ThunderCats: Has the New TV Series Been Cancelled?

New ThunderCats canceled on Cartoon Network?Though there hasn’t been any official word, it looks like the new ThunderCats animated series has been cancelled.

A reboot of the 1980s ThunderCats TV show, the new series debuted on Cartoon Network last July with the first of 26 installments. The season was broken up into two parts and the finale aired this past Saturday. There’s been no word of plans for a second season.

What’s more, Cartoon Network announced their plans for the 2012-13 season and ThunderCats was noticeably absent from their list of returning series.

Matthew Mercer is the voice actor for Tygra. His girlfriend is actress Mirisha Ray and she believes that the show has been cancelled so she’s started a website to rally support.

While ThunderCats hasn’t been officially cancelled yet, the signs certainly don’t look positive. When/if we hear something definitive, we’ll be sure to let you know.

What do you think? Has ThunderCats been cancelled or will the show return for a second season? If it has ended, will you miss the series?

Parish Williams October 19, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Said I love the first season of Thundercats you did not promote the show enough for people to catch on so sad I would love to see the second season or buy it I love love love the new Thundercats ….

wallie October 18, 2014 at 11:58 pm

That show was amazing, a story line of its own id say. And plus you shouldnt so many fans wondering what happens to the cats and how the defeat mumra

blake September 19, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I loved thundercats 2011 I would eve pay bring it back its one of the greatest shows I ever seen in my life/thunder!!!!! thunder!!!!!! thunder!!!!!!!! thundercats hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tabby August 17, 2014 at 7:28 am

this was a great show and a good remake they probably cancelled it for the dumb reason of Lion-o’s catch phrase being somehow offensive i don’t get but not even Santa is allowed to say ho anymore.

White Wolf 435 August 14, 2014 at 3:58 am

It is sad that they canceled thunder cats I will miss it a lot.

Penguin of Truth June 21, 2014 at 12:49 pm

It’s a sign of the times. This is the third classic 80s cartoon remake that got cancelled. First He-Man, then Voltron, now Thundercats.

I think this is telling us something. You can update them, make them darker, edgier, and more violent and have CGI animation. But they were still missing something the oldies had. Charm! Those old cartoons were classics for a reason. If you want to watch the good cartoons, just watch the old school shows. The sad reality is, that they just don’t make ‘em like they used to.

sandy maimom May 31, 2014 at 2:50 am

The best cartoon i ever saw in my life time.Please bring back my thundercat.If you people need any help regarding your production we are ready to help but please bring my thundercat.Thundercat hoooooooo

Dontrell April 28, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Totally angry you guys took away thundercats , what’s up with that y’all keep these dum cartoons and cancel the good ones bring thundercats back no questions about it what are y’all thinking that’s the dumbest move you could have made

israel April 23, 2014 at 10:18 am

It’s sad to hear the thundercats are not coming back. Will there at least be a dvd release of the second season?

Angela February 16, 2014 at 12:03 am

This is ridiculous! I have been waiting for season 2 and I didn’t know that it was canceled. I was so happy when cartoon network was bringing thundercats back! I even told my kids that it used to b my favorite cartoon when I was a kid and they thought that it was really cool. So please bring them back. You guys have worse cartoons and you don’t cancel. Why would you canceled thundercats?