Terry O’Quinn’s previous TV show, Lost, lasted for six seasons on ABC. It doesn’t look like 666 Park Avenue is going to go nearly that long. If the ratings don’t improve it will surely be cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for ABC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like 666 Park Avenue and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on ABC.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Paul Lee, President, ABC Entertainment Group, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: 666 Park Avenue
- Call the network at (818) 460-7477, press “1”, then press “2”, press “666”, and leave a 30 second message. Be polite and tell them how much you like the show.
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To ABC, Alloy Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, like watching 666 Park Avenue on the ABC network. This dramatic series is unique and a great thriller that keeps us glued to our seats and coming back for more.
Please find a way to keep 666 Park Avenue on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on ABC or, if necessary, on another Disney-owned channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
[…] She followed that up with “@adrialang I’ve been thinking about you today. Your first TV heartbreak. Good news/bad news — it’ll happen again!” […]
[…] Alexis Blume (Helena Mattsson) is the seductive siren living across the way from Brian and Louise. What begins as an innocent flirtation with Brian escalates when Louise hires Alexis as her assistant. Does she have some kind of connection to Gavin? […]
[…] Compared to last fall’s premiere of Pan Am, the network was down by 32% in the demo (vs a 3.1 rating) and down by 38% in viewership (vs 11.06 million). Not a good start. Note: These ratings are collected by the Nielsen company and are the final national numbers. These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings and are reported on by most other outlets. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later. […]