CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Alexandra December 19, 2014 at 5:44 am

I just wanted to say that CSI MIAMI was the best TV SHOW I Have ever seen … PLEASE bring CSI MIAMI back …. I really want to se season 11 and many more seasons to come … I personally think that CBS made a big MISTAKE . … take OUT CSI NY from CBS and put back CSI MIAMI . … PEOPLE WANTS CSI MIAMI BACK … It’s been 2 years without CSI MIAMI . .. I think thats enough time …. CBS PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION . …

Anonymous December 15, 2014 at 12:39 am

it sucks CBS cancelled CSI:Miami, it was the best crime series i’ve seen. they should’ve cancelled csi: ny. they didn’t even have a proper closure of the characters….!! plz.. make season 11!!! or more!!

Heather December 14, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I love CSI Miami… Cancel NY

Kees December 8, 2014 at 7:22 am

Please . I want to see season 11. Why CBS you cancelled CSI Miami. instead of Boring NY.

Anonymous December 1, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Please bring back Miami. So missed!!!

Scott Clark November 29, 2014 at 3:50 am

I have to agree with the other people who have made previous posts that the N.Y. segment should have been cancelled. The Miami edition should continue I enjoy watching on Netflix and just now voiced my opinion because I was unaware of the cancellation. I am very sorry but I believe that the network made a big huge enormous mistake. I believe that the show would have survived at least 2-3 more seasons. Well in any case if for some reason the show becomes active again send me an email I would love to be an extra on this show…lol…just sayin….thank you and have a nice day or night

Anonymous November 22, 2014 at 2:43 pm

This sucks the BEST show is CSI:MIAMY. CANCELES NY

Art November 29, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Please bring the show back! It is indeed one of the best shows on TV and the best of the CSIs.

As a retired US Army vet now working in Afghanistan as a contractor and one who is muscular, tall, caramel black, streamline, and tight with broad shoulders and a six pack–looking better than LL Cool J and Denzel, it’s time for me to get out of this country, take some acting classes, seek a reputable marketing and promotion agency and be the star of CSI: ATL, my native hometown.

I’m charismatic, got swagger, loves to dress, smells good, am a lady’s man who drives a 750i, and I look gooood!

No doubt I’d be very fitting for the lead role in an electrifying and exhilarating TV crime drama series featuring my hometown.

Shout at me.

iA

Hector November 21, 2014 at 11:26 am

This is a real mistake. The best of all it them was CSI Miami.

Anonymous November 19, 2014 at 9:49 am

Ny shouldve went bye bye. Ny is very dull. The actors are terrible. Expect mac. He’s the only one i like. Im so mad Miami ended. It didn’t even have a proper ending. >:(

Anonymous November 15, 2014 at 2:25 am

You should have canceled CSI NY the actors in that in such plus there is little diversity in that particular version.