On this FOX TV series, investigators try to figure out the mystery of what happened to 340 prisoners and guards from Alcatraz. The bigger mystery is “Where have the viewers gone?” Without them, Alcatraz will be cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for FOX is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Alcatraz and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on FOX.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can e-mail or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Kevin Reilly, President, FOX, P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900, RE: Alcatraz
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To FOX, Bad Robot Productions, and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching Alcatraz on the FOX network. The show is intriguing and the stories and characters keep us coming back for more each week. We want to know what happened to those people and how or why they keep reappearing.
Please find a way to keep Alcatraz on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on FOX or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy FOX.