Fairly Legal: Cancelled, No Season Three

We finally have some news about the fate of Fairly Legal — and it’s not good. It’s being reported that the USA Networks TV series has been cancelled after two seasons on the air.

Fairly Legal revolves around a young female lawyer (Sarah Shahi) who changes her profession to become a mediator at the law firm that her father founded. The cast also includes Michael Trucco, Virginia Williams, Baron Vaughn, and Ryan Johnson.

The first season registered lackluster ratings — a 0.9 demo rating and 3.55 million total viewers — so USA decided to revamp the show when they gave it a renewal.

Despite some cast changes and a new showrunner, Fairly Legal did even worse in its second season, garnering a 0.6 rating with 2.74 million viewers.

Shahi has been booked on NBC’s struggling Chicago Fire. In a statement to Deadline, USA said, “Sarah Shahi is undoubtedly a star and we’re thrilled she’ll be joining our sister network NBC on Chicago Fire… We are proud of Fairly Legal and thank the very talented cast and crew for two fantastic seasons.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Fairly Legal has been cancelled? Did you like season one or season two better?

Gallegos,Martin March 10, 2014 at 11:58 am

This show was just fantastic and the actors were so believable and they knew their stuff. I always watched and waited for the next show then the ax, really did not want that,sad…

Terrie February 5, 2014 at 11:32 am

I looked forward to this show EVERY week. I just Love Sarah Shahi. She is sooooooooo cute, driven, dynamic, spunky and has a special and unique sense of right and not so right. Just to add a different comment. II feel she is completely awesome in Person of Interest. She kicks butt in both programs. One in Court, one out of court. I just think she is a great actress and adorable doing it.

jared October 22, 2013 at 2:36 am

No!!! I loved this show. Anything law related is great but Kate’s zany personality really made this show fun. I’ll miss it.

Lupe September 6, 2013 at 2:54 am

I am so sad

Shaima Alqubaisi August 26, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I really loved this show and I was wattling for season 3 am not happy for the bad news of no season 3

Mags July 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I watched every episode of Fairly Legal. I actually liked the basic concept but felt that the scriptwriters needed to write a few “crew shows” and then get back to their real job.
I also felt there was an important societal massage lost in the void left by cancellation.
If it returned, I’d watch it again.

Anonymous June 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Am so upset, agree with most of the others everything is fake reality tv. This show was good I was waiting for the new series, and really wanted to watch it.

OK May 21, 2013 at 10:53 am

Looking all over for when Fairly Legal was coming back on. Disappointed its been cancelled. Watch a lot on USA but they messed up on this cancellation.

R G Mallory April 3, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Very disappointed that USA has cancelled this show. I live in the UK and have bought (and enjoyed) all of series 1 & 2 from iTunes. Was looking forward to seeing how new neighbours Kate and Ben’s storyline progressed…

Beka March 22, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Can’t believe USA made this decision.
Series was good and cast terrific. Looked forward to each episode.
Bring it back!

Donna Smathers March 22, 2013 at 9:25 am

I love cooking shows, project runway -just because of the stupidity of the designers, blue bloods, csi Miami, persons of interest, castle and a few more. I also agree that you take off the good shows and put on sows that insult my intelligence. There are to many reality shows. We need more comedy shows like the Carol Burnet show. the comedy shows we have now ARE NOT FUNNY. Bring back Fairly Legal and the Carol Burnet reruns. This country has lost it’s morality and needs to bring it back.

Michelle Harr March 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

I had a note on my calendar to watch or DVR the first episode of this seasons’ Fairly Legal.
I’m so disappointed it’s been canceled. I looked forward to the show and loved Sarah Shahi. At least the network could have scheduled a series finale. The list of shows I watch keeps dwindling. I don’t watch any reality shows, except for dance, food, or hg tv. I think some of the shows, like Fairly Legal, are overlooked. My son told me about the show. Otherwise I never would have known it existed.

Anonymous March 18, 2013 at 2:00 am

I am so upset loved this show. Watching a marathon today. Please bring it back

Anonymous March 14, 2013 at 8:59 pm

so upset!!!!!!!!! this sucks!

tracie white March 6, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I’m sorry yall took off a good show. Its hard to find a show with resolve without violence and bad language. I loved both seasons and loved the cast.I’m tired of reality. TV who cares who is sleeping with who some shows shouldn’t be on air and yall take off good shows that’s shameful that yall would rather have violence. And bad language and no respect for good shows or viewers.