ABC is Up on Sunday Year to Year for the 3rd Straight Week
Early info on ABC’s Sunday, ahead of the regular ratings release.
Up against NBC’s big Sunday Night Football contest (Green Bay Packers-Houston Texans) and an NFL-overrun boosted Fox with MLB Playoffs (National League Championship Game 1), ABC continued to grow its Sunday numbers year over year in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, up for the 3rd straight week this season.
More than doubling its Adult 18-49 lead-in (+114%) and building from start to finish, ABC’s Once Upon a Time stood as Sunday’s #1 scripted show for the 3rd week in a row. From 8-9pm among Adults 18-49, Once Upon a Time beat out CBS’ Amazing Race by 15% and topped Fox’s post-season baseball by 25% in the preliminary numbers.
· Based on L+7 ratings for the new season, Once Upon a Time saw its numbers spike by 3.1 million viewers and by 1.4 Adult 18-49 rating points over its initially-reported Live + Same Day ratings.
· Once Upon a Time greatly improved its time period for ABC over the year-ago night, surging by 2.0 million viewers and by 58% in Adults 18-49.
Exhibiting strong lead-in retention (90%) in the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s Revenge dominated The Good Wife, leading the CBS drama by 59% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC sophomore drama took second to Sunday Night Football among its broadcast rivals in its time period across all key Adults (AD18-34AD18-49/AD25-54) key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· A big gainer in DVR playback, Revenge built from its L+SD to L+7 numbers in premiere week by 2.8 million viewers and by 1.1 Adult 18-49 rating points.
· ABC’s Revenge was up week to week among Adults 18-49 (+4%), while retaining 100% of the year-ago delivery for Desperate Housewives and its own performance on Wednesday last year.
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s 666 Park Avenue qualified as the #1 non-sports series in its time slot for the 3rd week in a row with Women 18-34. The new ABC drama earned 90% or better week to week retention with Total Viewers (98%), Adults 18-34 (92%) and Adults 25-54 (95%).
· Ranking among the biggest freshman series in premiere week DVR playback, 666 Park Avenue saw its Live + 7 Day Adult 18-49 rating jump by 52% (+1.1 rating) and added on another 2.6 million viewers over its Live + Same Day numbers.