Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Calipes May 2, 2015 at 12:25 am

As soon as I finished watching the first season, I immediately checked to see when the next season would be showing. I was soooo disappointed when they had cancelled. It was just starting to get good towards the end of the season. I hope they reconsider. If they do, I know I would be sooo excited to tell everyone I know to watch it!

Marie April 30, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Very disappointing news :( Loved this show and was looking forward to the next season. Extremely well acted and produced. Please reconsider!

Anonymous April 21, 2015 at 12:07 am

It was so good!! Why no season two, why!!?

Shim April 14, 2015 at 8:44 am

Who is going to write to Starz ?

Shim April 14, 2015 at 8:40 am

Bring it back, you can get the viewers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone that I know that has watched it has loved it! Starz needs to make series that it can at least make through a couple of seasons, The White Queen is another example.

Ranchoux Chris April 8, 2015 at 11:41 am

How sad. The cast was talented and the intrigue well plotted in an atmosphere historically close to what might have been England in the dark ages. I was really looking forward to the next season and feel disappointed. I sincerely hope the network would reconsider that decision.

kmj April 8, 2015 at 1:05 am

Camelot was great. Just finished and Google how many seasons there was to find out there are no more. I’m very sad about it. Camelot was a show I had seen a lot on Hulu but never choose to watch because I had never heard or seen trailers about it. But once I started it I knew it would be good. I wish they would make another season.

Oudrey April 5, 2015 at 11:37 pm

i wanted to see more i started to yacht it and then you tell me there is no season 2 i loved the 1 one grrrrr im so mad

Leena March 14, 2015 at 6:26 am

I am so sad for hearing that .the first season was great ,plz don’t cancel the second season
Cause we love it ❤️ And start with it

Martin March 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Why do they keep doing things like this? Just as you get into the series they pull the plug. And anybody that went out and bought the DVD box set should get their money refunded. They did Exactley the same with the new v series after 2 seasons. I keep ending up with dvd sets with no ending, After about 40 episodes something like fringe went on and on getting more boring with each episode.

chris March 3, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I loved the first season. What a waste to stop at one. STARS WTF!

max March 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm

yes please do,i would have liked to like see a second season

Rose March 2, 2015 at 12:27 am

Wow, this is such a great series. Very disappointed and hope the network reconsiders. We looked forward to watchIng the series unfold, and now you’ve left us viewers hanging.
Please reconsider.

Gina March 1, 2015 at 2:12 am

i just discovered the series and think its a mistake to cancel the series. We need more series like this, its really good. I really hope they reconsider canceling.

Holly March 11, 2015 at 12:26 am

PLEASE RECONCIDER!!!
I absoutely loved season one and was looking forward to a second season only to be completely let down as I was before with the V series.
Maybe people should just quit watching anything this network puts out in the future.
I know I personally dont want to get excited about a new show only to be let down again! :(