The Future of ABC’s The Nine: TV Series Finale Podcast #17

Fun times on The Nine on ABCThe series about a 52-hour bank robbery and the effect on its hostages has been missing from the primetime schedule for months.

ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPhearson finally gives us some more information about The Nine. Is it cancelled? Will it return to ABC primetime? Will we ever know what happened inside the bank? Stay tuned!

To receive future podcasts automatically, be sure to subscribe using this RSS feed or click here to subscribe via iTunes.

Canceled and renewed TV show

23 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Devlin says

IMO

The final eps were available only from ABC.com, a site which does not permit anyone outside of the 52 to watch (Homeland Security)? :)

We have been seeing more and more of this sort of thing as Networks have dumbed down the intelligence scale, with really stoopid shows and promotion of a “sound byte” mentality, there are precious few remaining who can follow and appreciate a program with decent plot and character development, prefering

a) quick/dirty snickers from grade school humour mascarading as comedy.

b) no plot, rediculous adlibed not though reality krap

All to keep the masses quietly occupied.

2. judy says

how did some people see all thirteen episodes? i have been checking the full episode page and nothing has been listed since the end of august. am i missing something somewhere? i just want to see the end played out to get some closure.

3. Jennifer says

I really enjoyed this show, it is unfortunate that it has been canceled and I too don’t understand where ABC was getting they’re ratings!

4. Joey Self says

Those of you that are bemoaning ABC pulling the show can at least give the network some credit for putting the last 4 episodes on its website. I’ve seen all 13 shows now–and while the show doesn’t END at that point, there is a decree of closure lacking up to that point. A real “didn’t see THAT coming” moment that you gotta see to believe.

5. Lana says

This is so typical of ABC. Unless it’s a mindless moronic show, it has no chance. They put it on, take it off , then put it back on again and then cancel it. How could it possibly gain the audience it requires when ABC plays games like this. The least ABC could have done was given us a final episode with some resolution instead of leaving those of us who watched it up in the air. They are obviously pandering to a more juvenile audience.

6. Redbird says

I am really disapointed in ABC. This has been a cruel joke. Saying you are going to bring back The Nine for 6 more episodes, airing 2 and then it’s gone again. I thought you would at least find a way to hold the intelligent audiences. The Nine was a wonderful series that captures the imagination and makes people think for a change. The other shows don’t do this. Is that what is happening to this world? No one is going to be able to use their brain anymore when watching TV.

7. Michelle says

I agree with all the previous entries. I also loved The Nine and waited each week for it to come on. If I was at work I taped it and watched after midnight when I got home. It is a shame that it has been cancelled. I have never enjoyed any show on ABC day or night, this was the first. Unfortunatly they have lost me again. Pls take some notes from CBS they captivate my attention day and night with their show line-up. ABC you are not a cable station, pls stop with all the sex shows. Some people DO still have morals and values and dont want to watch that all the time.