Crossing Lines: Season Two Renewal; Will NBC Air It?

Crossing Lines season twoFrance’s TF1 and Sony Pictures Television Networks have renewed Crossing Lines for a second season.

There will be 12 episodes this time around (vs 10 episodes in season one) and production will begin on September 22nd. Locations will include France, the Czech Republic, Monte Carlo and Bulgaria.

Regulars William Fichtner, Donald Sutherland, Marc Lavoine, Tom Wlaschiha, Gabriella Pession and Richard Flood will all return, along with Lara Rossi, who was introduced late in the first season. Guest stars will include Carrie-Anne Moss and Ray Stevenson.

Crossing Lines has been very popular internationally, airing in over 180 territories. It hasn’t been a big hit here in the states however.

NBC aired the series on Sunday nights this summer to poor ratings. The season finale registered just a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.06 million viewers — series lows.

The peacock network says that they haven’t made a decision on the future of the show on NBC. Unfortunately, based on the ratings, there’d be little incentive to license season two of Crossing Lines.

If they don’t pick it up, the show could find a US home on a cable channel, possibly one that’s owned by NBC-Universal like USA Network. Merlin underperformed on NBC in its first year so it was moved to Syfy for the later four seasons.

What do you think? Should NBC pick up season two of Crossing Lines or cancel the low-rated series instead? Would you watch it on a cable channel like USA?

Anonymous August 27, 2014 at 2:14 pm

love this show and would watch on a cable channel.

njm August 26, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Yes, should be ran on NBC

Sue Weatherly August 25, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Absolutely should be renewed.
Great cast. Very well acted. Love William Fichtner

Carole Syzdek August 26, 2014 at 7:59 am

I, too, love William Fichtner and everything he has been in, especially Prison Break.

Wayne August 25, 2014 at 6:36 am

It is NCIS meets Interpol. An excellent, well written, acted and directed series. The fact that it involves most countries in Europe gives us Americans a new dimension in TV entertainment. Please, someone pick this up or tell me how I can I acquire copies.

Lynn August 24, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Crossing Lines should definitely be renewed. It was exciting, interesting, international, intrigue.

Anonymous August 23, 2014 at 2:00 am

Please renew this series, it has grit and heart…good ingredients for a good show. A show for intelligent people!

ed foust August 22, 2014 at 6:48 pm

please renew

Celia Daddario August 23, 2014 at 10:17 am

I think Crossing Lines is a very interesting series with well-written and acted themes each episode. I read on the informational page for this series that it had been airing on NBC on Sundays for the summer, but I wasn’t aware of this; I saw no notice of it on TV. Bummer!

I really hope you continue this show. There is really not a lot of good shows on for people who don’t care for reality shows, talent shows, The Kardashians, etc.

Sheila Willey August 22, 2014 at 12:09 am

I want someone to please pick this up. It would probably be best if NBC didn’t because they are too quick to jump the gun and cancel a perfectly good show. We are not robots and don’t all like the same types of shows. That’s why there is a word called variety for pete’s sake. I absolutely loved this show and I find it odd that a show this good can’t make it on television but call it James Bond and people flock to the theaters. I guess its for thinkers and not channel surfers who just fill in empty time with meaningless junk.