Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Pat August 31, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Just seeing this for the first time. What a shame it was cancelled! I was really looking forward to more!!

Angie August 30, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Need more seasons!!!

Lisa August 29, 2014 at 8:12 pm

OMG, just finished watching the first season, and I am crushed there isn’t a second season! I almost wish I had never bought the first season, because now I feel this huge letdown knowing there will never be any closure! BOOO on Starz for canceling it!

Anonymous August 27, 2014 at 9:59 am

They really do need to make another season…..starz look how many people wants it back please bring it

Anonymous August 27, 2014 at 9:53 am

I wish they do a second season .camalot was awesome series better than spartcaus please bring camalot back

Anonymous August 26, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Bring Camelot back we need a second season

aki013 August 24, 2014 at 10:40 am

Start season 2 please! The serie is amazing ,the best serie in the world…

A BIG FAN August 23, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I am sorry to hear Camelot wont air. I’ve re-watched season one to refresh my memory with anticipation of season 2 starting. I hope Starz will reconsider this. It is by far one of the most interesting, sit on the edge of your seat TV series. I think all the actors for each character are great. I have always enjoyed watching movies about King Arthur. Camelot is definitely one of my favorite series. Please bring it back.
My vote is for you to RE-NEW, RE-NEW, RE-NEW!

A BIG FAN

Anonymous August 16, 2014 at 8:04 am

This is one of the best series I’ve personally ever seen. It puts a whole new twist on king arthor and merlin is flat out awsome.

Peter m Lantzy August 9, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I wish Camelot will continue any time with season two it was my first time watching it and I think Camelot is very good show it blow me away as writing and the story is a great and the plot of King Arthur started his journey through time and my name is Peter m Lantzy

Matty boy August 8, 2014 at 12:31 am

Wtf! They always cancel the good series and continue with the ones no one cares for. This has happened with several series i have gotten into. Didnt watch it when it started airing. Saw it after season was over along with other people i know. Should have tried one more season and watch for more ratings. People dnt always hear of a series on time. By the time everyone starts watching it they have already cancelled the next season. Seriously upset about it. Hopefully someone who has anything to do with this show will see that people have gotten into it now and decide to do another season. Atleast one more season, they ended it in the worst way. Leaving everyone hanging with no answers to anything really. Again wtf!

DS July 26, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I just found this series on starz app and loved it. I love who they picked as the characters, especially joseph fiennes as merlin and eva green as the deceptive morgan. I love time period shows and wish they would reconsider this show with the same actors.

Dee55 July 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I enjoyed it, though some of it was a little gory and they shouldn’t have
killed off Igraine. It should have continued as a series.

Aflam July 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

I wish to see more of this series but please forget Jamie Campbell… He is so bad I would not even include him as an extra…

Anonymous July 4, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I disagree. I think Jamie has done a wonderful job. Just bring the series back. I just get sick of good series starting and they go away. And the shitty ones stay.