The Real Wedding Crashers: NBC Wants a Divorce

The Real Wedding Crashers on NBCI’m sure fans of series The Black Donnellys couldn’t be happier about this one. NBC is set to pull the reality show The Real Wedding Crashers after tonight’s broadcast and only three episodes.

Crashers debuted on April 23, 2007 and replaced Donnellys on the Monday night schedule. Crashers is loosely based on the 2005 movie The Wedding Crashers starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson and is produced by Ashton Kutcher’s production company. The series depicted various nuptials being interrupted by undercover crashers performing outlandish stunts. Unlike the Crashers movie, the bride and/or groom were in on the joke.

NBC will replace Crashers for the next two weeks (the rest of May sweeps) with new episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The Criminal Intent episodes will be then run again the following night at 9pm. Doesn’t NBC have any original programming left? Maybe Studio 60 or Donnellys?

The remaining episodes of The Real Wedding Crashers are expected to run during the summer months. Obviously this doesn’t bode well for the series’ future but, as is standard practice these days, NBC has not said that Crashers is officially cancelled. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Kim April 9, 2008 at 7:42 am

Is this show truly cancelled? If not I would like them at my wedding. Please let me know.

Dave January 7, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Wedding crashers was the best new show to air on TV for a long time and I’m still waiting for NBC to put it back on!! Please do so NBC!

Jennifer August 30, 2007 at 6:11 am

I loved Crashers. I got tired of watching so many serious shows on tv until the wedding crashers came on. It made me laugh. It’s too bad that NBC can’t figure out a way to put both shows on the air so that both audiences can watch what they want to watch.

jason July 16, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Crashers was a pretty crappy show. It was entertaining for about 15 minutes, but couldn’t really keep me from flipping channels. Sorry RWC.

nathan June 22, 2007 at 8:29 pm

The Real Wedding Crashers was by far the funniest show NBC had! It really made our Monday great to watch that show.

NBC if your reading this, you made a huge mistake taking that show off!

Austin June 15, 2007 at 4:39 pm

The Wedding Crashers was dreadfully bad. Bad setup, bad delivery, and bad wrap up. no wonder it got pulled so fast.

The Black Donelly’s, on the other hand, was an amazing show. Why they took it off the air because of a one week dip in the ratings? I’ll never know, but from the looks of most of these posts, the general populace wants it back. Monday night was the night I looked forward to: Heroes at 9 and TBD at 10, followed by sleep at 11. Ah well, I can always watch Fox from now on

DONA May 31, 2007 at 5:46 pm

I really enjoyed wedding crashers for those who do not watch some of the other shows.WEDDING CRASHERS WAS A VERY GOOD IDEA i DON’T KNOW WHY THEY CHANGE IT MONDAY’S SHOWS ARE NOW BORING.

Diane May 29, 2007 at 6:33 am

I love “The Real Wedding Crashers”–yes, mean-spirited at times but so what? I can’t stop laughing…have taped every episode shown so I can see them again. Please save it–at least on cable, if nowhere else.

Laura May 28, 2007 at 11:25 pm

I was/am a fan of all three that have been in the timeslot (Studio 60, Black Donnellys and Wedding Crashers) and honestly, Crashers has really been the highest quality for the longest amount of time. Which isn’t saying much, but still. It was so much better than most reality shows, and a nice Monday ngiht break after all the bloody/bloody awful stuff (24, Heroes, Prison Break, S60).

Jamie May 28, 2007 at 8:25 pm

I actually really liked this show. I don’t watch much tv and I hate reality shows, but it was something my fiance and I could sit down together and watch to release some of the stress and tension of our wedding plans. It was the only “wedding” thing he was trully interested in. I am going to miss it. Our Monday nights suck again.

Alan Herman May 22, 2007 at 10:17 pm

I think it was appalling that the only reality show I would ever watch, aside from Candid Camera and Punk’d, was taken off the air in 3 episodes! This was a great show and one that spurned my REAL search for a wife, so that I may hire these guys to ^%(*& my wedding!
NBC lost ALOT of kudos from me. I was searching the online TIVO guide to no avail for HOURS! I never would have thought ANY show would cancel without giving people to jump on the badwagon. THREE SHOWS??!!!! RIDICULOUS! You lost a fan NBC! What makes you think I would want to see ANY show now, knowing you will pull it away when I fall in love?!! You show NO sincerity in a relationship, so now I think I will not have sincerity with you.

Alan Herman May 22, 2007 at 9:50 pm

Deniese May 21, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Don’t we have enough violent shows on TV??? It seems like the only options for television are re-runs of old movies, violent shows, or silly over dramatized sitcoms. Give me a break!!!

Holly May 21, 2007 at 6:36 pm

Please put the Wedding Crashers back on the air!! The show was so funny and my family watched every Monday.