Good Vibes: MTV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

good vibes canceled no season twoMTV has decided to cancel Good Vibes, ruling out the possibility of a second season. Created by David Gordon Green, the animated series ran for 12 episodes on MTV, from October until December 2011.

The show was paired with Beavis and Butt-Head and attracted more of a female audience than the Mike Judge series. According to Deadline, there were discussions between the cable channel and the Good Vibes producers about possible ways to keep the show on the air. Though MTV execs liked the direction of Good Vibes, the show ultimately wasn’t attracting enough viewers to justify a second season.

The series premiered opposite the sixth game of the World Series and attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.6 million total viewrs. That was about about half as many viewers as lead-in Beavis and Butt-Head brought in. The season (now series) finale drew just a 0.2 demo rating and 490,000 viewers.

In some ways, it was a small miracle that Good Vibes ever became a series in the first place. It was initially developed at Warner Bros. TV and FOX ordered a pilot in 2008 with Adam Brody, Alan Tudyk, Danny McBride, Debi Mazar, Jake Busey, Josh Gad and Olivia Thirlby providing the voices. FOX passed on the pilot but the producers kept working on finding the project a home. They did in 2010 and were able to keep the voice cast intact for the MTV run.

The fate of Beavis and Butt-Head, which finished its latest season on December 29th, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Good Vibes has been cancelled? Did you like the animated series?

kris griffin November 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I love this show its funny and has a good story line. I watched every show every week when I came on then watched that episode again cause it was that dam funny man…. Wish they’d make a second season

Hoot October 29, 2013 at 10:27 pm

This show had sooo many good laughs. I have watched the entire first season several times and find myself quoting it in everyday life. Maybe it should have went to adult swim or comedy central. No offense, but MTV really wasn’t the place for it. If I had the money I would fund a second season.

ryan July 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm

they need to bring this show back it”s great. B&B SUCKS but GOOD VIBES was awsome!!!

bigfan July 10, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Please bring this show back!! I’m from south africa, and have tons of friends on campus that love this show as much as I do.

laren cook May 17, 2013 at 12:29 am

pretty please bring back this show i watch the hole seris on netflicks last week and the show is still stuck in my head a really good show

Chris Hall April 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Just saw this show on netflix and gave it a shot…absolutely hilarious…love this show…wish they would make a second season!!

Goodviber April 11, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I am soo sad I am willing to pay money for good vibes to come back!

Anonymous April 8, 2013 at 3:28 pm

this was such a great show… I was over my friends house and found out they were on Netflix… I watched all 12 episodes and went to bed at one watching the wholes series reminded me how great it was and how a second season with Jeena and Mando being a couple would make it great! Miss This Show!!!