This new TV show revolves around three women who discover the magic powers within them. Unfortunately, Eastwick’s ratings have been anything but magical and the ABC show will soon be cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for ABC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, viewing online, or watching a recording many days later doesn’t really doesn’t help a series’ ratings.
If you like Eastwick and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re emotionally invested in gets people interested.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” to: Mr. Stephen McPherson, Chairman, ABC, 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, RE: Eastwick
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To ABC and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, really like watching the new Eastwick TV show on the ABC network. It’s filled with interesting characters, crazy plotlines, and is very enjoyable to watch.
Please find a way to keep Eastwick on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on ABC or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.