Blue Mountain State: Cancelled; No Season Four

Blue Mountain State canceled season fourThe game is over for Coach Daniels (Ed Marinaro) and his team. There won’t be a fourth season for Blue Mountain State. The Spike TV series has been cancelled.

The comedy series revolves around the on and off-field antics of Pennsylvania college football powerhouse, Blue Mountain State. Coach Daniels has his hands full with the hijynx of his wife (Denise Richards) and students like team captain Thad (Alan Ritchson), quarterback Alex (Darin Brooks), and team mascot Sammy (Chris Romano).

The comedy performed decently for Spike in season one and realized significant gains in season two. The cable channel reported that the series saw a 33% increase with men 18-34, a 50% climb in men 18-24, and a 14% increase with men 18-49.

Total viewership dropped however in season three which kicked off this past September. While some episodes of season two had attracted 1.25 million viewers, at least one episode of season three garnered only half as many viewers. Spike TV aired the last two episodes of the season on November 30th. It turns out they’ll also be the last of the series as well.

Should BMS have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Lionsgate, the studio that produces Blue Mountain State, apparently considered shopping the series to other outlets but it didn’t work out. The cast and crew were recently told that season four wouldn’t be happening.

While it’s been reported that the show was cancelled due to a decline in ratings, producer Eric Falconer says differently. He tweeted, “BMS wasn’t cancelled because of a drop in ratings. Season 3 was actually up 20% + in all male demographics vs S2. It was a budget issue.”

As recently as last week, Falconer was still hoping to hear that the show had been picked up for season four. However, it seems that State was actually living on borrowed time with Spike — even during season three. Last August, Spike TV executive VP Sharon Levy told Variety that the cable channel would be focusing on only non-scripted programming for the immediate future.

Of the cancellation news, Ritchson wrote, “Sad day for #BMS fans.” He followed that up with, “I can’t thank the dedicated cast, crew, and fans enough for all the love and support. Portraying Thad was a dream come true. I’m grateful.”

Brooks thanked the cast and crew and “everyone who made this show possible…a HUGE thank you!! Love you guys!!”

What do you think? Are you sorry that Blue Mountain State has been cancelled? Would you follow the show to another channel? Would you be interested in a BMS movie?

Summit March 25, 2015 at 11:50 pm

i miss watching BMS :(

Bill March 23, 2015 at 4:23 am

Yes I’d follow it to another network & would watch every episode. I Havent had cable in like 4-5 years so haveissed a lot. Well had internet about 2. But didn’t kniw abt show. Or I’d have to watched it b4. And am very interested in the movie coming out. But yes – take it back & finish filming season 4 . then get it out there somewhere. B:)

Damion March 19, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Please bring back bms!!!! This is the show I sit down and watch every night on Netflix, my girlfriend even sits down and watches it with me. We are all big fans of bms, make season 4 happen I want more bms it gives me hope for college even though I know it will never be as good as bms. This show makes the movie neighbors look childish. This is the best college show out there. Keep bms alive!!

parker March 17, 2015 at 5:51 pm

This show is funny, it beats a lot of other TV shows out there they should continue making BMS, everyone I know would watch it

Haille March 17, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Please continue the show! So many people I know watch it and love it.

kslay February 28, 2015 at 9:46 am

FX should pick up the show!!! I’m sure it will do great there.

Jorge villagomez February 25, 2015 at 3:58 am

Lovee the show, never seen anything better to watch than this.
Season 4 and many other seasons should happen!! No doubt.

wabisonic_ricky February 21, 2015 at 5:07 pm

The greatest show I ever watched in my life, gimme a hell, gimme a yeah, hell yeah!!!

omar alzen February 21, 2015 at 3:54 am

pleasseeeee make it back to be happening!!! i really love ittt!! i did recommended my friends to watch it and in end up, they really loved it!! pleaseeeeee make it happening!!! i need it back.. i dont even care some reason to be cancelled, all i care is making it happening!!!

Eric February 17, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Greatest tv series ever!! Need it back! Pumped for the movie

Dakoda February 16, 2015 at 7:23 pm

BMS is a great show, better than alot of the stuff that comes on tv in my opinion. I wish there would be another season but I guess everything happens for a reason. I think it would be Cool is the made a BMS reunion movie or something so atleast the series can go out with a bang.

Wizard d February 10, 2015 at 11:08 pm

I’m so upset…. BMS was the best series I’ve ever seen! To bad it was so short, the show could have went a long way. #RIPTOBMS.

Jamaica February 9, 2015 at 11:49 pm

If there was going to be a BMS movie I would be the first person in the theater. I wish the show would come back to any network, it was the best TV series I’ve seem thus far. To be honest ever….

Ron February 9, 2015 at 1:34 pm