Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

526 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I most certainly would love a second series. This interpretation of the legend of Arthur was great, atmospheric & enthralling. To be left hanging like that at the end of the first season is just cruel! I know we all know the ultimate end of the story, but to be taken that far emotionally on this journey to be left hanging on the edge of a cliff without a resolution is incredibly frustrating. I say more, more, more!!!

2. SUE BRONZE says

The actor chosen for King Arthur is to weak ……. His men are better looking than he is and also have nicer hair. They should have chosen a strong good looking actor for this role as this is what ruined the series. Women want to see a hunk and men want to see a man not a whimp ………. I do not know what the producers were thinking of when they decided to pick this guy to play Arthur………… Sorry but this is the truth ……..

3. says

I was so angry to learn there was no second season. This show captured me in a way. The actors, director, well the whole cast and staff did there job so well I found myself actually upset when someone died or when the sneaky antics of trying to steal the crown were happening. Thats hard to do with me. Personally I love the collection of Lord of the rings and the hobbit. With that being said, I give “Camelot” a better score than the previously stated multimillion bringing series. If I can and could start a pettition to get my point and others to the creators and staff from Camelot….well I would. I wish it was still playing or at least didn’t finish the way it did!

• says

And another point to add IF IT COMES BACK. Joseph Fiennes was absolutely superb at his roll as Merlin. A must have actor to keep ratings in my opinion. Also taking into consideration multiple actors have been involved in other great movies like “Immortal instruments”, “twilight” and ” kingdom of heaven”. Please bring this show back

4. marva wise says

I have been waiting for the 2nd season, I guess all in vain, I decided to go on line to find when it was coming back on, to find out it is not, you should have close it up in the first season.

5. Kameron says

I just now read this and found out Starz dropped Camelot. I have a cable package that includes Showtime and Star which I just dropped……..I know have HBO and Showtime. Time to start catching up on Game of Thrones and try to forget I got duped by Starz.

6. Carly says

Please don’t cancel season two! I just finished watching season one!!! I thought it was a good show, very good. Really wish they’d make another season!

7. K says

I started watching this show when it first started and was a big fan of the show itself as well as the good selection of actors. I was very disappointed to hear it being canceled and I hope they do bring back the show. No other show based on King Arthur have put such an interesting spin on the relationship between King Arthur and Morgana and I think Starz was really heading in a good direction with the show.

8. Sessenay says

No bring it back that’s not cool for viewers to watch the season just to know the second season won’t come,. Please bring the show back

9. Loree says

So sad they cancelled this Starz Show! It was sooo good! The actors were fantastic. I want to see more!!!! Such a beautiful and fantastic story leaving us all hanging… Not fair !!!!

10. Betty says

Wow! There are so many crappy shows on tv I was impressed with starz for giving us Camelot , Outlander, Missing and the White Queen – I’ve been waiting for season 2 for Camelot. After reading that starz cancelled season 2 I am rethinking this channel. When they are finished with Outlander I will be finished with them. I also will not watch any more new shows on starz because they don’t care what the viewers want.

• christine says

I no longer care for this channel they get you hooked on one and cancel it! Like The Boss! all the shows I loved. Stinky way to treat the fans!!!!

• nasal says

The channel had canceled the series due to conflicting schedules with the actors as in the actors weren’t all available during the same time to be able to film the show. Unfortunately it sucks since it was good but it’s been four years now since season 1 so I doubt, although possible, I highly doubt it will come back.

11. Nickanor says

This is not fair, this is one of the best series av ever watched. Please reconsider and deliver us sn 2

12. Kim says

This is ridiculous! I’m so tired of watching then waiting for the second season, then finding out there isn’t going to be one! Truly frustrated, angry and disappointed!