The alphabet network shares their view of the ratings for Friday, November 9, 2012 — focusing on Last Man Standing, Malibu Country, Shark Tank, and 20/20.
Here’s the ABC press release:
ABC Wins Friday for the 2nd Straight Week in Adults 18-49/”Shark Tank” is the #1 TV Show
With its comedies (Last Man Standing/Malibu Country), Shark Tank and 20/20, ABC won Friday in Adults 18-49 for the 2nd week in a row, leading by double-digit percentages over CBS (+13%), NBC (+33%) and Fox (+64%).
· ABC’s Shark Tank qualified as Friday’s #1 TV show for the 2nd straight week among young adults.
· The Net was up over the same night last November by 21% in Total Viewers and by 64% in Adults 18-49.
At 8pm, ABC’s Last Man Standing finished a close second in its half-hour to CBS’ Undercover Boss in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, beating Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares by wide margins. The ABC comedy beat out Undercover Boss by 9% among Adults 18-34 and was the broadcast leader with Teens 12-17.
· Last Man Standing greatly improved its time period over the year ago night with original programming, surging by 3.0 million viewers and by 100% in Adults 18-49.
Holding 100% of its young adult lead-in 8:30pm, ABC’s Malibu Country also delivered a strong second-place finish in its slot with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, towering over Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares. The ABC comedy won its half-hour among Women 18-34.
· Like its lead-in, Malibu Country generated huge year-over-year time-period improvement for ABC, growing its half-hour by 3.3 million viewers and by 129% in Adults 18-49 from the same night last year.
Spiking over its lead-in by 31% in Adults 18-49 to emerge as the night’s highest-rated show, ABC’s Shark Tank dominated the 9 o’clock hour, outdelivering NBC’s Grimm by 24%, CBS’ CSI: NY by 50% and Fox’s Fringe by 133%.
· Shark Tank scored the series’ 2nd highest Adult 18-49 rating ever, just behind last week’s series high.
ABC’s 20/20 ran #1 during the 10 o’clock hour in Adults 18-49, beating CBS’ Blue Bloods by 7% and NBC’s Dateline by 24%. In addition, the ABC newsmagazine bested Dateline by 9% in Total Viewers and by 43% in the key Adult 25-54 news demo. Anchored by Elizabeth Vargas, 20/20 reported on wild tales from the workplace, offering tips and secrets on how to survive the corporate jungle from such business successes as Mark Cuban, star of Shark Tank and the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, and Donald Trump.
· Building for the 2nd straight week (+7%), 20/20 marked an 8-week-high among Adults 18-49 – since 9/14/12.
· Continuing to show year-to-year gains, ABC’s 20/20 topped its year-ago broadcast in both Adults 18-49 (+7%) and Adults 25-54 (+5%).
Every day ABC spins its numbers to make it look like they’re having great ratings.
But on the plus side, their ageism is without bounds.