Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Erin October 20, 2014 at 4:29 am

This is why I don’t bother with watching stars anymore they have cancelled to many shows that are my favorite, it’s not a station I can trust to spend time watching

Peter Lagoudakis October 19, 2014 at 8:42 am

All my family is devastated there won’t be a Season 2 and beyond. The series is extremely interesting and I grew to love and look forward to viewing it. To the people concerned we beg you reconsider your unbelievable decision and re-introduce the series very soon.

Brenda October 18, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I loved watching this and the ending was a jaw opener, but now not to finish it is so disappointing. Get it back for season 2 please!!!!

Rene. R. Domingo October 13, 2014 at 3:19 am

I was upset why a very good series was cancelled. I have been waiting for season 2 and for the next series to start. I check online and found out that the series was cancelled. I can not believe why such and very good series was cancelled.

maricela lopez October 11, 2014 at 11:34 pm

We want more seasons!!###

Karinna bush October 1, 2014 at 11:19 pm

This news is horrible absolutely love the series!!!!! Ugh I am saddened by this!

Dean Sciarra September 24, 2014 at 11:12 am

As an Arthur addict I found this series to be a mind-blower! Leave us all hanging, why dontcha! The approach to this well-known story was twisted in the best way imaginable. The explanations of concepts like the lady in the lake, for example, were imaginative along with the revolutionary depiction of Merlin. Add this to the loss of “The Boss” and it makes for some very unhappy viewers. But at least “Outlander” keeps me hooked on Starz. A truly great series. Let’s hope this one continues.

Morgan Poole September 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Please reconsider we are all begging for another season of camelot. It was awesome i was looking forward to the knights of the round table and morgan trying to worm her way to the throne again. I hope you reconsider your fans want a season 2.

Michael J Belfer September 13, 2014 at 1:23 pm

First you get rid of “Boss” and now Camelot. I will admit that it took a few episodes to get rolling for both of these series, but once they did they were TV at it’s best. Scheduling problems, come on, pay your actors what their worth and like magic, no more problemo ‘bro. This stinks, Camelot was really hitting its groove and you dummies……… wow… this sucks!

Toby Adams September 10, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I am sorry this series was cancelled. I was looking forward to more episodes. I hope you might rethink this decision.