My Generation: A Mistake to Replace It with Grey’s Anatomy Repeats?

My GenerationThough fans of the recently cancelled My Generation may be lamenting its demise, the move to replace it with repeats of Grey’s Anatomy appears to make better financial sense for the network.

Last week’s Grey’s Anatomy rerun brought in a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and this week, the repeat got a 1.1 rating. That’s essentially what My Generation attracted in its second and final week on the air. Based on My Generation’s week-to-week performance and the drop-off of viewers during each episode, it’s reasonable to expect that the freshman show’s numbers would have kept falling.

Since airing a repeat is cheaper than producing a new episode of television, ABC made a smart financial decision — at least in the short-term. They’ll no doubt soon find something else to run in that slot.

In the long-run, they’ve potentially alienated a few million viewers by once again abruptly ending a show. Hopefully, ABC will make the remaining six episodes of My Generation available at some point, either on Saturday nights or online. They won’t give fans any closure but most would agree that it’s better than nothing.

What do you think? Do you still want to see the unaired episodes of My Generation?

Adam November 25, 2010 at 10:39 pm

This show rocked. Giant, awful mistake to get rid of it!!!

Amanda November 17, 2010 at 6:08 pm

I was disappointed that the show was cancelled.. I liked it and was just starting to get into it and the characters.. what a shame ABC keeps cancelling the new and different shows.. It’s frustrating to see only a few episodes of a show and it then just drops off with no ending..

Anonymous November 5, 2010 at 10:13 am

I WAS GETTING INTO THE SHOW! I REALLY WANT TO WATCH THE REST OF THE EPISODES. I ONLY WATCHED IT ONLINE THOUGH BECAUSE LIKE SOME PEOPLE.. WE GET TOO BUSY WORKING AND GOING TO SCHOOL SO I DONT GET HOME USUALLY UNTIL LIKE 10 WHEN IVE ALREADY MISSED IT ON TV. ME AND MY BOYFRIEND REALLY ENJOYED IT! I WANT TO SEE THE REST OF THE SEASON!

Sefora November 4, 2010 at 8:58 am

i think it was a hugeee mistake because greys anatomy is boring and people could record the episodes or watch it online but my generation just started!!

Anonymous October 30, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I really liked this show. They should have at least aired the rest of the season….

Anonymous October 29, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I love this show! Let me watch it online at the very least.

R October 29, 2010 at 8:28 pm

This show had a lot of potential; it accurately presented challenges “my generation” faces making it very relatable. Please at least realease the rest of the episodes ABC!

Janmc October 28, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I really liked this show! I’m so sorry it’s not on the air anymore :( I wouldn’t buy it on video but I would watch it online!

gabby October 28, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I was sad when I heard about the show I really liked it alot. Hope they will put the show back on

Callie October 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

This show isn’t easily forgotten. They need to let us finish it. And to Grey’s Anatomy. I thought this show would have ended years ago when Grey died for 2 episodes and came back to life, can you say “jumping the shark”?

Jennie October 23, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Great show! I was really looking forward to having this on my TV list. Please air remaining episodes or let me watch them online!!!!