Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Angie February 17, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Starz you finally HAD a good show going and I believe you let your viewers down! I won’t be pulled into anymore of your shows you won’t finish! Im canceling my subscription!! I hope Hulu plus finishes what you started…then failed on!

Angie February 17, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Salma February 17, 2015 at 5:27 am

Im SOOOOO disappointed because I really like this Series of CAMELOT at all…..I really like the Actors & Actresess & this is the only series i really liked to watch…& Hoping they will bring it back soooooonnn!!!!!

Linda Howard February 12, 2015 at 1:38 am

I am so dissappointed. I loved the show and looked forward to watching it. It is the best Camelot series I have seen. Loved the actors, scenes…all of it. Would love for it to renew.

James Fidlerten February 7, 2015 at 12:49 pm

I am so disappointed. I have been watching the first season on Blockbuster and seriously, I wouldn’t have started it if I had known that I could not continue the story.

I’ve got one more episode to watch and then I suppose I will be left in suspense, wondering what might have happened in season two. Sad.

Sybil February 9, 2015 at 10:09 am

I hate Starz for this reason!

Anonymous January 25, 2015 at 1:30 am

complete bull… are you serious? one of the best series. Clearly not Game of Thrones, but this wasn’t meant to be…

laura January 24, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I am very disappointed that a second season was not done. Very much enjoyed the series, it’s like starting a book but the last few chapters were tore out & you cannot finish it.

Sybil January 30, 2015 at 11:12 am

So true they have done this with other series guess I will stop watching Starz!

Trisha January 24, 2015 at 2:11 am

I loved the ending. Merlin was amazing. Starz is doing something special these days. I am sorry they cancelled Camelot. I would watched season two.

Tmac January 9, 2015 at 6:00 pm

I am very disappointed to discover Camelot was canceled. I purchased it over Christmas and loved it! Hopefully all involved will revisit this decision, even though it has been so long since season 1 aired.

Jami January 4, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Yes i want to see second season. Its a wonderfull series

Theresa Alvarado December 24, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Yes, I am disappointed. I am watching Camelot on Xfinity on demand. I did not realize it was a older show. I can’t wait for Outlander to return, and will miss not seeing another season of Camelot. I agree there are so many silly shows on that I just don’t know how they get the ratings.

Anel December 17, 2014 at 2:32 am

I truly don’t understand why they cancelled this amazing show, great actors as well.
Yet they keep these other stupid shows that don’t make any sense. So Im watching Camelot on Hulu Plus, hope they can bring it back.