Finding Bigfoot: Renewal for Animal Planet TV Series

finding bigfoot renewalAnimal Planet has announced they’ve renewed their documentary series Finding Bigfoot for a third season. That’s a little strange since many sources believe that the show is currently airing its fourth season. Apparently, Animal Planet has their own way of breaking up their episodes.

Here are the details:

THE SEARCH FOR BIGFOOT CONTINUES…

ANIMAL PLANET’S HIT SERIES “FINDING BIGFOOT” RENEWED FOR THIRD SEASON

— Season Two Premieres Delivered 1.2 Million P2+ Viewers —

(New York, New York) – After setting foot in 33 states and five countries, the FINDING BIGFOOT team is still feverishly on the hunt for the elusive Sasquatch. As the evidence continues to mount, investigators Cliff Barackman, James “Bobo” Fay, Ranae Holland and Matt Moneymaker are closer than ever to uncover the truth behind the hairy beast. And with FINDING BIGFOOT hunting down 1.2 M P2+ viewers this season and ranking among Animal Planet’s top three performing series of all time among P25-54 (653K), this hunt isn’t ending any time soon! Today, Animal Planet announces the third-season renewal of the hit series, rolling out with 12 brand new episodes later this fall.

FINDING BIGFOOT continues to find new believers with 41% more W25-54 watching than season one. And in 1Q13, FINDING BIGFOOT helped Animal Planet rank among the top 10 ad-supported cable nets in the 10 PM timeslot based on M25-54 delivery (excluding movies and sports).

FINDING BIGFOOT investigates compelling evidence that may prove the existence of this elusive creature, with a team uses unconventional methodologies and new technologies to lure the creature from behind the shadows to get physical video and/or audio evidence to prove that there is a community of these sasquatches among us! The intrepid cast of investigators – Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) president Matt Moneymaker, researchers James “Bobo” Fay and Cliff Barackman, and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland – has traveled across the U.S. and followed up on evidence and first-hand eyewitness accounts. Now, the cast continues its international searches and re-visits some of the “squatchier” locations to uncover startling evidence of the mysterious and highly intelligent enigma that has eluded capture for centuries and fascinated man for just as long.

FINDING BIGFOOT is produced for Animal Planet by Ping Pong Productions. Keith Hoffman is the executive producer and Hillary Tholen is associate producer for Animal Planet. Brad Kuhlman and Casey Brumels are executive producers and Chad Hammel is the co-executive producer for Ping Pong Productions.

Animal Planet Media (APM), a multi-media business unit of Discovery Communications, is the world’s only entertainment brand that immerses viewers in the full range of life in the animal kingdom with rich, deep content via multiple platforms and offers animal lovers and pet owners access to a centralized online, television and mobile community for immersive, engaging, high-quality entertainment, information and enrichment. APM consists of the Animal Planet television network, available in more than 96 million homes in the US; online assets www.animalplanet.com, the ultimate online destination for all things animal; the 24/7 broadband channel, Animal Planet Beyond; Petfinder.com, the #1 pet-related Web property globally that facilitates pet adoption; and other media platforms including a robust Video-on-Demand (VOD) service; mobile content; and merchandising extensions.

What do you think? Do you like the series? Will you be watching the new season?

barb March 2, 2015 at 4:41 pm

I miss the show,.it seems like it just disappeared. I love it and always watch it. please b ring it back like right away

Jfcress February 23, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Where is finding Bigfoot??? No way to treat your viewers, excited with season premier,
Then nothing!!! A response to your audience would at least show a bit of respect. Very ticked!!! Missing BoBo!!!!

ted February 22, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Love the show!!!!!!!

NotaliberalIdiot February 16, 2015 at 6:51 am

I was looking for another thing on the web and crossed this page to see idiots saying this is one of the best shows on TV? Are you kidding me? No wonder why Americans are getting dumber by the second. I watched a few episodes of this show and these people are so stupid I had to say to myself it must be slapstick comedy or something because these people make up stupid crap like Bigfoots are the Ninjas of the woods? Oh and they always seem to know what a bigfoot call sounds like yet no one has EVER documented one on video or film that was not total bull! And think about it, all the trail cams all over the country and not a single picture of one? 7 billion people on the planet and 3 billion of those have a cell phone and not a single clear picture or video of one! You would have to be a nitwit loon to believe anything these 3 guys say. They are 3 of the dumbest people I have ever seen in my life and now I see comments saying this is the best show? America is doomed! But in 25 years from now I hope all you idiots see what morons you truly are. If you have not regressed back to grunts and knocking woman over the head with clubs.

Maria Mazzotta Hayden February 8, 2015 at 11:45 pm

Why you guys playing games?????? You announce upcoming episodes, I wait at the specific time and date; then nothing!!!

Angela Parmelee February 21, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Absolutely right, the “New Season” of Bigfoot is now on at 10:pm once a week on Sunday, Apparently it is no longer “Prime Time” to those of us who love this reality show and would prefer this programming as opposed to family comedy shows designed for a 12 yr. old yet are riddled with sexual humor baffles me !

Jim January 2, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Bing back Finding Bigfoot!!!

Jim January 2, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Finding Bigfoot best show on tv bring it back or no more animal planet

Farmer Ray December 22, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I thought I was going nuts or something. Saw a few shows and then nothing more this season. Glad to see I’m not the only one who noticed the show was missing.

Angela Parmelee December 23, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I can’t understand that myself, why take one of the best shows on T V off the air ? Where is the new series ?

jal December 21, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I am really missing Finding Bigfoot myself. I looked forward to Sunday evenings just because Finding Bigfoot was on. They are constantly finding new species and why not a Big Foot? I would much rather watch Finding Bigfoot then some of those other reality shows they have out there.

dan lister December 20, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I believe that they found bigfoot and and are being stored until a new season has been approved. Somewhere in a cave in Oregon.

Angela Parmelee December 24, 2014 at 12:36 am

Ha ! Ha ! Somewhere in a cave in Oregon ! I Love It ! I believe that could be so ! Bring it on !

Dave Tuley December 8, 2014 at 12:27 am

What did happened to the rest of the season? I seem to remember a preview for the following week’s show. My wife and I love the show. We had our own experience in the Long Barn,Ca./ Clavey River area. We traded rock & tree knocks with something. NO,
there wasn’t a human soul around for miles. We were deep into the forest and it got to us so we high tailed it out of there.

pocket squatch February 28, 2015 at 2:16 am

I have also had experiences in Long Barn, Ca. And continue to have them. I know the crew will never find bigfoot but it’s fun to watch them. I especially love the town meetings and the stories.

Lynda December 8, 2014 at 12:11 am

I thought the new season just started, now it’s missing. I’m a fan

trf December 7, 2014 at 1:35 pm

love the show missing it lot.

Nance Brandenburg December 2, 2014 at 1:07 am

Why has the new Finding Bigfoot disappeared from tv? This new season just stared airing like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Also, when is someone going to answer this question? Did the powers that be cancel it?

jrh December 1, 2014 at 10:43 pm

please, please bring finding bigfoot back on tv. its the only show i watch.
i really miss it.