CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Billy M. July 28, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Why would you leave off with an episode like that! It leaves us hanging and its bullshit! Noone wants to see lieutenant dan anymore! If we want to see him we will watch forest gump! The only reason ratings are down is cause ppl cant afford cable! We get groups at our house just to watch miami! Bring it back damn it!

christine July 3, 2014 at 6:49 am

they should then end season then properly so we are not left hanging and yearning for more

ben jarvis July 2, 2014 at 4:37 am

BRING IT BACK YOU DIDNT EVEN FINISH IT PROPERLY I WAS PISSED OFF WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT IT HAD BEEN CANCLED.L EVEN IF YOU ONLY BRING IT BACK FOR A TRIAL RUN BUT DONT GIVE UP ON IT.

Brenda July 1, 2014 at 12:31 am

I hate how they ended season 10. I never got tired of watching CSI Maimi. I dont understand why the aired CSI New York (stupid) Please bring back CSI Maimi..

Sharon June 15, 2014 at 1:48 am

Pissed off they cancelled CSI: Miami without any notice even! I’ve seen every episode so it doesn’t make any sense to me when they say….there are 232 episodes, enough to keep it in syndication…….hello?? they are RERUNS! I want NEW shows! I think I’ve seen them all at least 2x…..that’s enough! BRING BACK CSI: MIAMI~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noor June 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

One of my favorite shows! Needs to come back!

Mary May 30, 2014 at 10:48 pm

CSI Miami was the best of the CSI shows. Can you please start it up again?

Madonna George May 15, 2014 at 5:55 am

So pissed off they are not doing season 11 …… Love this CSI Miami

Pat May 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I love CSI:Miami – I watch all the reruns now..Why would you cancel them? I Love it better than the others. Although LL Cool J is one my greats, David is the Carmel Haired Detective of Choice and his crew are on point. Please reconsider starting new seasons. Pick up right where they left off!

Sheila May 8, 2014 at 12:52 am

I love CSI MIAMI I WAS MAD HOW THEY ENDED SEASON 10,I WISH THEY WOULD THEY WOULD CONTINUE THE SHOW WITH SEASON 11. CSI MIAMI IS WAY BETTTER THAN CSI NY. THEY ARE JUST SEEMING TO CHEAP TO PAY DAVID’SAND HIS CREW AND THE PRODUCERS,WE GOT STUPIDER SHOWS AIRING ON TELEVISION NOWAND DAYS WHERE IDONT EVEN WATCH TV ANYMORE I DO RERUNS OF BETTERR SHOWS ON NETFLIX. DOA CSI MIAMI SEASON 11 SOMETIME SOON.

nancy May 3, 2014 at 2:09 am

CSI Miami is a better show with good actors, the epidodes are better and they show more emotion we need a seson 11 & 12 no questions ask.

Anonymous April 25, 2014 at 3:28 pm

renewed please

davin schwarz April 21, 2014 at 4:22 am

i agree with the other comments csi should be axed it died when grissom left an the money should have been put into miami as it is a much better show all round
in australia not many watch csi an they are all repeats anyway david caruso an the miami cast are good actors

Dallas April 19, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I’m only 20 years old, but I have been watching CSI for a very long time!!! Season ten left me with so many questions!!! You can’t end it like this! It’s horrible. This show is what I look forward to and now it’s ending. I’m devestated.

Reginald April 2, 2014 at 1:41 am

Why would you renew season nine for ny and csi miami is out rating both of the others put together? Is it cause the success of Miami you don’t want to pay David’s crew the extra money? That’s not right cancelling Miami. Reconsider please?

Tracye Campbell May 10, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I own every episode and will miss Haraco my cat is named after him I think he need’s to put his sunglasses back on love this show. My family will put in episode 1 and we watch till we fall asleep wake up and go again. Love CSI Miami