Looking: HBO Series to Have Bigger Second Season

Looking TV show on HBO: season 2TVLine reports that season two of HBO‘s Looking series will have 10 episodes, up from the first year’s eight installments. The dramedy is expected to return in early 2015.

Looking revolves around three gay friends in San Francisco who are making their way through life and trying to find love. The series features the talents of Jonathan Groff, Frankie J. Alvarez, Murray Bartlett, O-T Fagbenie, Lauren Weedman, Russell Tovey, Andrew Law, and Raul Castillo.

The series debuted to just 338,000 viewers in its initial airing but the audience grew slightly over the course of the season. Used as a companion piece with HBO’s other low-rated dramedy, Girls, the cable channel renewed Looking for another year in late February.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to watching season two of Looking?

Canceled and renewed TV show

13 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Blake More says

I look forward to the second season of LOOOKING . I is not perfect but I it is a good artistic reflection and interpretation of human experience. Even if it were not so good, it would be worth it jut to watch the gorgeous Mr Groff for however long the program lasts, even if it is only a half hour.

2. jackson says

The single biggest problem is that this show needed to be an hour-long. Many reviews called it a comedy but it was a true dramatic series and the half hour format just did not work. It was as if the story was cut short before it even started.

3. says

why was my comment deleated because of my last comment which by the way is true. Seriously deleating my comment is really a disgrace to your website. So much for freedom of expression.

• Jay says

Your comment wasn’t deleted, Steve.

BTW, I’m a regular guy who is also elderly, and I wish LOOKING were an hour long and had 13 eps per season. Oh, and there’s no “a” in “deleted.”

4. says

Another show that does not deserve to be renewed. For those that disagree the ratings were horrendous. HBO was once the best network for original series but today they pretty much only have one good show left (Game of Thrones). True Blood has been getting worse every season and the last season starts this Sunday. Boardwalk Empire had so much potential to be a great show but the last couple of seasons have been average at best. This upcoming season will also be its last. That means besides Game of Thrones HBO does not have any big hit shows. This is a travesty considering HBO used to have the following great shows: Sopranos, Sex in the City, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Rome, Carnival, etc.

HBO needs to come up with a couple of great shows or it will continue to lose viewers. AMC and Showtime have much better shows and they continue to bring out good stuff every year. HBO instead gives us shows like Girls and Looking which have horrible ratings and only are attractive shows to a very small group of people. Let’s be honest folks how many regular guys would watch either show? How many of our elderly would? The answer is very few.

• Arnie says

Both “Girls” and “Looking” are very entertaining shows. Ratings do not reflect the quality of a show. Look at the network shows that have high ratings – Scandal and NCIS, two very low quality shows with untalented actors and boring scripts.

• Arnie says

Based on your logic, then “The Bridge” should be canceled because it has low ratings. This show is too smart for the average person. One article I read had the headline, “The Best Televison Show Nobody Watches.”

The characters and the plot of “The Bridge are so well written. The acting is excellent too. Everyone I know who watches it agrees that it is the best show on televison.

• Jay says

I watched a couple of years worth of GAME OF THRONES, but it ended up being a bore. I didn’t watch a single episode this season. It is not even remotely the “one good show” someone upthread purports it to be.

5. Jay says

I wish LOOKING would go to hour-long episodes, 13 per season. I start watching one, and just when it’s getting good, it’s over.