Hell on Wheels: Season Four Ratings

Hell on Wheels TV show on AMC: ratingsLast year, AMC moved Hell on Wheels to Saturday nights, leading many to believe the show would be cancelled. The ratings were lower but were good enough for the show to be renewed for a fourth season. Will the numbers rise or sink this time around? Will it be renewed for a fifth season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned!

A gritty period drama that takes place in the 1860s, Hell on Wheels revolves around the construction of the First Transcontinental Railroad and the various people connected with the Union Pacific Railroad. The cast includes Anson Mount, Common, Colm Meaney, Phil Burke, Christopher Heyerdahl, Robin McLeavy, Kasha Kropinski, Dohn Norwood, Jennifer Ferrin, Chelah Horsdal, MacKenzie Porter, Tayden Marks, and Jake Weber.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: The third season of Hell on Wheels averaged a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.18 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Hell on Wheels TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fifth season?

Michelle September 22, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Love the show, please don’t cancel!

teresa September 21, 2014 at 1:18 am

please don’t cancel hell on wheels my huband and I look forward to watching the show each week. we like the show very much.

Mark Brown September 13, 2014 at 10:32 pm

My favorite show. In fact, it’s the only show not in syndication that I watch. PLEASE – PLEASE – PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL “HELL ON WHEELS”!

Diana September 8, 2014 at 11:39 am

My favorite show. The writing, acting and just the filming is amazing. AMC does have another hit show on their hands and its aired on Saturday night. I look forward to it.

Diane September 15, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I started watching Hell on Wheels recently….I stumbled across it when someone mentioned it on Facebook. I went back to Season 1 and watched each episode until I was caught up. . AMC, why didn’t I hear about this fantastic series before now??? ADVERTISE!! Last Saturday’s episode “Elam Ferguson” had my crying like a baby. The actors are so invested and dedicated to their characters! When Cullen broke down at the end of the last episode, he wasn’t “acting”. He reached down deep in his soul and found the pain, grief, and torture and delivered it in such a way that I too felt his tortured soul. Don’t even consider cancelling this series. Instead of wasting such talent, AMC should promote Hell on Wheels and the Producers and Writers should invest as much of themselves into this series as the actors are. Just sayin’!

smarybling September 5, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Great show….school started

Roofuss September 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Diane, and Elton : I have to agree with you both …all the good shows are short lived . I am another viewer who votes : DO NOT CANCEL HELL ON WHEELS !!

Diane September 4, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I am totally addicted to this show! Please don’t cancel.

Elton Gunn August 28, 2014 at 10:48 pm

great show! It will probably be cancelled.