CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

628 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sabrina says

I believe and hope that CBS thinks better CSI MIAMI 11! Nothing is impossible!
    PLEASE BRING BACK CSI MIAMI 11!CSI MIAMI 11 RENOVATED! Then relaunch CSI: Miami for season 11!

2. Wendy barker says

Csi Miami was the best in the Csi’s.They always cancel the best shows just like fox cancelling The Following.Bring back Csi Miami.We love the show and David Caruso

3. Chris Blount says

I wish CBS would bring back CSI Miami it was a great show and it should never have been cancelled. I love David Caruso and the rest of the CSI team and I have so many questions that are unanswered. I was seriously hoping for a season 11.

4. Jhonatan says

The only reason I watched cbs was Csi Miami and now it’s gone. Well I guess they don’t care about their audience latter cbs

5. Anonimo says

It’s a pity that they stop CSI Miami…I followed this serie from the 1st Season. CSI NY could take the bullet. Okay decisions are decisions but at least last season for all their fans, to have a good farewall of the great cast. They are the best CSI team. We have some unanswered question of season 10.. Pleaseeeeee

6. kudzayi says

I personally felt CSI miami was the best of all the CSI’s and its sad it had to end.Some of us followed it religiously

7. Gary Hetelle says

Csi Miami was intentionally put on Sunday nights so they would fail. I believe this was a ploy by CBS to get rid of CSI Miami. And in the end there was a Clift hanger that went unanswered. I know cuz I bought season 10. I have watched all ten seasons more than once. Why don’t CBS sell the rights to CSI Miami to either a rival or make it a movie? Bring them all back. I watched Adam Rodriguez, on a different channel he played an undercover cop. Abc would be a perfect fit during the summer. Or on CBS in a 7 or 8 pm slot and certainly not on Sundays. No channel has anything on Saturdays which makes no sense to me at all. Just re-runs that we have seen during the week.

8. Layla says

I’m really disappointed that CSI:Miami Is cancelled and I think they should have kept making season and more episodes because it’s an amazing show!!!! And I love the show so so so so so so so much!!!!!!!

9. kirill voynov says

This is my fovorite show after rewatchING all the episodes on Netflix a million times I think yes it’s time for season 11. Too bad that the show is drivin by the advertisement and not on fan base. CBS should give their fans what they want and not give the ad campaign what they want.