CSI: Miami: Cancelled by CBS, No Season 11

canceled CSI MiamiAfter 10 seasons, it’s time for David Caruso to turn in his sunglasses. CBS has cancelled CSI: Miami, the first show in the CSI franchise to end.

Starting in 2002, the TV series follows a South Florida team of forensic investigators who often use advanced scientific methods to solve crimes. The current cast includes Caruso, Adam Rodriguez, Emily Procter, Eva La Rue, Jonathan Togo, Omar Benson Miller, and Rex Linn.

The ratings for CSI: Miami have declined over the years. Season nine averaged a 2.1 in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 9.85 million total viewers. That was down from season eight by 13% in the demo (vs a 2.4 rating) and down by 5% in viewership (vs 10.39 million).

While the cop show’s overall viewership is still impressive, advertisers want shows that cater to the demo audience and the network has many shows that attract big overall audiences.

Should CSI: NY have been cancelled instead?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What’s more, after 10 seasons on the air, CSI: Miami is no doubt very expensive to produce and there are already 232 episodes, more than enough to keep running in syndication for many years.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, suggested that one of the CSI shows might be cancelled this month. The original CSI was already renewed so it was a guessing game to see if Miami or NY would bite the bullet. CSI: NY has reportedly been renewed for season nine.

Of the cancellation news, CBS released the following statement:

CSI: Miami leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that CSI: Miami has been cancelled? Will you miss the show? Was it time for it end or would you have liked to have seen an 11th season?

Vincent October 21, 2014 at 9:04 pm

I like that show a like to see season 11

Gladys Chacon October 21, 2014 at 1:20 am

PLEASE BRING BACK CSI:MIAMI PLEASE I BURLY FINISH SEEING ALL THE SEASON OF THEM ITS SO ENTERTAINING. I CANT BELIEVE THE RATING WENT DOWN ITS IMPOSSIBLE SUCH AM AMAZING SHOW WOULD BRING THE RATING DOWN
PLEASE ALL THE FANS OUT THERE WANT THEM BACK PLEASE BRING CSI:MIAMI BACK!!!!

Robbie October 19, 2014 at 11:18 pm

wish as back on!!! even reruns ok Family would get together

Robbie October 19, 2014 at 11:16 pm

My family would get together have snacks and looked forward to watch CSI Miami The show was very entertaining Sure Miss it!!! Even would like to see reruns!

Jordan October 15, 2014 at 1:08 am

BRING CSI MIAMI BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!

adeline October 7, 2014 at 12:17 pm

i miss it so much,it had a story to it more than the other ones.

Brian lawson October 6, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I’m two from completing all of the episodes of CSI Miami, they shouldn’t of canceled it, maybe one day they’ll bring it back fingers crossed

MichaelH August 25, 2014 at 12:07 am

After watching all 232 episodes 3 times over, I can’t understand how this show could have been in their best interest to cancel. A 100% bad move in my opinion. My daughter watched it as it was broadcast and got me hooked on it, so much so that I bought all the seasons on DVD, my whole family watched it so it catered for young and old alike. I am not a fan of the other csi shows so I won’t be watching those. In my opinion it would be of great benefit for them to continue with it where they left off and it’s not too late.

CSIMIAMI4EVER August 15, 2014 at 2:04 pm

So I saw one episode of CSI Miami and got hook in the first five minutes. I love this show and it was a long time before I even realized that the show was cancelled! I was so sad. I have been surfing the net trying to see if it could come back on but nothing is coming up but I am hoping that if all of Miami’s fans can come up with a way to bring it back and if we could ask the cast what they think it might be able to come back. I would clear my schedule just to see the new episodes. BRING BACK CSI MIAMI PLEASE! This show brought in lots of money and I am sure that it will bring in more if it was renewed.

Samantha August 3, 2014 at 1:48 am

This is what I have to say is, CSI needs to be back on this is the best show ever! The actors are awesome and the show is much better more action than NY show. I love Huraso, he is awesome and what really makes the show. Never seen a reddish head man play a awesome character. BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!