Shark Tank: Mark Cuban Joins the Sharks for Season Two

Mark CubanABC recently decided to renew Shark Tank for a second season. Though the TV show’s ratings haven’t been very good, the network opted to give it another shot, albeit a limited one. They ordered just eight new installments and have one left over from season one.

In addition to Shark Tank regulars Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, and Kevin O’Leary, comedian and entrepreneur Jeff Foxworthy will join the panel for at least three episodes.

ABC has now added an additional shark, Mark Cuban. He’s the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, the chairman of the HDNet cable channel, a former Dancing with the Stars contestant, and an experienced entrepreneur. Cuban will join the venture capitalist panel for three episodes. Presumably, the Foxworthy and Cuban guest shots won’t overlap.

New episodes of Shark Tank are expected to be produced this fall and the nine installments should begin airing in 2011.

What do you think? What do you think of Mark Cuban joining the panel? A good idea to shake up Shark Tank?

Canceled and renewed TV show

10 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nads says

This show has been on since 2009 and I’m just learning about it? Well, I rarely watch TV. This is the BEST!!

2. Helma says

I really enjoy this show, the only one worth watching; recommended it to several friends and coworkers. Would love to know what happened Mark Cuban’s project with the ‘waterhose connector’. Will we ever see them in the store? Waiting for it.

3. Jane Drennan says

I just love the show and it is one that is for adults. It is pretty hard to find anything
    worth watching. The “sharks” are learned and interesting and the show is also lots of fun
    Please keep it on if only to give the adult population something to view – thankyou.

4. carole says

I think shark tank was fine just the way it was. I think the poor ratings was because people didn’t know about it. It had gotten lost in the shuffle. Not enough PR. I really love the show.

5. Thomas says

Cuban should have been a judge from the start. The best thing that ABC could do for this show is make it more American. Make it a show inspired by another, instead of just a rip-off of Dragons’ Den. People wanna see Americans investing in Americans. Mark Cuban is a good choice. He is a noted personality and has entrepreneurial experience in several different industries. Add more famous, but also smart, “sharks” like Cuban. I suggest people like Russell Simmons, Anthony Sullivan, and Peter Thiel. Jeff Foxworthy is not of these people. He is NOT an entrepreneur! He’s just a friend of the producer and the producer needs a celebrity face to keep his show from getting canned.

6. says

I think is a great idea to have Mark Cuban join the panel to shake up Shark Tank… even though, I personally feel Shark Tank was already FANTASTIC on their first season with Barbara Corcoran, Kevin Harrington, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, and Kevin O’Leary! =) ….Can’t wait for the second season to begin !!!!

7. PWheat says

I am glad to see the show stay. It really has some good info and I like see the ideas that people have. Please keep the show on..