, USA, Somebody….revive this show!

6. Kris says

Why do we pay for TV? We have no choice of what our viewing options are. I have had enough of reality TV. We do not need Octomom, Wife Swap, Table for 12, Kate plus or minus anyone. If Reality TV was such a big deal to all the kooks, maybe the National Guard would not have been wasting their time chasing a flying saucer balloon around

It’s about time the “execs” listened to what the viewers want. We don’t want “Cougars” or a CSI in Miami with a horrible cast.

If the Without a Trace had not have been moved around, maybe viewership would have remained steady.

The wrong “guys” always make it to the top and make our decisions as well.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

7. Karen says

I can not believe this show cancelled. There was a very talented group of actors that worked very well together and made you feel you were watching the “real thing”. I along with many of my coworkers would like to have this show come back.
    Thank you.

8. MARCIA says

STILL ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED IN THE CANCELLATION OF THIS FIRST RATE SERIES. THE WRITING, DIRECTING AND THE CAST WERE EXCELLENT AND ANTHONY LAPAGLIA, TOTALLY SUPERB….JACK, POPPY, DANNY, MARTIN…THESE WERE THE CORE. IS THERE ANY WAY THE FANS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE? HOPEFULLY, THERE WILL BE A NETWORK WITH THE GOOD SENSE TO PICK UP THIS FIRST-RATE SHOW.

9. Mary says

This was a class act. Very interesting lead characters. We knew it wasn’t the real thing, but the cast was so great they could tell any story and it would be injoyable. CBS made a bad decision here. There are too many CSI shows, this one was at least different. Can’t believe it wasn’t continued. Who decides these things?