CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

jeffrey May 20, 2015 at 12:31 am

Please bring back csi Miami y would u guys cancel such a great outstanding show its my favorite show of all time please bring it back

Anonymous May 22, 2015 at 4:50 am

Yes! Plz bring it back!!! That was a great show!!!

Anonymous May 13, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I love it :) is the best so sad it end it :(

kudzayi April 10, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I personally felt CSI miami was the best of all the CSI’s and its sad it had to end.Some of us followed it religiously

Gary Hetelle March 8, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Csi Miami was intentionally put on Sunday nights so they would fail. I believe this was a ploy by CBS to get rid of CSI Miami. And in the end there was a Clift hanger that went unanswered. I know cuz I bought season 10. I have watched all ten seasons more than once. Why don’t CBS sell the rights to CSI Miami to either a rival or make it a movie? Bring them all back. I watched Adam Rodriguez, on a different channel he played an undercover cop. Abc would be a perfect fit during the summer. Or on CBS in a 7 or 8 pm slot and certainly not on Sundays. No channel has anything on Saturdays which makes no sense to me at all. Just re-runs that we have seen during the week.

Layla March 5, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I’m really disappointed that CSI:Miami Is cancelled and I think they should have kept making season and more episodes because it’s an amazing show!!!! And I love the show so so so so so so so much!!!!!!!

Lea March 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm

i dont want it to STOP!!!!!

kirill voynov February 14, 2015 at 3:19 am

This is my fovorite show after rewatchING all the episodes on Netflix a million times I think yes it’s time for season 11. Too bad that the show is drivin by the advertisement and not on fan base. CBS should give their fans what they want and not give the ad campaign what they want.