Supernanny: Jo Frost Calling It Quits After Seven Seasons

SupernannyOn her TV show, Supernanny Jo Frost tells overwrought parents that it’s okay to take a break sometimes. Well, that’s just what she’s doing. Frost has decided to walk away from her ABC reality series after six years and seven seasons on the air.

Frost feels that it’s time to focus on having a family of her own. She tells the NY Post that she wants to find more balance in her life, saying, “I have decided to hang up my cape. It was a very conscious decision, through much reflection.”

Frost’s schedule keeps her so busy that she hasn’t even had time to buy a house and stays with her father when she’s in the UK. She said, “[Having children] is not an option when you are traveling and working 46 weeks out of the year. Proper balance will allow me to date and have a relationship and look at my own future of having a family.”

The seventh and final season of Frost’s Supernanny kicked off on Friday. It placed second among viewers 18-49 with a 1.2 rating and 4.79 million in total viewership. According to the network, that’s up 7% from last season’s premiere but they’re hardly impressive numbers.

If the show was performing better, ABC would likely want to replace Frost and keep the series going. Based on the ratings, it’s far more likely that they’ll let the series come to a close when Frost hangs up her cape.

What do you think? Do you enjoy Supernanny? Will you be sorry to see it go? Do you think another nanny should take over?

Pam May 26, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Bring back Jo. I loved supernanny. I was always a bit shocked about the results that she could bring about. I love this show…she should be rested by now. Bring her back!

Saundra April 5, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Jo is my hero! I have threes kids under six and g
The six year old is autistic . I’ve had moments of wishing I sought her advice … Ahe is fantastic

Barb August 26, 2012 at 8:42 am

I really think that Jo Frost is the best they have to offer!!!She is the REAL DEAL!!!I miss your show already!! Barb

Pamela Parrish July 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

There is no Supernanny without Jo.. Even though I do not have kids… She seemed to really get at the heart of what is wrong and she was more then able to give the parents the skills needed to correct the problem… I want her shows on DVD… I wish her the absolute best in her hopes for a family of her own…

Denise Grogan December 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm

There is no Supernanny wothout Jo!

Clemetta F. Sterling November 6, 2011 at 11:13 am

I will miss the show a lot.I work with children at a child care,and keep children sometimes,and I enjoyed your show very much,it taught me a lot,but I understand that you want to go on with your life,and have a family,and others things also.I never miss your show,and I learn so much in watching the show,and bring back to the classroom,or when I am watching children.You taught me a lot,and I will never forget you.You are a good learning tools for family,and teachers.GOOD LUCK.I will miss the show.

Andrew J. Gillespie September 28, 2011 at 3:02 am

As a father, the show helped me to look at myself closer to make sure that I was doing the right things as a dad. I tried not to judge the fathers or mothers on the show because there truly is not a manual or course to become a parent. A lot of being a parent is trial and error. Jo eliminated some of the guess work. Her show was actually like a video course on being a parent. I learned a lot about responsibility and discipline by watching her example. I had no idea that last year was the final season and it truly missed not having the show on this past summer. I wish her well and will miss her experience.

Genie Babb Shorter April 13, 2011 at 11:27 am

I think they should do something to keep it going. I have learned so much from Super Nanny. Personally, I don’t think anyone can replace Jo Frost. I think ABC should do their best to have Super Nanny come back. I wish Jo Frost all the best and will miss her immensely. God Bless her.

Jamie December 26, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I agree with you 100%. She has a special gift and I would hate to see her go. God bless.

Ann April 8, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Yes SuperNanny will be deeply missed. I think the show should continue. She has helped many familes get back on track and should not be removed. I wish she would still keep it going but I do understand her reasons for leaving. Giving that, the show should and must go on.