Best Friends Forever: NBC Sitcom Returns (Briefly)

canceled sitcom Best Friends ForeverThe peacock network has announced that low-rated sitcom Best Friends Forever will return on Friday, June 1st at 8pm. NBC is burning off the remaining two episodes on that night.

The network had previously been airing Best Friends Forever on Wednesday nights, paired with hidden-camera series Betty White’s Off Their Rockers. The debut drew just a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.94 million total viewers. Sadly, the ratings never got any better than that. The demo in week two dropped 25% and week three fell another 11%. Week four didn’t drop or rise.

NBC pulled Forever after four weeks on the air and replaced it with additional installments of Rockers. That move ended up being a smart one for NBC. Week-to-week, the network was up by 75% in the demo and 85% in total viewers.

While NBC hasn’t officially cancelled Best Friends Forever, there’s no chance that the network will be renewing the show for a second season.

What do you think? Have you missed the show? Will you be tuning in to see the last two episodes?

Michelle October 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I am so disappointed NBC cancelled this show. I have not laughed that hard in a long time – these girls are comic geniuses. To replace the show with the Betty White show (and I am a fan of hers) was additional insult (it’s just not funny.) It does make me wonder exactly who it is that NBC is trying to appeal to? I think BFFs is the one of the best quality shows I’ve seen on TV in many years. I laughed until I cried, literally!

Julie Martin May 12, 2012 at 9:46 am

I’m sad they’re not renewing this show! I can’t think of a better show on network right now. It was smart, funny and even if you’re not in the same situation you could relate to the characters. Every episode (the few that there are) made me seroiously laugh out loud by myself and want to call my best friend. Yet they leave crap like Chelsea and Whitney on. No wonder NBC isn’t doing so hot.

Teresa May 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I’m sad the show has only 2 episodes left. It is a funny show and the main characters have good chemistry. They’re likable from the get go.

Dee Vincent May 5, 2012 at 10:27 am

I thought the show was so-so. Better than Bent, bu not by much. I’ve seen better, but I’ve seen much, much worse. Renew it, don’t renew it, I don’t really care.

Joe May 6, 2012 at 7:55 am

That’s how I feel as well.

J May 4, 2012 at 9:50 pm

This was one of the best shows Ive seen this season. I actually laughed out loud. Pls bring it back!!!!!

Diane May 4, 2012 at 8:59 pm

What in the world!? This show should not be cancelled! I’m glad that NBC will, at least, be giving us the final two seasons. I’m so disappointed. I loved this show…one of the only tv shows I would actually rearrange my schedule for! Very bummed…

Monica May 4, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Loved this show! It literally made me laugh out loud. It just came on at a bad time for me so I always had to catch it “on demand.” So bummed it’s not returning for another season. I thought the 2 girls had such great chemistry. They were hilarious. Good luck to both Lennon and Jessica!

Jill May 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I AM SO SAD THIS SHOW WAS CANCELED. IT WAS SO FUNNY!!!! IM WRITING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IM THAT UPSET. PLEASE RECONSIDER UN-CANCELING THE SHOW. IT WAS MY FAVORITEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :((((((((((((

Dave May 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Not surprised. The blonde lead, the one you’re supposed to follow and be most interested in and get attached to, was so incredibly unlikable. The character was so incredibly abrasive and self-centered…I deal with enough crappy people like that in real life, why would I want to watch them on tv too?

Jill May 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I am so mad. This is a funny show. It is just so frustrating. Maybe instead of putting the show on the air and letting millions down, they ought to do a focus study group and see what their target age thinks of it. Save a lot of heartache.