Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

wendy April 23, 2014 at 8:05 pm

I really hope so. The ratings are really on the networks head for NOT promoting a really good show. I started watching it because I didn’t care for the other shows that were on that night and I had never even heard of the show, that said I truly hope the network picks the show up for season 2. Canadians will not be able to watch it if it is only on U.S cable channels, and for heaven sake PLEASE promote this great show!

jbk April 23, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Not doubt in my mind. The show is GREAT

Jessica April 23, 2014 at 12:18 am

YES! I would watch season 2 on USA or any other station on which I could find it. It’s a great series and I was thrilled to find season 1 on Netflix. William Fichtner has long been one of my favorite actors, which is what initially drew me to the series. However, I think all of the actors on the show are great and would like to see more from them.

Cindy April 22, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I am looking forward to watching Crossing Lines season 2 on whatever channel regardless of whether it is network television or cable. I really enjoyed watching the characters develop in season 1 and look forward to watching them grow in season 2.

Shawna Dixon April 21, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I would definitely watch this show. On any channel! I was very captivated by all the characters. It has a great plot and deals with real situations. Loved this show. I hope they renew it!

Todd Walter April 21, 2014 at 11:55 am

Can’t wait to watch season 2. Such “flawed but perfect” characters. Wherever it lands, I plan on watching it.

RJ April 20, 2014 at 8:09 pm

OK..so Netflix and Tandem communications are airing season 2. Surely, NBC will have the foresight to follow suit. Especially with the news of Carrie Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson joining the cast. This is a smart, exciting show that does bend to the gruesome images that most crime dramas resort to. Sure, there is violence but not of a gratuitous nature. The characters are well developed and each episode leaves you counting the days for the next. Bring it back please!!!!

mike April 19, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Its the best show on TV, your brain dead if you think its not better than the “reality shows” that replace wonderful shows every year. I am an avid TV viewer but as the years go by, I watch 3 year old reruns rather than the first run reality shows. The state of intelligence in the US has continued to go down at the same rate of the number of reality shows has increased.

Diane April 19, 2014 at 1:43 am

Yes. Please. Would be nice if they advertised so we can find it too.

Thomas O'C April 17, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I really loved the show and also watched all ten series. NBC if you don’t pick it up for this summer , Your Fools for a lot of shows start slow look at Cheers, But it really turn out to be one of your greatest shows. So please give Crossing Lines another chance….

Anonymous April 17, 2014 at 8:43 pm

yes loved the show, and left hanging for whats going to happen next!

W. Wilcox April 16, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I have all the shows on my DVR and I want to see more! I hope they get picked up for a Season 2 somewhere!

Sherryl Hardick April 16, 2014 at 10:59 am

I watched the whole first season in two nights on Netflix. I was so disappointed to find out that there wasn’t a season 2. I’m glad to hear now that there will be a season 2. I can’t wait to see it. This is a wonderful and exciting show. I am totally hooked!!!! Please someone pick up this show. I don’t watch a lot of TV but I look forward to watching this series.

mR. T April 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

YES!!!!!!! BRING ON SEASON 2…..I WATCHED THE WHOLE FIRST SEASON ON NETFLIX AND NOW I’M HOOKED, I THINK IT IS THE BEST “CRIME FIGHTING” SHOW AROUND, WELL SECOND TO “LAW AND ORDER”

Anonymous April 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm