Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

sandy protz January 27, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Keep this show. I’m hooked.

Linda January 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

I love the show. Please continue. I want to know what happened to everyone.

Carla January 26, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Love this show!! Just finished Seasons 1 & 2 and I am in shock I can’t find Season 3? You are actually leaving us to guess what happened to Eva in Spain? And we are left with Louis just shot dead by a prison psychiatrist involved in the last crime? I am so sad – it’s like the author died and we’ll never know! So wrong!!

john January 26, 2015 at 9:52 pm

It was a good show, so no doubt it will be cancelled. I really liked it.

Lura Cormier January 26, 2015 at 8:58 pm

I just found this show on Netflix. OMG it is good!! I love it and almost skipped class to finish season two! The story line is great and the cast is wonderful. And Donald Sutherland is fantastic. Let us hope that some one is listening!!! This show is too good to loose…

Marsha Krell January 26, 2015 at 12:44 pm

No wonder no one watched it! If I hadn’t stumbled into it last year, I wouldn’t have seen it either! Where was the promotion? This is great! Just finishing up watching season 2 on Netflix. I hope they continue it!

Erin Vales January 25, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Love it.!!!!. I just completed season 1 & 2. On nexflix, The writer is a genius!!. I am always looking for good movie plots. The actors were terrific. Please keep up the good work. NBC lost a winner. Tired of all those reality shows. Let’s go back to real acting. Thank-U.

RBSTN33 January 26, 2015 at 12:31 am

I totally and wholeheartedly agree with you! I just hope somebody out there is listening!!!!!