The Nine Lives of Chloe King: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Two

Nine Lives of Chloe King canceled season twoABC Family has decided to pull the plug on their freshman drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King. The TV series lasted for 10 episodes, running from June 14th until August 16th.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King debuted to 2.2 million viewers and was cable’s fourth-highest rated show amoung females 12-34. Unfortunately, over the course of the season, audience interest waned and the season (now series) finale attracted a little more than one million viewers. It was the least-watched summer series on ABC Family.

Based on a series of books by Liz Braswell, the TV series revolves around a teenager named Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) who discovers that she is the descendant of an ancient race with cat-like heightened abilities.

The last episode aired on August 16th and unfortunately left storylines unresolved. On the positive side, for fans who haven’t had enough, Braswell has written three books in the series and there’s likely to be more.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Chloe King has been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season? How would you have ended the series?

Zaniquaa November 1, 2014 at 3:55 am

Why would they do something like this…..I really wanna see more episodes!!!!
Really?!? Just 10 episodes… And then cancel..you’ve lost your doggone minds…
Now go find it!!!!!!! No wonder why I’ve haven’t heard from this show in years ,
And I liked it….No wonder why they took it off of Netflix….. You low life!!!!! >:(

Katie Cosgrove October 5, 2014 at 4:55 pm

I’m very upset do to the pulling of the show. This show was and still is one of my favorite shows and it is just plane mean to make a cliff hanger out of it. I loved the books but there is no comparison from it to the show. I absolutely loved the show and thought it was a great little twist from the books and was extremely interesting and exciting to watch. It was like a thriller and a romance show in one. I for one am hoping for them to bring the show back. I think they would get even more ratings from past fans anyways and be amazing. Please bring the show back, if not for you than for the past and possible future fans everywhere.

Anonymous May 1, 2013 at 9:58 am

Loved the show, should denfaintly bring it back

Biggestfan January 19, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Ugh c’mon it was like the best show ever. In the first they shouldn’t have put it its just stupid.

jessica gambrell August 28, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I dnt understand how they r gonna have a first season and it turn out so well leaving a lot of suspense in the end and not have a season two… sry rly dnt care to read the books on what happens next, didn’t plan on getting so into the show just to find out they cancelled it…

Dannielle July 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I’m so bummed!!! Was such a great show I’ll have to get the books and read to get some closure they left hanging on a lot of things

JJ July 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Why did season two become cancelled it was the best show ever