Episodes: 15 (hour)
TV show dates: May 29, 2013 — September 4, 2013
Series status: Cancelled
Performers include: Cynthia McFadden and Bill Weir (anchors) with correspondents Dan Abrams, Gio Benitez, Juju Chang, Linsey Davis, Paula Faris, Matt Gutman, Dan Harris, Amy Robach, Deborah Roberts, Brian Ross, Cecilia Vega and Nick Watt.
TV show description:
A production of ABC News, this show is described as “a survival guide to the modern consumer jungle,” and offers a mix of undercover investigations about how people spend their money. It covers the trends and products that obsess Americans, offering tips along the way about how to maximize value and avoid costly mistakes.
Reports include the potential hidden dangers of hiring an emergency locksmith, what some television repairmen may not be telling you, and the truth about the thread counts of bed sheets.
This program was initially announced as a continuation of Nightline Prime which last aired in 2011.
· The Mortgage Rescue: Thinking of lowering your mortgage payments? Be careful whom you trust… Brian Ross and ABC News Fixer Stephanie Zimmerman try to save one woman’s home from foreclosure after she was allegedly cheated by a company that said it would help fix her financial problems. “ABC’s The Lookout” with a cautionary tale for homeowners.
· Online Rental Scams: It is happening all over the country: internet scammers posing as home owners to rent out properties that are real but not theirs to rent out. Cynthia McFadden is on the lookout to help make sure your dream rental doesn’t turn into a horror story.
· Vegas Survival Guide: They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And, as Rebecca Jarvis reports, that often includes visitors’ money — without ever walking into the casinos. “ABC’s The Lookout” with a can’t-miss Vegas survival guide that will help beat the odds in keeping the cash in your pocket.
· Rental Cars: “ABC’s The Lookout” hits the road to show how you get the best deal on a rental car with the help of Vroomvroomvroom.com’s David Eastes.
· Mattress Wars: How much does it cost to get a good night’s sleep? “ABC’s The Lookout” puts a spectrum of mattresses to the test to find out.
· Flood Cars Update: This summer Bill Weir reported on dangerous flood cars from Hurricane Sandy that have washed up on used cars lots throughout the country. Weir’s report has led to an about face by a major insurance company and a potential change in how the industry handles such cars.
First aired: September 4, 2013.
What do you think? Do you like The Lookout TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?