Kitchen Nightmares: Gordon Ramsay Ending FOX Series

Kitchen Nightmares endingChef Gordon Ramsay has announced that he’s ending his Kitchen Nightmares series after six seasons in the US. The decision reportedly caught FOX execs off-guard.

However, Ramsay will still be seen on the FOX network on his four other series on the network — Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, and Hotel Hell.

Here’s his statement:

As filming comes to a close on the latest series of Kitchen Nightmares I’ve decided to stop making the show.

I’m currently filming 4 new episodes, Costa Del Nightmares, for Channel 4 which will be my last. I’ve had a phenomenal 10 years making 123 episodes, 12 seasons, shot across 2 continents, watched by tens of millions of people and sold to over 150 countries. It’s been a blast but it’s time to call it a day.

Starting in 2004 this was the show that really propelled my TV career and I’m very grateful for the amazing team behind the series and for the support from the viewers for almost over a decade! From the first episode which aired in April 2004 with over 5 million viewers we’re now 12 seasons later and it’s been an amazing journey. In 2007 we took the show to America on Fox and they’ve just finished airing series 7 this summer. During this time I’ve visited over 100 restaurants, meeting and trying to help or in some cases failing to help, some of the most weird and wonderful people. Of course Amy’s Baking Company is a standout along with Bonaparte’s but there were good times too; the lovely sisters at La Galleria and Momma Cherri’s to name but two.

I’d like to thank you all for being so supportive. I’m glad I’ve been able to entertain and hopefully help a few people along the way. It’s sad to say goodbye to Kitchen Nightmares but I’ll be continuing with my other shows. It’s been memorable! Thank you for watching.

What do you think? Do you like the Kitchen Nightmares series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s ending?

Canceled and renewed TV show

20 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mike Hall says

A final opinions: I wouldn’t be surprised if Ramsey could no longer take making this type of show; and that he quit because he knew he was selling frozen baloney in a fresh sausage casing.

I guess after a long day at work (not long enough according to Jeb Bush’s ridiculous remark), a cold beer, and some chips, some people just can’t take having to think, and just want to be stimulated or fooled,, reality or NOT.

2. Mike Hall says

In my opinion, this show seemed very over produced and artificially hyped-up. Of course a viewer doesn’t know for sure, but it seemed very staged and possibly scripted (at least the scene set-ups). I only watched one show, the Amy’s show, so that’s the only one I’m commenting on. Like so many so-called ‘reality shows,’ it seems to me to be ‘ANYTHING BUT.’

I’ve refused to watch these reality shows, except for that one. I believe they do a total disservice to America, creating more negative energy in people, which seems to me to be Fox’s stock and trade.

Demand better programming. Don’t watch crap just to get an adrenaline ‘high.’

3. Dianna rodgers says

I have tried to find and watch all of the kitchen nightmares but apparently I have not been able to get all of them of he has been on for 10 series. How can I find all of the episodes. And when and where is the new on airing.

4. LoriB says

So bummd to hear Kitchen Nightmares has come to an end! I did my ‘time’ working in the fastfood/restaurant as a teen & young adult. Most of them did a pretty good job at using fresh produce & keeping things clean. I learned then to scan over an eating establishment before I would eat there – always checking out the bathroom first. I’ve walked out of many fastfood places & even some ‘fine dining’ restaurants because of filth in the open areas wondering “if it’s this bad out here where the customers can see, what’s it like where we can’t see?” I must admit after watching Kitchen Nightmares, which we just started watching about a year ago, I am even more cautious & observant when walking into a place to eat. My biggest pet peeve is hair not being pulled back! Some years ago the law was changed in Cali where hair-nets no longer had to be worn, but now it’s gotten to where waiters & waitresses don’t even pull their hair back at all! I have hair down to my hiney & I would never serve food with my hair down. I know my hair falls out constantly. Do they not realize their hair is ‘airborne’ every time they flip it back?? Then they are touching your food! All I can say is EEEEWWWWEEEEE!!! We will continue to watch reruns! One of our all time favorites is the twins, Jim & Jeff, their pizza place & don’t forget they have HOMEMADE MEATBALLS!!!! Love ya Gordon!! Best wishes for success with the other shows!!!

5. Celeste says

Totally saddened but understand his decision!!?.. Grew up in the food business and was always a fanatic about cleanliness!!! Kitchen Always open for anyone to walkthru! No shame!!! The show demonstrates WHY I have such a hard time going out to eat! I must sit near the kitchen door and check out ladies room foyer, etc for aged dirt/dust or worse, bugs!! Too many health inspectors being paid off!! One of my health inspectors would brag how XYZ restaurant was providing his prime rib or crown pork for his holiday meal!!
    Scary if you watch and note how many restaurants Gordon had to close due to absolute filth!! You go Gordon…if you’re ever in mystic,ct, let’s do lunch!!

6. Jessica says

I love all of chief Ramsey shows. I hate to see kitchen nightmares go off :( but I can understand why. He is so busy with all his other shows. I don’t see how he has time to spend with his family. I will miss the show but will be watching all his other ones. I’m a big fan. I love cooking shows :)

7. Why Watch says

Good riddance. A worthless show worthy of the Honey Boo Boo types. With shows like these, no wonder the world is going down the tubes.

8. Scott T. Wilson says

Good Riddance and only FOUR more shows to completion. This forced artificial reality show crap is way far past it’s fifteen minutes.

9. Bruce says

The “contributors” not understanding the article is why garbage shows stay on the air, such as The Kartrashians and White Trash Boo Boo. Garbage shows pander to pinheads so they’ll watch.

10. Bruce says

I liked the show, but it was painfully getting routine: Assessment, Feedback, Denial, Observation, Denial, Makeover, Observation, Frustration, Adjustments, Complete. It also appeared the owners and staff were hyping the confrontations for drama. Why wouldn’t they hype the emotions…Fox will makeover their restaurants? Yeah…get out on a high note.

11. says

Wow im surprised but I’m just a fan it’s sad
    but I agree it’s time most of the places he tried
    to save are closed and they never stick to his
    plan but am glad he is still doing his other
    shows I guess I will watch Hell’s Kitchen
    and his other shows he is tired he has
    been doing the show for a long time Thank you
    Gordon for memorable seasons of Kitchen
    Nightmares yes it is sad to say goodbye to
    things we like it’s part of life Gordon a message
    to you know you will find bigger and better
    opportunties doing more shows you always
    cook up something I would hire you Chef
    Ramsay to cook in my kitchen I am going
    to invite you to The Clinton see you soon
    From
    Mary

12. DavidH says

Smart decision! finish the show in a high note, as much as I love Ramsay it was starting to get kind of old

13. T says

If he is going to end the program in the states, why not all of them everywhere? How is that right?! Stupidity!

• Learn to Read says

He is ending the entire series, both US and UK. He says after the 4 episodes he is currently filming, there will be no more. Learn to read the article!!