Trauma revolves around a group of brave men and women who risk their lives to save others. But now, it’s them who need the saving. The ratings for NBC’s new high-action drama have not been good and, unless they improve, Trauma will be cancelled.
Remember, the most important thing to NBC is for people to watch the show on their television sets while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, watching online, or watching on a DVR days later is all very nice but it really doesn’t help a show’s ratings.
If you like Trauma and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- Watch the show each week, preferably live, and encourage others to do the same. You might know a Nielsen family and not know it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show gets people interested and invested in watching.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Mr. Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC, 3000 W. Alameda, Burbank, CA 91523, RE: Trauma
- Take note of the products that you see advertised consistently during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To NBC, Film 44, Universal Media Studios:
We, the undersigned, greatly enjoy watching the new Trauma TV show on the NBC network. It is a gripping drama that keeps us on the edge of our seats. It’s a great medical show with lots of action, interesting stories, and interesting characters.
Please find a way to keep Trauma on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on NBC or, if necessary, on one of the other NBC-Universal channels.
Thank you for your consideration.