Zero Hour: Pulled; Is the ABC Show Cancelled?

zero hour canceled?It looks like ABC is pulling Zero Hour off their schedule, at least for next week. The fourth episode of the new TV series had been scheduled to air on March 7th but the listing’s been removed from ABC’s press site.

Zero Hour debuted on February 14th to a disappointing 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.38 million total viewers. Week two saw the numbers drop to a 1.1 rating and 5.39 million and last night’s installment fell to a 1.0 rating with 5.05 million.

We’re waiting to hear if ABC is pulling the series for good or just temporarily. Either way, the show won’t be getting a second season.

Hopefully the network will at least let the five million faithful viewers see the unaired episodes at some point.

UPDATE: Reruns of Shark Tank will air on March 7th and 14th and then ABC will fill the timeslot with season seven of Wife Swap. The remaining episodes of Zero Hour may run this summer. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

What do you think? Do you like Zero Hour? Were you hoping that it would stick around?

Maria July 21, 2014 at 12:30 am

It’s so wrong for you to put out a tv series and then just stop it. Makes me not want to watch Anything anymore! Just don’t put out anything you can’t finish. I really liked this show like a lot of other shows I never got to know what happens. So Disappointing.

Barbara Clemente June 2, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I love the show, it always keep me in suspense. I enjoy the history and then mix with modern life style. I was really looking forward to this season. You left me wanting more. This really suck because there was no ending just anticipation. Please look into bring it back. Work and your advertisement better for the show. It really was a good show….

Karen Coleman August 31, 2013 at 10:38 am

I have just found Zero Hour and I love it. Why didn’t I hear about it before. Thank you for On Demand.

Ray August 10, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Me and the wife loved it when we discovered it! We went back and found all of the shows that had already been shown so we could get the back story. DO NOT STOP IT! LET IT RUN FOR A SECOND SEASON! People had to understand it before they were fans! It took a couple of shows before we realized it was not like a couple of the shows that we had seen before to understand it and found it was not the same kind of plot and really had us wanting more!

Karen August 7, 2013 at 11:35 am

This is one of the best shows on TV. It made you think and held your interest for the entire time. Unlike the reality shows and the sitcoms, that are a total waste of time. Please put it back on the air, along with others in the same venue.

Birdie July 17, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I really like this series. To cancel is disappointing.. It actually has a plot and good actors and less about sex and foul language. Why would they want to continue it.. Stupid people listening to people who just don’t get it.

dawne June 29, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I am so disappointed, yet another show cancelled the only tv shows they keep these days are reality tv. I liked this program and do no harm and you cancel after a couple episodes. Missing with ashley judd is another. Why do you keep doing this? It takes more than 3 episodes for someone to get in to a show. Please give more thought into keeping good programming that actually takes a brain to watch. Wife swap keeps running and other “Programs for Dummies”. People need to see good prgramming

terri June 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm

KEEP THIS SHOW ON!!!!
I just watched saturday nights 2 hour showing and WOW it was GREAT!!!!

terry June 16, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I cannot believe again ABC would pull the plug on zero hour! This show is really good, you never know what direction it will take you , it keeps you on the edge of your seat.
I just got thru watching saturday nights 2 hour showing of zero hour and WOW, what a show, there must be a mistake that abc would cancell such a GREAT show!! ABC please rethink this decision it’s been a long time that I actually stopped to sit thru a tv show , but this one is really GOOD!!

Silver May 27, 2013 at 4:10 am

I find it odd that Zero Hour gets millions of downloads and their so called cooking reality nonsense has virtually no one downloading them. The reason good shows have been canned in recent years is to many ad breaks. People will wait the extra day where some nice person has recorded it and removed all the ad breaks for anyone to download so I can watch it when I want to.

When are the moronic producers of tv shows going to get the message that people are fed up with ad breaks every few mins.

They ought to be looking at placement ads and advertising show products like clothing and gadgets to get revenue. The old model of tv ratings from the 1950’s do not cut it in the download internet age.

One placement ad can pay for an entire season.

So many shows canned in recent years. Flash Forward, The Event, Alcatraz, Last Resort, and now Zero hour. More will follow before someone realizes people prefer to download that watch it on a certain night that the tv network wants it to be shown at.

Anthony Appling May 23, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Another big network mistake to cancel a great show that just needed a little time to pickup viewers. Who ever is in charge at ABC with the cancel vote you need to be cancelled maybe ABC will have some good shows instead of being last in the Networks even stations like TBS have better programing than ABC. All ABC has is the News and Sports and the News programing isn’t very good.

Judith May 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I thought Zero Hour was the best new show this season, along with Red Widow & The Following. I watched all 3 religiously, until some genius decided to cancel Zero Hour. I hope you rethink this one. This is my second time, ever, writing a complaint about a show cancellation. It seems that every time I fall in Love with a show, some genius in corporate, decides to eliminate the best stuff on T.V. Maybe its time to tell the truth about TV. They don’t cancel T.V. shows because of ratings, they cancel them because the sponsors products are not selling well. I learned that studying Mass Media in college. The sponsors have all the power. Please re-consider this show. There is too much reality T.V., that I never watch and stupid, juvenile sitcoms. Please give your audience with a brain, this extremely well written show a chance. Thanking you in advance for your courteous and expeditious response to my request. Thanks Again! Judith

Bob April 30, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I guess Zero Hour was too smart for average viewer. They can only handle a small amount of information at once. That’s why shows like Zero Hour are cancelled, but mind numbing shows for the stupid like Modern Family live on. Give me a break!

barb April 30, 2013 at 7:38 pm

i agree, i haven’t seen modern family but the promos were enough to know it was not worth it. this show was entertaining. they should atleast show the other 13 episodes they already made.