Black Box: Season One Ratings

Black Box on ABC ratingsABC gave Black Box a straight-to-series order and ordered 13 episodes without seeing a pilot first. They held it until late in the season (typically not a good sign) on Thursdays at 10pm as a replacement for their hit show, Scandal. Will Black Box live up to expectations? Will it be a ratings success and earn a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Black Box revolves around a beautiful and brilliant neuroscientist (Kelly Reilly) who’s hiding the fact that she’s bipolar. The rest of the cast includes Ditch Davey, David Ajala, Terry Kinney, Ali Wong, David Chisum, Laura Fraser, Siobhan Williams, and Vanessa Redgrave.

8/7 update: ABC has cancelled Black Box after one season.

Final season averages: 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.41 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Black Box TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

B April 24, 2015 at 8:38 am

Really! They are quick to put unnecessary reality shows on TV and cancel the good shows. This was one of the best show on ABC. Give it another chance it was only the first season! That was the worst mistake and I’m pissed.

Anonymous April 23, 2015 at 7:15 pm

It definitely should come back..I’ve been waiting for ever!!!

bren fost April 21, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Black Box shows even people who have problems can also contribute something special to life. I have some type of dyslexia which made it hard to study in school and job. I contributed by seeing outside the box. The company I worked for I was able to be a regular worker but invented many helpful things that contributed alot. You need to bring this show back to help others know it’s possible to be worthwhile.

Anonymous April 20, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Dee. I absolutely agree !!!!

Dee April 19, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Are you serious? I’m waiting and waiting for the second season and decided to look up why it has not returned yet. I think Black Box was a hit! Fabulous acting and a storyline that supersedes many, many shows. What’s sad is that no matter how hard we complain and want it back, it’s the executives that decide not us-the viewers. Bring it back on and watch the ratings fly high.

Jill April 21, 2015 at 11:47 am

I want Black Box back for a second season. It seems like all the mindless shows keep going, but the shows with depth and good content do not stay. Unfortunately it’s all about ratings and competition. Very frustrating.

Jenna April 18, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Black Box was my favorite TV show I am shocked it was canceled. I am really sad it is not coming back. I hate it when good shows don’t catch on because not enough people appreciate them :'(

Jessica Blackburn April 18, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Myself and my husband think that ABC has made one of the worst mistakes by cancelling “The Black Box” it was one show that my whole family including my 7,6, and my 5 year old would make a point to watch together. They leave shows like the goldburgs come on now at least The Black Box shows that even with a medical condition you can have a good job. In my opinion now really ain’t much to even tune in on ABC other then The Bachelor and Bacheloret. Sincerely ABC Jessica

April April 8, 2015 at 10:11 pm

I am so disappointed. What a great show and different from all the law and police shows etc. Please bring this back!!!

Heather March 16, 2015 at 7:48 pm

HAY! this was a fantastic show.. maybe you should have aired it during fall / winter? The videography, the story line, the accuracy in diagnosis was fantastic and realistic. Please bring it back.. *cry*

Melissa February 27, 2015 at 9:56 am

I LOVE black box. Watched it on my dvr with my husband. I think you should give it another chance!