Zero Hour: Pulled; Is the ABC Show Cancelled?

zero hour canceled?It looks like ABC is pulling Zero Hour off their schedule, at least for next week. The fourth episode of the new TV series had been scheduled to air on March 7th but the listing’s been removed from ABC’s press site.

Zero Hour debuted on February 14th to a disappointing 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.38 million total viewers. Week two saw the numbers drop to a 1.1 rating and 5.39 million and last night’s installment fell to a 1.0 rating with 5.05 million.

We’re waiting to hear if ABC is pulling the series for good or just temporarily. Either way, the show won’t be getting a second season.

Hopefully the network will at least let the five million faithful viewers see the unaired episodes at some point.

UPDATE: Reruns of Shark Tank will air on March 7th and 14th and then ABC will fill the timeslot with season seven of Wife Swap. The remaining episodes of Zero Hour may run this summer. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

What do you think? Do you like Zero Hour? Were you hoping that it would stick around?

June March 13, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I can’t believe ABC pulled the tv show I was soooo into after only 3 episodes!!! It reminded me of “National Treasure ” with all the clues and exciting twists and turns. It was a learning experience I was hooked on ! Re-runs of Shark Tank are rediculous!!! I can’t stand Kevin’s nastiness to everyone! I’m tired of how badly people treat others in this society! PLEASE BRING ZERO HOUR BACK! It is so exciting and I am hooked on it and think it might be at the wrong time to put it on against some of the Thursday 8pm shows. I dumped Vampire Diaries for it (It was getting too violent and no longer a love story with too many main characters dying.) and I’m sooooo bummed! Somebody please bring it back!!! It didn’t get a fair chance!

Cyndi March 13, 2013 at 8:12 am

Bring it back!!!! It’s such a riveting show and extremely well done!!

Donna March 12, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I love this show. I can’t believe all these reality shows stay on, but something with some actual sustance may be cancelled.

Megan March 12, 2013 at 1:23 am

This really ticks me off! 3 episodes and then GONE…It wasn’t very well advertised but I did watch all three shows. It was great. SHARK TANK???? For God’s sake. What about those of us that want to THINK?

sissy slaughter March 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I can’t believe you would cancel this show!!! Finally a show that makes you think instead of all the dribble you have on tv now. You need to bring this show back! not fair to the people who can’t wait until thursday’s to watch this. A smart show being killed by Idiots!

jim white March 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I was just getting all my family watching the three weeks it ran they loved it and all was waiting thursday night for the fourth eposide. It was running against american idol which was a mistake please take a chance and put it back on or put the rtemaining eposides on demand Thank You Mr White

Vicki March 11, 2013 at 5:35 am

You need to bring it back! Loved the show and the story line, my kids, ages 9 & 11, loved it and looked forward to it every Thursday….now i have to tell them that something that they actually enjoyed, liked and looked forward to watching on ABC is now canceled, no longer!!!!????!! And you think shark tank and wife swap is better or going to make up for zero hour?????? Not even!!!! It was a great show! And you guys don’t have many series, shows that we would watch, but zero hour was one we would tune into on your station and actually look forward to. Heck my son would be in school saying oh, it’s Thursday, YES zero hour is on tonite!!!! Please bring it back…..and if we cannot convince you to, because only 5 to 6 million people tuned in(which my opinion is pretty great) then at least make the rest of the episodes available to us (whom you consider as nobody, or not enough to meet your “ratings”)SO BRING IT BACK, OR MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR US TO WATCH!!!! ABC does this to often with shows. 3 shows wasn’t even enough to give it a chance. BRINGIT BACK OR LET ANOTHER STATION TAKE IT ON. YOUR REALITY SHOWS LIKE THE BACHELOR SUCK! I lived the suspense of zero hour, it was pure entrainment, whether some was based on history or not.. Very disappointed!!!! Mom & kids, that now have to find something to watch on CBS, NBC or FOX. Hope you actually read these and take in consideration to bring back or at least let us people who liked it watch the rest of the series somehow.

Carlotta March 10, 2013 at 9:18 pm

We just got really drawn in and you cancel this show? Not everything can be summed up in a couple of shows. Please bring it back.

Carolyn March 10, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I really enjoyed the show and I think 2 nights of shark tank are too much. One night is too much. I think wife swap is ridiculous but I know everybody does not like the same thing. Why are the TV shows that are left on the ridiculous reality shows? You are gearing your programs to the much younger generation and I guess you think us older folks don’t watch TV. I would at least like to see the remaining episodes of this show. I looked forward to this because you actually had to watch it and think not see some ridiculous make out session between two people that barely knew each other or 2 wives leave their family and go the others family. If you stop and think about that who would want to do that anyway? Not entertaining at all.

Jackie March 9, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Big mistake ABC. Your programming is boring. This show brought some entertainment to your channel and you didn’t give it a chance.

candice,steve,richard,chris,etc March 9, 2013 at 11:05 pm

After watching and enjoying all three episodes shown, we were terribly disappointed to find out zero hour had been canceled. Bring it back. Not all of us are 18-49 , but we have money and are some the advertisers want to reach.

Rhonda Nelson March 9, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Bring it back

Mark March 8, 2013 at 11:47 pm

I like Zero Hour. Bring it back!

Joe Gudac March 8, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Enjoyed the story line. Would like to see how it played out.

Anonymous March 8, 2013 at 11:01 pm

I finally sat down to watch all the episodes of this show today only to find out it has been cancelled… Severely disappointed. Whether the show is true to history or not, that’s not the point of TV entertainment… How “realistic” is reality TV? And yet those shows haven’t been cancelled.. No.. those get renewed for several seasons in a row… It’s time to stop running these garbage reality TV shows and actually have something that makes you think! Not everyone sits at home gushing over who’s going to kiss who or who will get dumped this week… Pitiful ABC.. Wrong choice..

Laurie March 9, 2013 at 11:53 am

I agee with you.. I watch TV to be entertained… I could care less about who’s going to marry the next available bachelor. I live ‘real life’, I don’t need to watch others so-called real life. I started watching Zero Hour from the 1st show and was hooked from the beginning. ABC didn’t even give it a chance to develop a following.. I hope it gets picked up by another station like the SYFY channel.