This new Christian Slater drama follows a group of civilians who donate their time to help identify murder victims and solve their cases. Unfortunately, the forgotten isn’t catching on and the show looks like its going to end up being cancelled — and forgotten — by ABC.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for ABC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, viewing online, or watching a recording many days later is all very nice but it really doesn’t help a show’s ratings.
If you like the forgotten and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re emotionally invested in gets people interested.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Stephen McPherson, Chairman, ABC, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: the forgotten
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To ABC, Bonanza Productions, Jerry Bruckheimer Television, and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching the new the forgotten TV show on the ABC network. It is a gripping drama that keeps us on the edge of our seats. It’s a great medical show with lots of action, interesting stories, and interesting characters.
Please find a way to keep the forgotten on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on ABC or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.