Riot: TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Riot TV show canceled by FOXFOX has cancelled Riot, their new comedy improv series, after four episodes.

Hosted by Rove McManus, Riot is an unscripted show that pairs guest celebrities with a group of regular players for comedy song, dance, and sketch challenges. The regulars are John Ross Bowie, Jamie Denbo, Brian Palermo, Jordan Black, Jessica McKenna, Meryl Hathaway and Rob Gleeson.

The show debuted in mid-May to a dismal 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.34 million viewers. The numbers have gone up and down since then but have all been terrible.

The network has pulled the show from the schedule effective immediately, along with I Wanna Marry “Harry”. The four remaining episodes may surface at some point in the future but there are currently no plans. Reruns of FOX comedies will fill the timeslot for the time being.

What do you think? Have you been watching the Riot TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled?

James July 29, 2014 at 12:02 am

Mad tv :(

Walter connelly July 22, 2014 at 6:33 pm

This show was hilarious! I can’t believe it was cancelled. I think that it was not marketed enough to have people even know about it. I think if more people knew it was on, and actually watched an episode, it would be a hit!

Lisa July 17, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Funny funny show. Made me laugh out loud. Even my children loved this show. I don’t think canceling after only 4 episodes is giving it a fair chance.
Not happy!

Cindy July 11, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW…my kids love this show!! Please bring it back. I want more Riot!!

Bruce July 10, 2014 at 3:42 pm

When Riot started off with cast members from “What’s my line” I knew immediately that this was going to be big! Well! It was for three weeks!!
ComeOn Fox.

Dekota Semxho July 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I loved this show and started watching it on Hulu while at work. I live in Turkey with my husband while he’s stationed here, so I don’t get to see many new shows. But my inner theater geek fell in love with the improv. I’m very disappointed it got cancelled so prematurely.

Melody July 8, 2014 at 10:01 pm

This is the reason I very very seldom watch FOX. This show made me laugh out loud, it was that funny. And now it’s gone. Typical FOX. Bring back RIOT!!!!

Maegan July 7, 2014 at 5:14 pm

This show was hilarious! It definitely had it’s weird moments, but most of them had us cracking up! As an internet-only household, we were so excited to find it on Hulu. Definitely disappointed it’s been cancelled.

sue July 1, 2014 at 10:07 pm

FOX is really good at canceling exceptional shows. RIOT- the latest victim, Firefly, Dollhouse… if you like it, don’t get attached. FOX is the death-bringer.