Zero Hour: New ABC Series; Cancel or Keep It?

Zero Hour cancel or keep?Last week, ABC unveiled Zero Hour, their newest Thursday night TV show. Will this one be quickly cancelled like Last Resort or will it become a long-running hit like Grey’s Anatomy? Cancel or keep it?

On Zero Hour, the publisher of a myth/conspiracy magazine searches for his missing wife and becomes pulled into a compelling mystery that has world-wide implications and goes back centuries. The series features the talents of Anthony Edwards, Addison Timlin, Carmen Ejogo, Dylan Baker, Jacinda Barrett, Michael Nyqvist, and Scott Michael Foster.

The debut of Zero Hour drew a 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.38 million total viewers. It was in a distant third place in its timeslot and was the worst regular season premiere that ABC has ever had. Ouch.

Of course, trouble in this timeslot is nothing new for ABC.

In 2010, they tried My Generation. This ensemble drama debuted to just a 1.6 demo rating and was pulled off the air in two weeks.

In 2011, the new Charlie’s Angels debuted in the same timeslot to a 2.1 demo rating. It was cancelled within weeks and production was shut down. ABC aired seven of eight produced episodes.

This past September, Last Resort premiered to a 2.2 in the demo and the numbers quickly tumbled in the ensuing weeks. The show was cancelled but the cast and crew were able to wrap things up by episode 13.

So, unless the ratings for Zero Hour quickly climb, it seems this show is doomed to be quickly canned as well. A second season seems out of the question but hopefully the alphabet network will at least release all 13 installments.

But, what do you think? Do you like Zero Hour? Should ABC stick with it or pull it off the air already? Cancel or keep it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

171 Comments on "Zero Hour: New ABC Series; Cancel or Keep It?"

Notify of

JD
JD
March 4, 2013 9:45 pm

Everytime I get into a show it gets cancelled. Zero Hour is no different. I stopped watching ABC do to their canceling of All My Children. Zero Hour brought me back. I guess they want to be the worst station out there.

john
john
March 4, 2013 9:38 pm

I’m 60 and really like the show,keep it and dump the reality crap!someone needs to cater to us older folks,and ask what we like to watch.

joyce woldanski
joyce woldanski
March 4, 2013 9:06 pm

This is a great show don’t blame it for a bad time slot. Move it don’t lose it. Not everyone watches reality tv some of us like a show with substance.

Mike Mullins
March 4, 2013 8:58 pm
Like most people these days I am sure I recorded it and just watched all 3 episodes this past weekend and Like it and was looking forward to the following episodes. Instead I believe I will quite wasting hour in my life I can never get back watching ABC/CBS and NBC only to find my are interests are of know concern to those over paid know it alls that make these decisions to conceal shows. I am making a personnel choice to not invest my time to watch these big ******** anymore. What percentages of us are ever asked what… Read more »
leo
leo
March 4, 2013 8:06 pm

keep it. I watch that.

rod
rod
March 4, 2013 8:06 pm

abc should get away from the reality shows….the bachelor…..who the f wants to watch that shiot….

rod
rod
March 4, 2013 8:03 pm

I can’t frickin believe abc …. this show is a very good topic and very real. one of best shows to have on and they want to cancel it…where did they get there numbers from? just getting in the good parts and dialogue. wtf

Bruce
Bruce
March 4, 2013 7:37 pm

I love this show too! finally get something decent to watch and it gets pulled! That is the way it always goes i guess. All the “goober” shows get to stay on for years and years. If it dont work in that time slot MOVE IT! Dufus

Vickie Briscoe
Vickie Briscoe
March 4, 2013 6:32 pm

Please,please do not cancel Zerohour!!! Give it a chance! 3 episodes is not enough.I missed the first episode probably because of lack of advertising or not letting people know what the show was about. Everyone was was raving about it comparing it to Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code and National Treasure. I watched the first episode on my computer and was hooked! Don’t make a mistake and cancel this show when it has the potential to be a ratings grabber if given the time!

Barbara Garrison
Barbara Garrison
March 4, 2013 6:21 pm

I really enjoyed the 3 episodes that aired. Hope ABC finds a way to keep Zero Hour. ABC messed up daytime TV……..so I hope they get their act together and find a way to keep Zero Hour.

Shana
Shana
March 4, 2013 5:38 pm

Love the show. It’s on too early, move it back and give it a chance.

Greg
Greg
March 4, 2013 5:06 pm

I loved the show and cannot believe that ABC wouldn’t move it to another time slot and weekday. There are alot of other shows they can cancel instead or in place of Zero Hour. Not only is the acting superb, but is far better than most other shows on cable. I wonder if the people judging new series really have their thumb on the pulse of TV watchers. Makes me think I should cancel watching any ABC shows……

tiger
March 4, 2013 4:57 pm

keep the show, i am so tired of reality TV, a show with some content that could help those seeking spiritual truths, if not at least show the rest of the story in a book or something so went at least find out the ending that the writers created what an awesome group of minds..

thanks for your time,

Beth Brocker
Beth Brocker
March 4, 2013 4:51 pm

ABC you need to stand behind your new shows and give them a chance. I was surprised at the early time slot it seems like a 9 o’clock show might be part of the problem. I liked the show alot and it was certainly well acted and well written with Anthony Edwards and others doing a great job. Give it a chance! Any way what a shame to get an audience interested and than end it so soon disappointed with ABC.

kim berry
kim berry
March 4, 2013 4:30 pm

I really like this show.It is different it has potential.Hope they don’t pull it

1 5 6 7 8 9 12