Episodes: 13 (hour).
TV show dates: June 11, 2017 — September 24, 2017.
Series status: Cancelled.
Performers include: Steve Harvey (host).
TV show description:
From executive producer Mark Burnett, Steve Harvey’s Funderdome TV show is a business funding competitive reality series. Featured inventors and entrepreneurs face off, in front of a live studio audience, to present their products, ideas, or companies. The audience, standing in for consumers, votes to determine the winner.
Before Harvey reveals the voting totals, he presents the inventors with a choice. One of them can walk away with a lesser cash prize. Competitors who cash out give up the chance to win a given round’s entire cash prize. The contestants must decide if they think the audience preferred their presentation or that of their opponent.
The week’s inventions and the aspiring inventors that will go head-to-head are:
· Candwich – a sandwich in a can. Inventor: Mark from Sandy, Utah
· Tillow – a combination beach towel/pillow. Inventor: Katie from Santa Monica, California
· Enjoy-a-Bowl – a bowl that allows pets to enjoy the smell of human food while sticking to their pet-food diet. Inventor: Joe from Las Vegas, Nevada
· Fedwell Pet Foods – dog food that uses crickets as a protein source. Inventor: Emily from Sudbury, Massachusetts
· Truxx – an app that allows users to find truck drivers to help them move large items. Inventor: Carlos from Syracuse, New York
· Studio Stick – a portable recording studio for smart phones and tablets. Inventor: Brandyn from Cleveland, Ohio
Before revealing the results of the crowd’s majority vote, host Steve Harvey, the highly popular stand-up comedian, actor, author and Emmy Award-winning game show host, will present the inventors with a major dilemma. One of the inventors is allowed to cash out and walk away for a lesser amount. If an inventor cashes out, they forgo the opportunity to win the whole cash prize for that round – a good move if they lost the crowd vote, but a bad move if they would have won it.
First aired: September 24, 2017.
What do you think? Do you like Steve Harvey’s Funderdome TV series? Should it have been cancelled or renewed for a second season on ABC?