Wonder Woman: First Look at Adrianne Palicki in Costume

new Wonder WomanWarner Bros. and DC Comics have released the first photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman. The pilot for a new Wonder Woman TV series is being made for NBC and is being executive produced by David E. Kelley.

Palicki stars as the title character with Tracie Thomas playing alter-ego Diana’s assistant, Etta. Elizabeth Hurley will guest as villain Veronica Cale. Others in the cast include Cary Elwes and Pablo Pascal.

The pilot is currently being shot in Los Angeles and production will continue at least through the end of the month. Once the network sees the pilot, execs will decide whether to move ahead with it as a series. Unless it’s a disaster, it’s hard to imagine that the ratings-challenged network would pass on a project that’s getting so much early interest.

new Wonder Woman

What do you think? Do you like the new costume? Are you disappointed that it’s not the traditional outfit? Could that one work today?

alex March 22, 2011 at 1:41 am

I have to say that if david kelley is doing this especially out of his comfort zone this is a definite risk. I don’t mind the actress although I haven’t seen her work but the costume has got to go. the pants are a no go and the boots should be traditional red. we want to see the stars and stripes. the original costume will boost ratings among men for sure with sex appeal and bring in more female fans with the feminist ass kicking involved. the material is already tried and proven to work. stick to the material. we are fans for a reason.

Rob March 21, 2011 at 9:56 pm

All I can say is NO WAY! Ha-Ha if you call Lynda’s WONDER WOMAN costume cheesy or outdated you got it all wrong.The new supposed costume is so ugly its pure cheese! Maybe its the round jaw or the unattractiveness of the lady.Maybe its the horrible blue hooker looking spandex pants & blue boots. It’s so terrible looking you can’t do anything but laugh! Lynda’s outfit was perfect yesterday & today! It showed a true superhero can be both a strong woman & beautiful at the same time. It was without a doubt flawless & sheer perfection.Nothing fake about it.Sure you can try to update Lynda’s costume but why?Maybe cause they can’t find the right actress with the right body &look or beauty of Lynda Carter. Even when she wore the cape it was magnificent! I watched the show religiously and loved it from start to finish! Lynda capture the true essence of WW & you really believed she was her. She was the total package & the greatest casting of all time!!! Sure some episode were campy at first but in the later years it was more serious and interesting. If I were to see this current WW on the street I’d surrender from either fear of the costume and ask her where did she get the silly dollar halloween getup. Or laugh so hard she’d cry herself back to Paradise Island.lol!! The only good of this new WW is to show a new generation where she is today. Sad that its all about the violence & not about what made WW an icon. I’m so grateful I have the original series on dvd & can enjoy a fun show! I just hope its a really bad joke or a bad photo of the new WW. Because first of all she is not pretty,isnt smiling.She looks completely fake! Not one ounce of what I was hoping for! Please get another WW! Someone who truly looks the part! Do the lady justice. Please NBC don’t let us down like you did with the horrible BIONIC WOMAN remake!

Carlos March 21, 2011 at 8:10 pm

That costume is a HOT MESS!! What an insult to the original…….It will be cancelled.. Watch and see!!

Brian March 21, 2011 at 9:35 am

The original outfit was much more attractive, as well as more sensible for a warrior woman. How is she supposed to do martial arts kicks in tight pants?

I hope the writing is better than in the original series. Lynda was great, but the stories were too silly; the series would have been much better as a serious action/adventure series more along the lines of one of the graphic novels.

Antonio March 21, 2011 at 7:52 am

It is a different look but if you look trough various comic books of the past wonder woman has had several. I think the pants are cool and who says that she may not rock the shorts from time to time. I do prefer the red boots over the red. Let’s give Adrienne a chance.

Carlos March 21, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Antonio, the past costumes wasnt that different, just slight changes. That new costume looks like you can by it in a sex shop.

Robert March 21, 2011 at 6:29 am

ITS DIFFICULT NOT TO COMPARE , BUT LETS GIVE IT A CHANCE. I DONT LIKE THE PANTS, THOUGH, THEY SAG JUST ABOVE THE BOOTS. THE REST OF IT IS PRETTY COOL. I’LL BE WATCHING, EITHER WAY.

Anonymous March 21, 2011 at 12:43 am

Yes, this remake is a total BS.

Isaura March 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I like the new comic book outfit better, the darker pants would have looked better on TV also. Is it me or does the whole image look like it’s a computer 3D render? Anyway, you cannot expect the new Wonder Woman to wear the outdated costume, but come on, even the new Superman costume doesn’t have bright color form primary colors.

Bruce March 20, 2011 at 9:17 am

I don’t care what you all say…thats my new wallpaper!!!!

Will March 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Costume is horrible. Advid fans want the original costume. Change the shorts a little but leave it the same. Have some respect for Lynda Carter. A beautiful woman who wore the costume well. She will always be our Wonder Woman

Kat March 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Where’s her winning smile? A picture of TV’s Wonder Woman seems out of place without it. And I’m not likin’ the pants or the material… I think I’d like it better if it were short-shorts, heh.

Chaz March 19, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Wonder Woman with fake breasts, that’s just not right!

Samara March 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Sorry to say – that is not Wonder Woman! The outfit is wrong, so very wrong! And the girl is also very wrong! It’s not Adriane’s fault, she just isn’t right for the part! But, I think the whole remake is a bad idea – Linda Carter is, and always will be, the ONLY Wonder Woman! To all so-called creators – PLEASE come out with original ideas and stop trying to remake icons and legends into trendy new here today, gone tomorrow shows! Classics are classic because they are perfect the way they are!

J.marie March 19, 2011 at 11:45 am

just wrong

Don March 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

it makes her fake boobs too obvious; i wish they would have chosen someone with real ones instead.

adam March 21, 2011 at 11:50 am