CW 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 10/11/14)

cw-tv-show-ratingsOf the five networks, The CW has the fewest hours of primetime to fill but they’re not finding it any easier to find hits. Most of their returning shows are way down year-to-year and some of their new series are struggling. Which will be cancelled or renewed? Stay tuned!

CW shows this season (so far): The 100, America’s Next Top Model, Arrow, Backpackers, Beauty and the Beast, The Carrie Diaries, Famous in 12, Hart of Dixie, Masters of Illusion, Nikita, The Originals, Penn & Teller: Fool Us, Reign, Seed, Supernatural, The Tomorrow People, The Vampire Diaries, and Whose Line Is It Anyway?.

How does The CW decide what to cancel or renew? They look at a lot of different factors but the ratings play an important role. The higher the ratings, the better chance a show has of surviving. Here’s how the network’s shows are doing so far:

Check other networks’ rankings: ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | TNT

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here and here.

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released. The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing), unless marked with an asterisk (*). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

Keep in mind that the demo numbers are typically what’s most important to advertisers. Therefore, that’s how the networks measure success. Advertisers pay more for ad time on a show that has a higher demo rating. Because older viewers don’t count? No, it’s because younger viewers watch less traditional TV and are therefore supposedly harder to reach.

Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

The networks take into account when shows air on Fridays or Saturday, nights when TV viewership is lower.

What do you think? Which shows are you rooting for? Which one isn’t as big a hit as you thought? Are you hoping any series will get cancelled to make room for something else?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Belinda May 18, 2015 at 10:17 pm

please don’t cancel stoker it’s a really good show and we love the show. . The Wilson family Columbus Ohio

Stephanie May 2, 2015 at 9:03 pm

Maybe the CW should stop putting on crap shows and canceling what was actually good. Maybe they should look at what they are replacing shows with. Because I will tell you from experience that every show that I have watched that was canceled and replaced with shows that are dumb. People say that they are running out of ideas for shows. But thats because they keep cutting off shows that are actually good because of lack of ads promoting the shows the rating might not be great. Ratings are lower on shows that are not advertised. Take for example starcrossed I hadn’t even heard of it until I saw an instagram post for greg finley and then I started watching the show, that I had never heard of before, but now come to find out I started getting into it and then realized there is no more show. Mostly because they didn’t get ratings that were liked because no one knew about the show. The network should really think about that.

Kennedy March 8, 2015 at 6:04 am

We are all waiting for the season 2.. Please we are not happy with this.. You guys must continue with it

Kennedy March 8, 2015 at 6:00 am

Save the tomorrow people it is the best in nigeria!!

Anonymous March 6, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Pleaseee keep the 100

Lucy February 3, 2015 at 2:39 am

Save Beauty and the Beast

Brenda January 30, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Beauty and the Beast is the best show on tv,bar none. Arrow is ok ,but just ok. There is no comparison in the lead actors,writing or overall quality of the show. I am of the opinion that if you saturated the airwaves with the same marketing as you use for Arrow, you would see their ratings go up. I can’t possibly express how great I think the show is. And by the way, I am one of those older veiwers. Someone that actually has money to spend.

Anonymous January 2, 2015 at 4:03 am

SAVE REIGN!!!! It’s my life and is amazing and I love it so much

Melissa December 30, 2014 at 11:31 pm

What about the show the flash? That show was absolutely amazing I would love to know if it’s going to be renewed.

Anonymous December 23, 2014 at 4:55 am

Renew reign omg I love that one !!!!