ABC’s “Scandal” is Up Across the Board in Thursday’s 10pm Hour
Info on ABC’s Thursday, ahead of the regular press release.
In the 8 o’clock hour opposite the 2012 World Series and CBS’ top-rated comedies (The Big Bang Theory/Two and a Half Men), ABC freshman Last Resort outdrew NBC’s comedies (30 Rock/Up All Night) by 2.7 million viewers.
· One of the biggest gainers from DVR playback for any 8pm show this season, ABC’s Last Resort shoots up by 2.6 million viewers and by 48% (+1.0 rating) in Adults 18-49 from the next-day L+SD numbers to the final L+7 numbers.
· On average, Last Resort is improving its time period by strong double-digits margins in Total Viewers (+23%) and Adults 18-49 (+35%) over the same point last season with original drama programming.
More than doubling its lead-in among Adults 18-49 (+123%) at 9pm against the World Series, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy ran in a virtual tie for #1 in the hour. The ABC drama dominated its hour across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Spiking in DVR Playback this season, Grey’s adds 3.4 million viewers and 1.6 Adult 18-49 rating points from its next-day numbers to its L+7 finals.
· Season to date, Grey’s Anatomy is up over the same point last year in both viewers (+8%) and young adults (+6%).
Growing week to week, ABC’s Scandal continued to close the gap with CBS’ Elementary in the 10 o’clock hour (tying in Adult 18-49 audience share for the first time and pacing within 2-tenths of a rating point), while running well ahead of NBC’s Rock Center with Brian Williams in Total Viewers (+47%) and Adults 18-49 (+54%). Additionally, Scandal once again defeated Elementary to stand as the #1 scripted TV show in its slot in Adults 18-34 and across all key Women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· A big beneficiary of DVR playback, on average this season the ABC 10 o’clock drama surges by 2.4 million viewers and by 45% in young adults over its first-reported L+SD numbers to its Live + 7 Day results.
· Up across the board, Scandal grew week to week in Total Viewers (+2%), Adults 18-34 (+15%), Adults 18-49 (+5%) and Adults 25-54 (+4%). In addition, the ABC drama jumped 12% week to week with Women 18-49 to equal the series’ 2nd-highest-ever rating.