Young & Hungry: Season One Ratings

Young & Hungry TV show on ABC Family ratingsABC Family has found great ratings success with sitcoms like Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. Will Young & Hungry be a hit as well? Will it be renewed for a second season or, will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

Young & Hungry revolves around a food blogger (Emily Osment) who goes to work for a wealthy tech entrepreneur (Jonathan Sadowski) as his personal chef. The rest of the cast includes Rex Lee, Aimee Carrero, Mallory Jansen, and Kym Whitley.

Below are the show’s TV ratings, typically the best way to tell if the series will be cancelled or renewed. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress:

Update: Now that the season’s over, should Young & Hungry be renewed for a second season?

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 900,000 total viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you like the Young & Hungry TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Eli July 27, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Young and hungry is so good, I’m obsessed!!!!

Alex G July 26, 2014 at 1:47 am

LOVE YOUNG & HUNGRY! i was hooked right away and it actually makes me laugh out loud and its so witty and cute and the cast is amazing! i never seen soo much good chemistry in a show! i really hope for a season 2!!!! there just has to be!

erin July 25, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Abc family better cancel Young And Hungry Babby Daddy And Mystery Girls I don’t like these shows at all but if people love to watch these shows then have them on the abc family site so they can watch them on online then tv the comedy shows I only watch BMW And Girl Meets World thoses shows are the best shows you guys better watch them too because if the raitings fall on thoses shows then the cast and the crew will get upset too are you a fan of BMW And GMW

briana July 21, 2014 at 12:44 am

Young & hungry is so funny…I love it!! Please keep the show going

melissa July 19, 2014 at 1:55 pm

i love young and hungry it is funny the cast are funy especialy Emily Osment . hopefully there will be a SEASON 2

Ted July 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I like this show. Emily Osment is very funny. I hope this show continues.

Anonymous July 14, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Love it! So funny

erin July 12, 2014 at 10:24 am

I am not a fan the of this Young And Hunngry show I don’t really care about this show but I will only watch it on the dvr because this show is too funny

Kaila July 10, 2014 at 12:38 am

I think its a hilarious show and should be renewed cc ause im already, hooked

oumay June 30, 2014 at 12:39 pm

young&hungry is amazing . love love it, i’ll watch all the episodes

asssia June 30, 2014 at 12:30 pm

young and hungry is a good show tho . funny . emily is amazing . should be renewed of course

lamiss June 30, 2014 at 12:26 pm

dont cancel it . young and hungry is hilarious , amazing it should be renewed foe season 2 of course . im hooked up already

Mikala June 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Like i said, we’ll stick with it while it’s on to support “Lily” but sadly it’s destined for failure

lamiss June 30, 2014 at 12:28 pm

but the show is good tho

susan June 27, 2014 at 12:20 am

I definitely think this show should have a second season.. Just after one episode I am hooked. Please don’t cancel this show……. Give it a chance. Some shows may not be as popular the first few episodes but people just need some time to connect to the characters and some people don’t even know about the shows till they see other people posting about them so just give it a chance…..

G Turnbull June 26, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I gave it a shot just because of Emily. Was a big fan during the Hannah Montana years.
But this was such a predictable, stupid show that I’m sure it’ll fail. I hope she recovers and gets another gig soon though.

If you haven’t seen it, it’s a typical sitcom kinda like the Fran Drescher style of show, minus the kids. Emily is a broke chef that goes to work for an immature (perpetual 10 yr old) guy and falls for him. The guy’s other hired help, a (token) black maid and a (token) over the top gay assistant round out the crew. The maid helps Emily, the assistant wants her gone. Meanwhile Emily just tries to keep her job as house chef and not fall in love with the engaged boss. There’s also a roomie that supplies some support to Emily, but it is very forced and doesn’t fit well.

The problem with the show is that the characters don’t mesh well. The lines seem disjointed and the jokes are all predictable. The assistant is annoying to the point that you wish he’d be run over by a train, and the maid has clipped lines that don’t flow, she just has remarks about everything then it’s like she falls off the script.

Like I said, we’ll stick with it while it’s on to support “Lilly”, but sadly it’s destined for failure.