Scrubs: ABC TV Show Cancelled, No Season 10

ScrubsAfter seasons of poor ratings and several cast members moving on, ABC has finally put the Scrubs TV show to rest.

Scrubs follows hospital life as seen through the eyes of Dr. J.D. Dorian (Zach Braff). He left Sacred Heart last season but returns occasionally to help teach a new crop of med students. Others in the cast include Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Sarah Chalke, Eliza Coupe, Kerry Bishe, Michael Mosley, and Dave Franco.

Last May, despite poor ratings, ABC decided to try to squeeze one more year out of the veteran sitcom. The reason? ABC also produces Scrubs and stood to make big money on additional episodes in syndication.

The network kicked off season nine late last year and registered a low 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demo and only 4.5 million viewers. The numbers dropped even further and ABC decided to burn off most of the remaining episodes in January.

In March, ABC aired the final episode of the season. The network’s website promoted it as the “series finale.” We contacted a representative for ABC who told us that it was a mistake but nobody was in any rush to change it.

Now, it appears that ABC has finally cancelled Scrubs after nine seasons on the air. With more than 180 episodes, the sitcom won’t be coming back.

What do you think? Should Scrubs have returned after last season’s Braff send off? Did you like the “med school” setting and characters?

Wesley Strik March 5, 2015 at 6:57 am

oh and indeed.. whatever happened to carla?! -I like how Turk and Cox are sort of friends now :3 …. the characters are just really good, I do not understand why people don’t like it. After only 1 season the characters grew on me.

Wesley March 5, 2015 at 6:55 am

Yes they definitely made a mistake by taking it off the air. The new characters really grow on my, really funny how they actually replaced JD with a girl…. JD could come back occasionally, right? DO HORSES LOVE RAINBOWS?

Emeri March 1, 2015 at 12:39 am

BRING IT BACK !!!!!! PLEASE .. I don’t think y’all should just leave us hanging . I wanna know who made it to be a doctor & what the relationships turned out to be like . An I wanna see the med students be doctors & watch them with patients .

Emeri March 1, 2015 at 12:33 am

I think “Scrubs ” is a good show . & I like how there’s different med students because sometimes people get bored of the same people . I think y’all should put it back on the air . Season 9 was supprusing & I watch it all . I think y’all made a mistake taking it off the air .

Nikki February 23, 2015 at 9:46 am

The “Med school” was the best!!! I would like to see more episodes then just these 13… med school was much better then other seasons :-( BRING IT BACK!!!♡♥♡♥♡

csrebel31 February 17, 2015 at 9:55 am

Scrubs should be continued. Even though there are some familiar faces in it still like Dr. Cox, Dr. Turk, Scrubs season 9 starts a completely different path story-wise. It shows you what med school is like which is something that is only referred to occasionally in seasons 1-8. BRING BACK SCRUBS!!

brianna January 21, 2015 at 9:03 pm

There should be a season 10 to see how the second semester of Med school goes and who becomes doctors and surgeons, or who doesn’t make it at all, and how the relationships turn out.

Ryan January 10, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Huge mistake cancelling Scrubs! Genuine medical facts and hospital humor intermingled with life lessons? Besides, cutting it off after one season of the “sequel” Scrubs: Med School?! WTF?!

Jeremie January 9, 2015 at 1:41 pm

I had no idea season 9 was supposed to be a spin-off. They never mentioned that. Instead all we got was a bunch of really forced lines, and forced humor. The new girl they tried to make her like J.D. which was horrible, especially the daydreaming. The relationships moved so fast that everyone was sleeping with the “love of their life” before the first episode ended. If it was a spin-off then why follow the same formula of the original, and why do it so horrifically? Try something a little different. Kelso always hanging around, always having the right answer was extremely unrealistic, even for a sitcom. They didn’t even show the most important part, and that was to see J.D. and Elliot have their baby. They had a main group the show focused on, and apparently the only people Cox cared about, and in that group of 6 only four had more than 2 lines per episode, and this group was nothing but bad copies of the originals or cliches. The absolutely worst part of the whole season was Franco. He wasn’t funny, not even close. All in all there was nothing substantial about this “spin-off”. Nothing that made you care for the characters. I was even annoyed at Cox’s character in this season. Horrible season. Wish I never saw it. A huge betrayal to the original. There shouldn’t be a season 10, EVER, if it’s going to be the same crap they showed in season 9. The best part of the season, which is no surprise, was when J.D. and Turk got together and had fun.

casey January 8, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Bring it back. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joseph January 3, 2015 at 7:41 am

Bring on season 10 they at least owe us a good happy ending not the finale episode they left us.

Karla December 26, 2014 at 10:40 am

I say season 10. It’s the funniest show.

Chris December 16, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I think they should make more episodes I Fricken loved the show I just wish that there was more Carla and jd. I’m going to miss this show!

Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 3:06 pm

There should be a season 10!

vgvh December 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Well I think that both ways because if season 9 wasn’t like different characters and wasn’t just crap then yes i will miss scrubs but then again I won’t because I started about 2 years ago on Netflix and re watched it like 3 times this is my 3rd and I didn’t even watch the 9th season I gave up on that season on the 2nd episode it was just stupid but I loved the old scrubs maybe if Carla was in the ninth season it wouldn’t be so bad I mean she wasn’t my favorite character but there was Carla and turk they were like the best couple ever!!!! So I’m in the middle