666 Park Avenue: Cancelled Because of One Million Moms?

666 park avenue cancelledIt was revealed yesterday that ABC had decided not to order any additional episodes of 666 Park Avenue. The show may not be technically cancelled but all acknowledge that it won’t be back. Thankfully all 13 episodes that have been produced are expected to air.

Before the show even premiered, One Million Moms (a site started by the conservative American Family Association) urged their readers to write to ABC to “strongly encourage” the network to cancel their plans to air the program. “Let them also know you are prepared to join thousands of other voices in urging advertisers to place it on their ‘do not advertise’ list and consider pulling all ads from the ABC network in protest.”

A later post lists some of 666 Park Avenue’s sponsors and encourages readers to email them in protest directly; Johnson & Johnson, Egg Beaters (ConAgra Foods), KFC (YUM Brands), Subway, Revlon, Colgate Total (Colgate-Palmolive), and Macy’s in protest of their commercial support.

666 Park Avenue TV show supportWednesday’s post claims victory, stating that none of the sponsors of the first episodes were seen advertising on later installments. The post urges readers to email their distaste for the program to other sponsors; Petco, Clorox, Outback, Dyson, Dairy Queen, and Red Lobster (Darden Restaurants).

While it was most likely just poor ratings that sank 666 Park Avenue, do you think that the protests to the network and their sponsors influenced ABC’s decision? Share your thoughts below.

walton August 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm

My sister and I was really upset that took this show off—-we looked forward to it each week —just—-like we did The Hitchcock show—twilight zone—outer limits—-thriller—just to name a few—-the show was a great show to bad no one cares about us —-there is a lot of us out here that enjoyed it and we miss it

humberto June 1, 2014 at 1:19 am

Awesome show love it plz bring it back

dena March 17, 2014 at 2:14 pm

first ive heard of this cancellation/ what ashame! such a great show. if a million moms can do this, imagine if they protested some issue of real importance. wasted talent.

Anonymous February 16, 2014 at 7:15 pm

loved the show…..loved the characters….loved the actors!!!!

Bianca December 13, 2013 at 9:36 am

I am in love with this show,it must continue….is there a way to move the show to another channel,or to the web???? There must be a way to meet in the middle here…Out of all the channels and all the shows you choose to protest this one…Those mom SERIOUSLY need to find better use of their time smh!

Dennis Eijs October 28, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Yep crazy religious America, 1 million moms without a clue. )O+->

Alex August 11, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I would like to hear what the moms have against this show, there is so much low values and violence broadcast on the rest of the channels! ABC I want the show back, moms you better watch Mtv for five minutes and watch all that $)$&8)7 that they are giving to your children as high values, before try to damage series like this one.

Diana August 11, 2013 at 11:03 pm

The show must go on, what is going on in our Country? Is this for real? This is one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, stupid, ignorant people, get ready America, Communism is closer than you think! Put back the show ABC. It’s an awesome show! My rating a10,

msramz June 22, 2013 at 11:50 pm

THIS SHOW IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT. I’M THRILLED FOR THESE LAST SHOWS. IT REALLY BOOST A LAGGING SATURDAY NIGHT. JUST LIKE ANYTHING IN LIFE, IT YOU SON’T WANT SOMETHING OR DON’T WANT TO WATCH SOMETHING, DON’T BUY IT OR DON’T WATCH IT. WHEN DID TV SHOW SELECTION BECOME A MOM DICTATORSHIP. I’M A SINGLE MOM AND I DECIDE WHAT MY KIDS WATCHON TV AND ALSO MONITOR WHAT THEY DO ON THE INTERNET. MOM GROUP,PLEASESTOP TRYING TO SENSOR THE WORLD. YALL HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, GO GET YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME DECIDE WHT I WANT TO WATCH ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD. HAVE YOUR GROUP THOUGHT ABOUT BOYCOTTING THE SOAP OPEARA ON CBS? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SEX, VIOLENCE, HOMOSEXUALITY, DRUG USE, AND ALCOHOLISM PORTRAYED ON PUBLIC DAYATIME TV. NOT AT NIGHT NOR ON PAID SATELLITE. DAYTIME, DAYTIME, DAYTIME. 666 IS ENTERTAINMENT, NOT REAL LIFE. WHEN I TURN ON THE TV, I WANT TO ESCAPE MY DAY AND BE ENTERTAINED. I WANAT TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE END OF MY DAY WITH WHATEVER SHOW(S) I CHOOSE TO WATCH. HOW ABOUTA GETTING THESE GOD AWFUL REALITY SHOWS OFF THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT PURPOSE ARE THEY SERVING? ABSOLUTELY NONE. BE BLESSED:)

sims April 16, 2013 at 4:32 am

What the hell is wrong with you ABC? 666 is a great tv series..i love it..i dont see any credible grounds on which this tv series has been cancelled…it is such a shame..there are a lot of other tv series with violence and bag languages..i really dont see why it must be cancelled..

Jenny March 23, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Are you kidding me with these moms. Kids should be in bed. Don’t watch if you don’t like it. I f eveyone complained and wanted certain shows off they would all be cancelled.
Put the damn thing back on. If you take this one off a lot more should come off. There are a lot of shows with violence, sexual inuendoes graphic scenes, language. Come on give a break. Why don’t they complain about all the commercials with sexual references. 666 is a great show.