Wizards of Waverly Place: The Ending is Finally Here

Wizards of Waverly Place last episodeAfter four years, the moment of truth is finally here for Alex (Selena Gomez), Justin (David Henrie), and Max Russo (Jake T. Austin). On tonight’s series finale of Wizards of Waverly Place, they’ll be competing to find out which one of them will become the family wizard of their generation. The other siblings will lose their powers forever and become mortal, like their mother.

Who will win? It’s hard to say and even the cast was kept in the dark until the very end. Series creator Todd Greenwald tells TV Guide that the final four pages were withheld from the actors until just an hour before they were set to film the ending.

Greenwald wanted to do it this way so that, “when they were on stage, it was like watching it all unfold for the first time… It was definitely satisfying and the actors, who were playfully jockeying to see who would win the competition, didn’t see [this ending] coming. I think the audience will be happy with how it turns out.”

Regarding who actually wins, Austin would only say, “I think certain fans will be left hanging, certain fans will obviously be upset, certain fans will love the ending. It really is going to depend on which character the fan likes the most.”

In addition to the big competition, the last episode will also feature the return of Juliet the vampire (Bridgit Mendler) and Mason the werewolf (Gregg Sulkin).

Here’s the series finale preview:

What do you think? If you haven’t seen it, who do you think will win the competition? If you’ve already seen the show, were you satisfied with the ending? Would you have done anything differently? Will you miss the show?

Canceled and renewed TV show

20 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lolipopgirl says

So sad it is over i wish that there was another series or sequal. I would like Justin to win because in the movie Alex wins so i think it is either Justin or Max.

2. Bethany says

I never really watched the show, but this does seem to be a major passing in tv history. My kids loved it. I will soon find out how it all ends. My condolenses to any of you who were die hard fans.

3. says

dear web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that this page 2 / i just do,nt know if i can watch the last episode any more it,s just over now , the only way that wowp tv studio will come back again is by puting the rest of episodes on the drect to video and dvd,s and the original sequel motion picture on it to the drect to video and the dvd,s and the extra episode if they have time , i just do,nt know how they can do it just do it,, and just blame the original cast and selena marie gomez by leaving this year please ,, im beging here , love david b conway

4. Anonymous says

Omggggggggggg I’m so sad it’s over. This show honestly has become one of my favorite shows for the past 4 yrs and I’m 17.. Lol. I was satisfied with the ending although I felt bad for Max. But I think Justin being a professor is a great way to put his talents and smarts to use! It was a really good thing for him and Alex is just.. An interesting character when it comes to magic! Lol

• says

DEAR TV SERIES FINALE WEB SITE ,HI MY NAME IS DAVID CONWAY AND MY COMMENTS TO HERE IS THAT IM SO SORRY JUST FOR MY PAST POST COMMENTS HERE ,AND MY QUESTION IS ABOUT THE ACTRESS SELENA GOMEZ , I JUST WHAT TO BLAME HER JUST ABOUT THIS LAST EPISODE THE SERIES FINALE SHE KNOW,N THAT SHE WHAT,S TO LEAVE HER OLD TV SHOW BEHIND AND SHE DOESN,T WHAT TO DO THE SECOND SEQUEL MOTION PICTURE JUST FROM HER TV SERIES , AND MY SECOND COMMENT AND THE QUESTION IS THAT IT WAS NOT THE FAULT OF WOWP TV STUDIO WHAT,S TO CANCELL THE TV SHOW AT ALL ,, THAT WAS DONE BY THE ORIGINAL CAST AND SELENA GOMEZ , AND BY WALT DISNEY PRODUCTION COMPANY THEY ARE THE ONES TO BE THE BLAME HERE , AND THIS NOT ABOUT TO BE HONSET ,IT,S THE TRUTH , D I / LOVE DAVID CONWAY

5. says

I love Wizards of Waverly place please don’t stop making them now..it won’t be fair to us fans. I am 14 years old and i really love the show that is the only reason i watch disney channel. Well please think about it my sisters will be heart broken to hear that you quit making the shows. I mean first Hannah Montana then Sonny with a chance and now Wizards of Waverly place.If your are not going to make anymore please let the show still stay on Disney.I am not the only one asking i am asking for all of your fans.Just remember it won’t be fair to us if you quit the show. By the way i hope all of you win i didn’t get to see the episode but i hope alex (selina gomez) and Justin (David) and also Max win there chances to be a full wizard.I was your #1 fan:)

6. branden says

Please tell me there gonna make a new season or a sequel. WOWP was disney’s best show. I’m so sad the show had to end :'(

7. ash says

I have been a fan of the show since it started n yes i love the ending!!!!!! i wish there were going to be more shows.but i know the cast have to move on to bigger things.i just wish there were going to be more shows.im going to miss watching this show.. :(

8. Craig says

In the movie a couple years ago, Alex won. So this time I am thinking Max or Justin. I think I will have to go with Justin.

9. Cory says

It’s very bittersweet that Wizards is over. I really enjoyed watching the show and will miss it. I will say the opening credits this last season did kind of give it away to me, with Selena being the only sibling with a magic wand. She was my pick all along! Go Alex!!

10. Anonymous says

please make more shows i am gunna miss it . lets make more to see how there lives went as justin head master and alex with her powers should be good