Hell on Wheels: Season Four Ratings

Hell on Wheels TV show on AMC: ratingsLast year, AMC moved Hell on Wheels to Saturday nights, leading many to believe the show would be cancelled. The ratings were lower but were good enough for the show to be renewed for a fourth season. Will the numbers rise or sink this time around? Will it be renewed for a fifth season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

A gritty period drama that takes place in the 1860s, Hell on Wheels revolves around the construction of the First Transcontinental Railroad and the various people connected with the Union Pacific Railroad. The cast includes Anson Mount, Common, Colm Meaney, Phil Burke, Christopher Heyerdahl, Robin McLeavy, Kasha Kropinski, Dohn Norwood, Jennifer Ferrin, Chelah Horsdal, MacKenzie Porter, Tayden Marks, and Jake Weber.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

11/7 update: Hell on Wheels has been renewed for a fifth and final season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.09 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The third season of Hell on Wheels averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.18 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Hell on Wheels TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Kathy March 14, 2015 at 11:15 pm

I would like to see “Heel on Wheels”, say for sveal sesons. Quality shows – Family time – Like Gun Smoke when I was growing up. There are too many stupid sit coms out there and it’s no wonder other countries think American people are Stupid.
Thank heavens for shows like the Vikings, NCSI and I always watch “Young Guns” “Gun Smoke”and all of the all of the western shows with Sam Elliot.
Let “HELL ON WHEELS” STAY.
I wish the BBC would have left “MERLIN” on. Something different, entertaining and not Stupid stuff.
3-14-15 Kathy

desiree henry February 21, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Renew! Renew! Renew! This show rises above expectations everytime. The characters are believable and it doesn’t shy from the realities of pioneering and carving out theWest. I believ the show could do much to actually entertain as well as educate the public in American Western late 1800’s life and its conflicts.

jack crissinger February 21, 2015 at 2:11 pm

please do not cancell hellon wheels it is the best show on tv i really looked forward to seeing it i dont watch a lot of tv but i would not miss HELL ON WHEELS it is the best

Sheryl Stogner February 4, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Please don’t cancel my favorite show on television I look forward to watching it. The show fascinates me with the history of the railroad and the old west. Please, please, please don’t make it go away.

Anonymous February 4, 2015 at 8:14 pm

WHY DOES this have to be canceled! unbelievable!

JUDY January 19, 2015 at 2:00 pm

WhY would you cancel such an interesting well written, not to mention the exceptional acting. The hour goes by so fast. It really transports you to that time in history. I hope you can find a way to keep it going. It’s clear how much time and attention to detail goes into the series. Watching it seems real not acting ,you and all involved should be proud.. Thanks

j clark January 11, 2015 at 3:47 pm

great series one of the best shows on tv please keep going. Cn’t wait till season four

patricia white January 19, 2015 at 11:19 am

Can’t wait to see more of Hell on wheel. When will it start again?

Donna Dees January 8, 2015 at 1:48 am

Hands down our favorite show on TV..we are on our 4th round of Hell on Wheels marathons. This is the real Old West..acting is excellent, the plot is believable and love the action packed twists and turns. Last but not least..the scenery..perfection.

Kevin Weatherby January 5, 2015 at 7:22 pm

I agree that the show should continue! Love the acting! Would hope Bohannon character gets back with his wife and son and his crew is compensated for their hard work. The Swede character needs to finally meet justice too!

Donna Montgomery January 3, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Please continue…..This is to me the way the Real West was……Love this show !

dottie December 29, 2014 at 1:01 am

this show is so good the time flys by when watching cus it is so good please dont cancel

Teri December 26, 2014 at 7:34 pm

It’s one the best shows on TV and when do we ever get to see westerns, please renew and keep it!!!!!!

DeLanna Forbes December 29, 2014 at 1:33 am

Please do not cancel Hell on Wheels. It is one of the few shows that I truely enjoy anymore. There are so many darn reality shows, it drives me crazy. I love to get a break from them and watch a show as wonderful as Hell on Wheels and an actor as wonderful as Anson Mount.

DeLanna Forbes

Sharon December 10, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I have enjoyed watching this show don’t cancel it!!!!!

Elizabeth VanderLaan December 7, 2014 at 12:44 am

Please do not cancel Hell On Wheels! We look forward to watching a new episode each week. In fact the 1 hour episode goes by too fast, can you make the 2 hours long? In fact my family text me about the show. Please do not cancel Hell On Wheels!