Black Box: Season One Ratings

Black Box on ABC ratingsABC gave Black Box a straight-to-series order and ordered 13 episodes without seeing a pilot first. They held it until late in the season (typically not a good sign) on Thursdays at 10pm as a replacement for their hit show, Scandal. Will Black Box live up to expectations? Will it be a ratings success and earn a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

8/7 update: ABC has cancelled Black Box after one season.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.41 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Black Box TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Jewell September 28, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Why is this circulating? Your viewers want this show back. Enough already. You are bringing it back in January 2015. Admit it !!!!

MaryAnn Dean September 30, 2014 at 11:15 am

Is this show really coming back in January 2015? I really hope so it was such a good show. If not I will stop watching abc and go to TNT.

admin September 30, 2014 at 11:52 am

No, it’s been cancelled.

Jutta September 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I loved the first season an I’m really disappointed that it has been canceled!

Jeanne September 28, 2014 at 5:19 am

The show was amazing and so interesting I don’t get people saying it was awful and abc always does this shit just like with the soaps. Air it just long enough to get ppl interested and pull it the ones they do keep usually suck. So many new ones coming out as well that I think they are wasting their time with . People liked black box it was a very relatable subject for many come on some other network pick up this show please!!!!

Johnny October 1, 2014 at 10:11 am

It’s a shame. Kelly Reilly is a superb actress and this show had potential. It was probably a couple of slow first episodes and a late night slot that gave viewers an incentive to switch off and go to bed early…and not watch the next episode.

I watched the series in one week without paying. When companies like ABC decide to pull the plug without even putting in some effort to mop up the ending it doesn’t really give me much incentive to contribute in the future.

Yes, the show was a slow burner and no there were no fights or t*ts but it was addictive. Maybe Netflix could pick it up as it is probably better distributed in their whole season airing model. …Black Box is much more colourful than “Orange is the blurgh…”

Anonymous September 23, 2014 at 5:34 pm

me too, Bev!

Bev September 22, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I n my opinion , it was the time , the program aired.. Really a shame it was canceled
I had just started to watch the last 6 shows(due to time it aired) I loved that program ,
It was one of the few being aired that I could enjoy and felt that it as actually telling a story,
That was not about who killed John or the body was found where ?or some thing that was not a silly Tic Tat Toe It seems like who ever rates these programs kill off the good shows
Do wish they would reconsider and bring it back perhaps in a better time slot